Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Gee, P-U! Fire the staff time in B'lo. 9-4 loss to Columbus, 12/19/23

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Good: I was originally planning to come to North America late in this season and I’d have potentially been at the Sabres’ last home game of the regular season. I’d been thinking that might have been a great game as we go into the post season. The good in this is - my buddy can’t do 2024 so we rescheduled to 2025. I won’t be there at an empty dead-rubber game with no meaning.

Bad: I might be faced with the same scenarios in 2025.

Ugly: I might start watching other teams for a while and just give up on watching the Sabres. The Ducks aren’t overachieving but they’re at least fun to watch.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
That is definitely a game that would get people fired on other teams. Especially considering the context of underperforming and the types of issues we’ve had (slow starts, inconsistent effort, bad PP). Not sure about our team though.

Berube just became available…

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Well, at least they didn't string us along like they did in April before getting removed from playoff contention. They took care of it nice and early this year. Before Christmas even. Back to the norm. Makes me detest those spoiled Vegas fans even more, especially since they're getting the A's in a year, my 2nd favorite baseball franchise. Ugh. About to give up on sports altogether.

Grinder44

Jun 6, 2006
Los Angeles
This team is so utterly fragile I'm not sure how they fix it.

My only thought is to go back to my old man's strategy of giving them all a "swift kick in the a--"! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: toddkaz

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Bad: Missed a lot of this one on the phone getting shitty news.

Bad: Saw Tage take one off the hand killing a penalty while the team was down 6-1. Coming back from a hand injury. That right there is a fire-worthy level of stupid.

Ugly: Even if the score was reversed I wouldn’t be able to give a shit tonight.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Granato is refusing to answer the questions and just answering the way he wants.

He wont even hold himself accountable.
The honest version would be: "We have a shit team and Adams won't do anything about it. Before every game I warm these turds up and spray them to get them moist and usually that keeps them sliding for about a period before they freeze and get stuck somewhere on the ice. After the game I carefully remove them by hacking the ice away around them, pick them up with silk gloves and warm them in toasted hotdog buns for their comfort. Then I give an inspirational speech to get them going for the next game. Be brave little turds!"

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Good: I was originally planning to come to North America late in this season and I’d have potentially been at the Sabres’ last home game of the regular season. I’d been thinking that might have been a great game as we go into the post season. The good in this is - my buddy can’t do 2024 so we rescheduled to 2025. I won’t be there at an empty dead-rubber game with no meaning.

Ugly: I might start watching other teams for a while and just give up on watching the Sabres. The Ducks aren’t overachieving but they’re at least fun to watch.
I will center my Buffalo trip around the Bills instead.

Reactions: KiwiGriff

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

Don't leave. Just fight if u care for team. Call out nhl, Edge player tracking etc.

But IF team (sabres) won't fight back then you're right to leave it wont get better til they do along w all the abused in city and former inhabitants, .

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
13 years of the same BS. We've been riding on a Merry Go-Round of futility that has never stopped. When it lasts this long you have no choice but to look at the owner. Time to sell the ride ,'Pegs. Or at least clean house. We need a change.

Last edited:

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I always find it hard to completely give up on the Sabres. After these bad stretches I keep saying, "no point in watching" or "I think i will just not watch the next couple" but low and behold I end up right there in my chair next game giving them another shot.

But f*** if they aren't REALLY giving it a good try right now to get me to stop watching completely.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
No , thay are. They need to stand up and realize in hell, you can play honorable hockey bit you can't play pretty til your up 3 goals , IF you care about winning. and fight back to Edge bullying. Or quit
I think they already quit by the looks of the game last night, bunch of losers with no spine

Reactions: Fearnot

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
The terribly hideous...i think i am walking away for the rest of the season. I have cared too much for a team that only intermittently cares back. Games like last night's break my heart and i am done wasting my time and my energy and my emotions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad