Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Gee, P-U! Fire the staff time in B'lo. 9-4 loss to Columbus, 12/19/23

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Doesn't this violate the CBA? I thought all players had to be available to the media after the game. I'm probably wrong, but I could have swore there was an NHL rule that required the players to be available after games.
Yes and Donny said, if there is someone you want to talk to we will make them available for you.

So he was covering his ass.

He doesn't have control over this team.

It also shows there was no talk after the game. The guys just split.

Reactions: sabresfan129103

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
6 guys left in the locker room for the press.

Donny - Really? It was tough for them,

He has no control over this team. He didn't even know if the guys left or stayed to answer press questions.

Clown coach
There’s nothing for the players to say. At this point the shareholders (fans) need to hear something from the CEO (owner) about what is going on and what changes are going to be done and the accountability from this company (team) that will be held for not making a profit for 13 years. I’m done listening to the employees and department managers about what they will do that continues to not work.

Maybe if we start talking business speak Terry will eventually get interested back into his hobby And understand the severity of the lack of success.

Reactions: sabremike

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
The doubters sure look right on tonight. Disgusting, junk, cowardly performance. The occasional great performances are just a taunt at this point. First time I've ever been embarrassed to be in the building (I took a date! LOL).

Just disappointed in the individuals involved, Donnie included. A lot of us have come to like them and believe and trust in them. But to be honest, right now it's a bunch of spoiled kids who look like they give zero f***s about us. Like someone said this week, we saw A LOT of beach pics this summer. Lot of engagements, parties, babies, contract celebrations. It's looking like the cart got way ahead of the horse.

Oh and Owen Power is an absolute p***y - he needs about two years of good performance to override what I've seen from him this year. Cake. Eater. He's not the only one, but holy hell.

Probably signing off for a bit aside from WJC and prospect stuff. Always enjoy mixing it up with y'all, but the cathartic or negative stuff just doesn't do anything for me when we have no control over any of this. Still optimistic for the long-term, I like a lot of the pieces, definitely not burning my jersey by any means. But this was always going to depend on a couple decisive, holeshot trades to turn potential into success and we've arrived at that point in uncomfortable fashion.

An earnest Merry Christmas to the gang.

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Don Granato - We were off tonight and it happens. It happens around the league.

What horse shit
The Blue Jackets have scored 9 goals exactly one other time in team history. In 2016.

So no…it does not, actually, happen

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Players know the GM won’t trade them. They know he won’t fire the coach. They know he won’t get them real help. They know he is an impotent loser. Everyone just cash in the those contracts and wait for the next regime to trade you so you can win your cup a rich man.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Don Granato - We were off tonight and it happens. It happens around the league.

What horse shit

This excuse would be fine if we were playing as expected and laid an egg here or there. But man, how are you gonna come out with that line when the team took until game ~20 to show up at all, still hasn't been able to string together consecutive decent games since then, and just gave up nearly double digits to a team whose record is as bad as ours? This team is a straight dumpster fire right now, and no one is being held accountable.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Time to break out an old classic:
FB_IMG_1703045373378.jpg

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
G: I decided to watch something else after the 1st period

Adams needs to be fired, and the new GM should get to pick his new coach.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
When will this shit end?! How long can granato be up to mischief with this team? It's unbelievable that nothing happened. It would be long overdue. This team is dead
Only okposo stood up to media scum. Donny fired himself. Sad and id hang w don over the league destryers that meddled w Edge. But Don you gotta talk about This Game , get pissed at something. Insanity is thinking this is JUST hockey don, you'd be a great coach if it was. Makes what the Bills did thatmuch more impressive

Reactions: HaNotsri

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I'm fairly confident the drought will easily reach drinking age, assuming they don't get moved to Houston or someplace else before that happens.

What a disgrace of a franchise they've become under Pegula between all the bonehead GMs, overmatched coaches, and low effort, dumb players. Even the good ones just eventually suck total ass more often than not while they're here.
My sentiments exactly. Proud franchise in ruins.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
That was the nail in the coffin for playoff hopes, they sit 13-17-2 with no games in hand.

They need to rattle off a 10 game win streak and hope teams lose more than they win starting now if they even want to be in contention.

I'm glad I missed this one but now that they aren't playing for anything, I doubt I watch anymore. No one to root for. I'm don't care to watch for player development anymore. I want wins and playoffs.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Sad.

About this franchise disappointing, again. About a good man doing his best, who's failing at being an NHL head coach. About a proud captain at the end of his career with no answers to painful questions.

Angry.

About this maddeningly inconsistent team of talented underachievers. About a GM incapable of meaningful changes. About an absentee owner who apparently doesn't care.

Resigned.

I love hockey. This is my team. I'll continue to watch and support them, and hope for the best. That will never change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad