The future of the Ottawa Senators PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
You talk so much about $1 costco beer, that seems right up Melnyk's avenue. He'd probably just swap the keg, call it Stella, and funnel a few drops from each cup back in to the keg while he was at it.
$1 Costco beer is a comment for those who like to sit in traffic for :45 minutes to save a couple of bucks on beer - nothing wrong with that … the comment is specially for those who won’t go to a Sens game because of :30 min of Kanata traffic.

It has nothing to do with the cost of a beer…. Same as $25.50… Ottawa has a strong middle class many with 6 figure salaries. Imagine not buying a $25 ticket off a $100G salary becuase it’s too expensive.

That’s Ottawa Fans. That’s how you get league low attendance. I’d hate to be in charge of trying to sell tickets to fuel this markets future. That’s the challenge Dorion faces for this teams future and the story that can’t be told unless you want your face on a billboard.

Last edited:

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
$1 Costco beer is a comment for those who like to sit in traffic for :45 minutes to save a couple of bucks on beer - nothing wrong with that … the comment is specially for those who won’t go to a Sens game because of :30 min of Kanata traffic.

It has nothing to do with the cost of a beer…. Same as $25.50… Ottawa has a strong middle class many with 6 figure salaries. Imagine not buying a $25 ticket off a $100G salary becuase it’s too expensive.

That’s Ottawa Fans. That’s how you get league low attendance. I’d hate to be in charge of trying to sell tickets to fuel this markets future. That’s the challenge Dorion faces for this teams future and the story that can’t be told unless you want your face on a billboard.
Or perhaps people don't want to waste their money on a clown owner? What did Scrooge McDuck do to deserve one red cent of anyone's paycheque?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Nothing makes me want to stay away from spending on the Senators as much as your posts do.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I know. And you are fine not to believe me, but that is the truth of it and he was right and admirable to not only step down, but for his love of the organization, didn't say a damn thing publicly. Privately, people know. And it disgusts me
Sheeeeet, onwards and upwards we go from here.

It will truly be something to see how everyone goes about their jobs now that EM is completely gone.

The more tidbits come out, the more it seems that no one was safe from ‘interference’.

Thanks again for the info Collie :)

Also, page 69!!!

Reactions: coladin

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Nothing makes me want to stay away from spending on the Senators as much as your posts do.

Agreed - most prefer hiding behind excuses like traffic, cold walks or whatever @AchtzehnBaby just added to his master list of excuses.

We are a community with money and time - we just lack a passion to get us over that effort hurdle to drag our buts out.

That’s what’s fuelling our teams future ! Unless we get the Fairy God Owner we would all love.

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Agreed - most prefer hiding behind excuses like traffic, cold walks or whatever @AchtzehnBaby just added to his master list of excuses.

We are a community with money and time - we just lack a passion to get us over that effort hurdle to drag our buts out.

That’s what’s fuelling our teams future ! Unless we get the Fairy God Owner we would all love.
We don't need a fairy god owner, we just need one that doesn't hold the franchise back because of their abuse of their own staff, battling with media, and doing the many toxic things this article scratches the surface on.

Did you read it yet or still holding on to that loonie with all your might? I can understand lacking any context if not. It's a shame we'll never get the 10,000+ page report they reference could be written.

Last edited:
Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
We don't need a fairy god owner, we just need one that doesn't hold the franchise back because of their abuse of their own staff, battling with media, and doing the many toxic things this article scratches the surface on.

Did you read it yet or still holding on to that loonie with all your might? I can understand lacking any context if not.

Article is free.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Did you read it yet or still holding on to that loonie with all your might? I can understand lacking any context if not. It's a shame we'll never get the 10,000+ page report they reference could be written.

Hey … I’ll shame a “fake fan” who can’t find $25.50 and 30 minutes of traffic to watch a game but I have zero shame in skipping over Mendes in the Atheltic.

I get more than I can handle of that pro fan, fight the Org vibe here … if I miss some I can just reread the EK , Pinto, or even Hamonic trade thread.

That being said I’m in no way way defending any of Melynk’s actions. I know people who have worked there and heard some stories. I’m sure they are soft compared to the worst. He’s guilty of whatever he is guilty of.

That being said, my neighbour hasn’t attended a Game because of any of that…. And I respectfully doubt the most vocal here have either. Most “JQ Free Stream“ fans here are oblivious to anything beyond him being a cranky old owner who they think is cheap and traded away their favourite player.

Last summer all I heard was attendance will pick up as long as we sign Brady … it didn’t happen. I’ll start an attendance thread game one (prob last 2-3 games) before the anti ticket mods shut it down. Hopefully the numbers look good. I’d love to shut up about 10000 fans and gladly take a future with 16500 at games.

Last edited:

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

Well, I suppose your only solution is to cheer for another team then.:cheers:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Oh … please explain how a subscription to the athletic helps pay the Sens bills ? Or we’re you just trolling me ?

The athletic has an adversarial history with the Sens - I’m having a hard time connecting your dot.

The money they wasted on Murray or White or whoever you don’t like doesn’t help them pay more for Paul. Either way, Paul rejected the Sens offer.
The Athletic covers the Sens, a good fan would pay for the stories. Cheap fans are the death of the franchise.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Im a much better fan than your cheap ass. 3K on tickets and merch this year. How about you leave alone those who can’t afford it.

That’s my Jersey being held by a Leaf fan I brought to the 4-3 OT loss.

Attachments

• 8CE5C40D-B2C5-4284-B2F4-D70421862F0E.jpeg
    8CE5C40D-B2C5-4284-B2F4-D70421862F0E.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 10

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Im a much better fan than your cheap ass. 3K on tickets and merch this year. How about you leave alone those who can’t afford it.

Do better - I’ve never implied anyone shoud spend money on tickets who can’t afford it … I’m referencing the $100K+ Ottawa employee who complains about expensive tickets and traffic while ranting about our cheap owner who drives to Gatineau at a blink of an eye to buy beer.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
So you erected another straw man to try and take down. Good for you?

No Micker… but let’s put away first year philosophy class.

Let’s focus your efforts on buying tickets and supporting the team. We’re running out of good excuses not to and it will support our future (plus you may have a good time?) imagine having an MOD that actually supported the idea of attending and building a revenue base to allow the
Team to compete. Next thing you’ll know you may hold down section 216 and convert a bunch of org haters here to support the team.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Do better - I’ve never implied anyone shoud spend money on tickets who can’t afford it … I’m referencing the $100K+ Ottawa employee who complains about expensive tickets and traffic while ranting about our cheap owner who drives to Gatineau at a blink of an eye to buy beer.
I feel that as a fan that drooped 3K I can call you a bad fan for not stepping up.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
No Micker… but let’s put away first year philosophy class.

Let’s focus your efforts on buying tickets and supporting the team. We’re running out of good excuses not to and it will support our future (plus you may have a good time?) imagine having an MOD that actually supported the idea of attending…
all your arguments fall flat because they alway seem to rely on making crap up, and deflecting. I do support attending and go to games when I can, how many is of course not your business, nor is it relevant to why other people might chose not to. Everyone has their own reasons, you don't get to decide it's because their cheap. honestly, with the amount you talk about costco beers and $25 tickets, it seems like you're projecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad