The GM Mode Prospect Thread

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Quick question. Am I the only one who creates prospects who are not in the game like Demko and Eichel?

I will often edit potentials of some prospects around the league. I feel like there is a lack of young talent in GM mode once you reach like 2018 or so. So, I give a ton of prospects from every team a boost.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
I will often edit potentials of some prospects around the league. I feel like there is a lack of young talent in GM mode once you reach like 2018 or so. So, I give a ton of prospects from every team a boost.

Ya I also do that because it seems like it is always the same guys getting better and doing the same things like Dolphin always scoring 50 goals or Bozon leading the league in assists, ect. It adds more variety to each GM mode. In my GM modes, Eichel usually reaches 90 by 25 but progresses slow. It is also fun because I made Eichel and Mcdavid both 78 4.5 grees so it's fun to see who goes first in 2015 so it adds more variety.

EDIT: You guys know I ment Laurent Dauphin. Freaking spell check

Last edited:

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
Ya I also do that because it seems like it is always the same guys getting better and doing the same things like Dolphin always scoring 50 goals or Bozon leading the league in assists, ect. It adds more variety to each GM mode. In my GM modes, Eichel usually reaches 90 by 25 but progresses slow. It is also fun because I made Eichel and Mcdavid both 78 4.5 grees so it's fun to see who goes first in 2015 so it adds more variety.

I never knew dolphins were that good! :sarcasm:

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
I remember on my first Be a GM mode I did on NHL 14, I remember seeing somebody on the Rangers lead the league with 63 goals in a single season so I checked him out. He was an 83 overall with 3.5 red stars!

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
I was just playing and in free agency I a goalie named Justin Paulic is a 26 year old 91 overall elite goalie and 3 GOLD STARS! I'd post a picture to prove I'm not joking around but I don't know how to, so if someone wants to see proof just tell me how to post a picture here and I'll do it.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Be careful with him, he might have just had a stellar playoffs and could drop, you might want to just sign him and trade him for something you need while he has value

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Aside from Demko, Eichel and Vasilevsky, what other notable prospects are there that should be in the game who aren't? What would you rate them?

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
I was just playing and in free agency I a goalie named Justin Paulic is a 26 year old 91 overall elite goalie and 3 GOLD STARS! I'd post a picture to prove I'm not joking around but I don't know how to, so if someone wants to see proof just tell me how to post a picture here and I'll do it.

:amazed:

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Be careful with him, he might have just had a stellar playoffs and could drop, you might want to just sign him and trade him for something you need while he has value

I didn't sign him because I have a 95 overall 23 overall 5 green star goalie and i needed to clear up about 5 mil to sign Ekblad who was my RFA I couldn't sign in the resign. I started the regular season and the goalie was signed by Minnesota for I think a little over 10 mil a year for 5 years and he dropped to an 83 overall, but he was still listed as an elite goalie and his trade value bar was more than 3/4 full fore whatever reason.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Usually I play as the Rangers, but wanting to see how a rebuild would go, I went with Buffalo and traded away most of the veterans with retained salary or under market value.

I ended up with about 20 picks in the draft..about 4 in the first round...and had $30 million in cap space. I had to sign Orpik and Kulemin to massive contracts, plus picking up a few crappy 1-year cap dumps in return for picks just to reach the cap floor.

I have a ton of really nice forward prospects, but they just take forever to develop. I grabbed Sam Bennett in the beginning of the second round. Nice going, EA. I was fighting Phoenix to be in last place and somehow Tampa ended up getting the first pick anyway, taking Ekblad.

Future top 6 is going to be something like:

Ritchie - Bennett - Nylander
Ehlers - Draisaitl - Jurco

Plus there's still Grigorenko, Girgensons, Foligno, and Armia.

Never mind the force that is the D.

In terms of goal-tending, Makarov jumped up to a 70 already.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
I have macdavid centering my first line with Nylander on the wing, they each had 100+ point seasons with Nylander scoring 60 goals and macdavid had 40, macdavid also had 70 assists

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Usually I play as the Rangers, but wanting to see how a rebuild would go, I went with Buffalo and traded away most of the veterans with retained salary or under market value.

I ended up with about 20 picks in the draft..about 4 in the first round...and had $30 million in cap space. I had to sign Orpik and Kulemin to massive contracts, plus picking up a few crappy 1-year cap dumps in return for picks just to reach the cap floor.

I have a ton of really nice forward prospects, but they just take forever to develop. I grabbed Sam Bennett in the beginning of the second round. Nice going, EA. I was fighting Phoenix to be in last place and somehow Tampa ended up getting the first pick anyway, taking Ekblad.

Future top 6 is going to be something like:

Ritchie - Bennett - Nylander
Ehlers - Draisaitl - Jurco

Plus there's still Grigorenko, Girgensons, Foligno, and Armia.

Never mind the force that is the D.

In terms of goal-tending, Makarov jumped up to a 70 already.

Be careful with Buffalo Sabres prospects. They tend to bust or take super long to become NHL ready.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Just started playing again and I'm up to the middle of the season. I checke out the 91 overall 3 star goalie and he is an 82 overall and is listed as a backup and the 3rd best goalie they have under contract. He is making 9.845 mil a year for the next 5 years. He screwed Minnesota.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Just started playing again and I'm up to the middle of the season. I checke out the 91 overall 3 star goalie and he is an 82 overall and is listed as a backup and the 3rd best goalie they have under contract. He is making 9.845 mil a year for the next 5 years. He screwed Minnesota.

:laugh:

vilyzz

Apr 13, 2014
And you are saying he dropped from elite to backup and only one overall. Yeah right..:D

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
And you are saying he dropped from elite to backup and only one overall. Yeah right..:D

I'm not kidding. It was insane statistical growth. I'd upload a picture to prove I'm not lying but I don't know how to here and and I'm at a hockey Tournament a couple hours awAy from my house so I only have the pictures of him at 91 overall in free agency.

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
Does it hurt a prospect if under 20 and listed as a 3rd or 4th liner but 80 overall if played on the 1st or 2nd line? Or does he benefit from it?

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
I'm not kidding. It was insane statistical growth. I'd upload a picture to prove I'm not lying but I don't know how to here and and I'm at a hockey Tournament a couple hours awAy from my house so I only have the pictures of him at 91 overall in free agency.

It happened to me to, Anthony stolarz was 3.5 yellow stars, got up to 91 overall one year, the flyers resigned him for something crazy like 7 million for 7 years, come preseason he's 82 overall (somehow still elite and still crazy trade value) I checked up on him halfway through the season and he's a backup.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
It happened to me to, Anthony stolarz was 3.5 yellow stars, got up to 91 overall one year, the flyers resigned him for something crazy like 7 million for 7 years, come preseason he's 82 overall (somehow still elite and still crazy trade value) I checked up on him halfway through the season and he's a backup.
That's what happened. In the beginning of the season, he dropped to 82 overall but still considered an elite goalie, but I checked again midway through the season, his trade value was crappy and he was a listed as a backup. I also think he wasn't playing that much because they had another goalie listed as a starter and I think an 84 overall and they had a goalie also an 82 overall lists as a backup.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
That's what happened. In the beginning of the season, he dropped to 82 overall but still considered an elite goalie, but I checked again midway through the season, his trade value was crappy and he was a listed as a backup. I also think he wasn't playing that much because they had another goalie listed as a starter and I think an 84 overall and they had a goalie also an 82 overall lists as a backup.

You'd also think a backup with that high of a cap hit would have no trade value whatsoever, but for me he still had like the value of 2 second round picks, it was kinda funny

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
You'd also think a backup with that high of a cap hit would have no trade value whatsoever, but for me he still had like the value of 2 second round picks, it was kinda funny

Ya. That goalie in mine is making like 9.845 mil for 5 years yet he has about the Same value as the 30th overall pick.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

Snap a pic on a phone, connect the USB (charger cord) to the computer, upload it to Photobucket or a similar service. Then copy the link to an HF post there and surround the link betwee [img1]link[/ink1], but take out the 1's and the link part (replace with actual link.)

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00