The GM Mode Prospect Thread

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
How many of you guys edit prospect/player ratings? Some of EA's ***** is just ridiculous.

I've edited about 45 players in the first draft, and about 30 players in the second draft to ensure that it becomes far more realistic and a deeper draft.

You can actually rebuild quite quickly if you utilize the first 2 drafts properly, or use your limited picks to pick some nice players - either way, there's value in the 2 drafts that isn't usually there if you use EA's awful prospect ratings.

NOTE - Make sure you update your rosters; EA does adjust prospects overalls and potentials throughout the year.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I just drafted a 5 green star goalie as well. How do you all recommend I let him develop? Send him back to juniors for a few years?

Do nothing. Or anything you want.

Literally.

5-star green players will develop regardless of your use of them.

Best case scenario would be to make sure he's not playing in the NHL until his player rating, at worst, is backup.

But other than that he's going to develop on his own without you playing him. If he's not good enough for the NHL yet, send him to junior / minors. But no need to treat him different than any other prospect - he will just get that crazy jump a lot quicker than everyone else.

InTheCreaseDallas

Dec 25, 2012
Dallas, TX
Valeri Nichushkin never seems to develop. Whats the highest anyone has seen him?

I'm in my fourth year and he's now a 82. He stayed at 77 overall after the first year having put up 75 points on my first line, went up to 78 after year 2 with 65 points and then just recently made the jump to 82 after an 80 point season. Gotta love EA's progression system for a 4 star 18 year old putting up 75 points his rookie year.

Despite being an 82 he is an absolute monster for me now. Has 52 points in 38 games and is fun to play with so I wouldn't undervalue his 82 rating. Still, I think he should have a much higher rating.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Custimization>creation zone>edit player

Be sure to save the rosters right after and load it right before you start a new gm mode to make sure it has the rosters you want.

boog204

Jun 9, 2014
One (of many things) that annoys me about Be a GM is that certain guys are just programmed to develop regardless. So for example, I started one w/ Nashville and Blake Siebenhaler was 4 1/2 green stars. He went from a 52 to 85 in two years. I, of course, mistakingly deleted the file. So pre-Be a GM I edited Blake to 4 1/2 stars in potential and in two years he gained two points. The whole development process is pretty lame. It's the same 4-5 guys who develop so they're actually usable and the others take 6-8 seasons.

I even tried "copying" Nylander and Honka stat by stat onto other players who had a faces just to see if the development was the same. The copy didn't gain a point, Nylander and Honka jumped 8 and 5 after one season. Greg Betzold, regardless of where he is ranked will always gain 10 points or so. But half of the first round does nothing.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
On a sedate note my top 6 is crazy

Erne(88)-MacKinnon(90)-Kucherov(94)
Skinner(87)-Sheifle(89)-Eberle (90)

And top 6 D,

Hedman(89)-Jones (92)
Murray(88)-Lindholm(87)
Reinhart(86)-Nurse(85)

Goalies
Gibson(89)
Subban (86)

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Edmonton oilers:

Drouin(92)-Hopkins(94)-Eberle(88)
Hall(89)-Johansen(90)-Yakupov (87)

Reilly(88)-Jones(91)
Murray(88)-Spurgeon(86)

Lehner(86)

I was able to keep this core together for years till nuge and Drouin both asked for 10 million per haha there was one year Drouin scored 50 goals in 44 games.

Question, has anyone had any success with Mantha? i need to update i think its been a while.

Captain Nutjob

Nothing to see here
Mar 13, 2014
question, has anyone had any success with mantha? I need to update i think its been a while.

Mantha usually takes a while to progress, usually 5-6 years in my experiences. I usually see him cap off at 85-87, but I've seen him as high as 89. It's worth the wait though. Great goal scorer.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Edmonton oilers:

Drouin(92)-Hopkins(94)-Eberle(88)
Hall(89)-Johansen(90)-Yakupov (87)

Reilly(88)-Jones(91)
Murray(88)-Spurgeon(86)

Lehner(86)

I was able to keep this core together for years till nuge and Drouin both asked for 10 million per haha there was one year Drouin scored 50 goals in 44 games.

Question, has anyone had any success with Mantha? i need to update i think its been a while.

I had Eberle hit 91 rating and score 52 goals!

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
At 22 my 5 green star goalie is 94 overall and has a vezina and Calder

Cool. I was playing last night and drafted a 5 green star goalie in I think the 2018 draft. I drafted him he was 19 years old at 73 overall. I sent him to juniors for 1 year and the next year, he started the season at 91 overall, then the next season he was 95 overall only at 21 years old. Also the next season I drafted a 18 year old 4 green star kid. His name was Maurice Richard.

JCLiponfanboy*

I am playing with the original rosters, and Colby Robak a 3.5 gold star player jumped from 84 to 94. This is the same offseason that I got fired on. FML.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Anyone know how the following turnout:

Thomas Hertl- currently a 83 overall with 4.5 red stars and 86 def. awareness and 75 faceoffs (he's my third line centre)
Grififin Reinhart- currently a 81, playing on bottom pairing but 2.5 yellow potential (jumped from 77 to 81 during off season)
Matt Dumba- currently 81 playing on top pairing in minors 4 red star potential
Kerbe Rychel- 4 and a half red star potential playing on top line of all 80's in the minors
Sam Bennett
Julius Honka
Hampus Lindholm

Last edited:

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Anyone know how the following turnout:

Thomas Hertl- currently a 83 overall with 4.5 red stars and 86 def. awareness and 75 faceoffs (he's my third line centre)
Grififin Reinhart- currently a 81, playing on bottom pairing but 2.5 yellow potential (jumped from 77 to 81 during off season)
Matt Dumba- currently 81 playing on top pairing in minors 4 red star potential
Kerbe Rychel- 4 and a half red star potential playing on top line of all 80's in the minors
Sam Bennett
Julius Honka
Hampus Lindholm

Rychel usually tops out at 84 for me, GREAT checking/scoring winger though.

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
I swapped in Team France for Phoenix just to screw around and I realized I had Tim Bozon on my team. So then I went to Montreal to make a trade and I realized they also had Tim Bozon in their system. So now I have 2 Tim Bozon's on my team :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
Prospect development is freaking wacked in this game. My #3 overall pick just had a ppg season on the first line of my ahl team and won every award he possibly could, yet he goes from a 79 to a 77... **** you EA. And **** you Rammer.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
I swapped in Team France for Phoenix just to screw around and I realized I had Tim Bozon on my team. So then I went to Montreal to make a trade and I realized they also had Tim Bozon in their system. So now I have 2 Tim Bozon's on my team :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

So the only thing left to do now, is find another Tim Bozon to fulfill your future 1st/2nd line of only Tim Bozon.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
So for some reason I couldn't figure out how to get the 5 star green goalie I drafted to go back to juniors, he was just on my AHL team by default (I might have screwed something up). Anyways, I let him start the season for my AHL team and now he's a 5 star yellow. :cry:

Made me pretty much lose interest in my current Be a GM.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
So for some reason I couldn't figure out how to get the 5 star green goalie I drafted to go back to juniors, he was just on my AHL team by default (I might have screwed something up). Anyways, I let him start the season for my AHL team and now he's a 5 star yellow. :cry:

Made me pretty much lose interest in my current Be a GM.

That has happened to me and it has pissed me off a lot.

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
Have you guys ever seen Zachary Davies in free agency? 3.5 star 25 year old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad