Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Gee, P-U! Fire the staff time in B'lo. 9-4 loss to Columbus, 12/19/23

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
The terribly hideous...i think i am walking away for the rest of the season. I have cared too much for a team that only intermittently cares back. Games like last night's break my heart and i am done wasting my time and my energy and my emotions.
I've been past the point where they absolutely need to be consistently showing us some real effort before I'll bother to watch whatever they end up doing instead of that. Giving up 9 goals to the Blue Jackets...people should have already been fired, traded, waived and cast into the sun by this point of Wednesday morning. The fact that we're unwilling to change what isn't working is why we fail.

He's the terrible narrator of this cruel story they are telling. I want it all washed out for the sanity of all my senses.
Sabres have never made the playoffs under Rob Ray's broadcast tenure with the team.

Coincidence? I think...probably.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Sabres have never made the playoffs under Rob Ray's broadcast tenure with the team.

Coincidence? I think...probably.
I'd make Rob the coach before I get rid of him as a broadcaster. He's a franchise legend, not to mention (along with Marty) one of the org's only charismatic and respected employees outside of their little bubble at Main and Perry.

Hell, this afternoon lock him in a storage room with every player signed longer than three years.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Inspirational speeches will not fix this team. Ennabling the players by saying "shi." happens will not do it either. Naming and shaming? I don't know. I just think if the ingredients are all there and they are quality ingredients but the cake is crap? Fire the cook.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Inspirational speeches will not fix this team. Ennabling the players by saying "shi." happens will not do it either. Naming and shaming? I don't know. I just think if the ingredients are all there and they are quality ingredients but the cake is crap? Fire the cook.
i have been a huge proponent of Granato, but yeah. I think if he is struggling to fix the problems then we need a more experienced coach. I feel gross saying that because granato really gave us a fun couple of seasons.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
You hear this analogy often in sports. Is Adams the cook? Is Granato the cook book that doesn't have precise (or incorrect) measurements?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The problem with a quality coach is that they’ll want an NHL quality roster. They won’t put up with Adams’ incompetence and inaction. So we get interim Seth Appert who takes the team on a fake run when the pressure is off completely and they remove the interim tag and we repeat this all over again.

They need a coach who doesn’t make demands or have ideas because he will work for an organization that has no interest in doing what it takes to build a competitive team.

No pressure from above. No pressure from below. No punishment for anyone. No standard. No consequences. No accountability. No hope.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I'd make Rob the coach before I get rid of him as a broadcaster. He's a franchise legend, not to mention (along with Marty) one of the org's only charismatic and respected employees outside of their little bubble at Main and Perry.

Hell, this afternoon lock him in a storage room with every player signed longer than three years.
I hate your timeline.

• Love
Reactions: HOOats

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Wife cooked a turkey for dinner (half of it will be used for a party planned for Friday 22nd). Maybe it was the tryptophan or maybe it was the (3) 16-oz IPAs imbibed working in yard/garage/back porch before dinner, but I watched the Sabres score 30 seconds in, then CBJ take a 2-1 lead with the Sabres anemic puck possession and putrid offense on full display, then Levi pulled for UPL and 2 GA on 2 shots, then fell asleep. I awoke with a 9-4 final. Glad I slept through it.

Is it my false memory or do the Sabres annually at the Christmas holidays shit the bed against Columbus as if they were Elvis holed up in a Vegas hotel bedroom clad in diapers after ingesting a half-dozen banana and peanut butter sandwiches?

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Is it my false memory or do the Sabres annually at the Christmas holidays shit the bed against Columbus as if they were Elvis holed up in a Vegas hotel bedroom clad in diapers after ingesting a half-dozen banana and peanut butter sandwiches?
Last year, at this time, Buffalo beat Columbus 9 to something. It was the game Tage Thompson scored 5 goals. Not sure about previous years, though. That would take research, which is much more work than I'm willing to put in.

EDIT: It was a bit earlier in December last year. Dec 7th.

Tage Thompson Scores Five Goals In Buffalo Sabres 9-4 Win Over Blue Jackets

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Last year, at this time, Buffalo beat Columbus 9 to something. It was the game Tage Thompson scored 5 goals. Not sure about previous years, though. That would take research, which is much more work than I'm willing to put in.

EDIT: It was a bit earlier in December last year. Dec 7th.

Tage Thompson Scores Five Goals In Buffalo Sabres 9-4 Win Over Blue Jackets
They "only" lost 7-4 in 2021. That was a Thanksgiving edition game.

Reactions: Ehran

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad