The future of the Ottawa Senators PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
What are prices looking like for season ticket packages next year? Looking for cheap seats haha

Reactions: Maple Leaf

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Well, that's an interesting choice on how to start "Part 2" of this thread. The message was not either the last post from Part 1, nor the original post for Part # 1.

I guess some people feel the need to beat down the fans of the team, and see no need or a role for neutrality.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Well, that's an interesting choice on how to start "Part 2" of this thread. The message was not either the last post from Post 1, nor the original post for Post 1.

I guess some people feel the need to beat down the fans of the team, and see no need or a role for neutrality.
I was thinking the same thing. Absolutely done on purpose @Micklebot can you please start this off the right way? Or at the very least make it flow with the previous thread.

@coladin I was replying to your post in the previous thread.
'I'd be surprised, frankly if the Malhotras would get into the NHL business, but definitely they would be all over the rest of the project. They don't need the aggravation of NHL ownership. Bill is slowing down too, and the boys have a busy plate as it is and without Lebreton, have thousands of condos to build already...and that requires a lot of financing. I think the Greenbergs and Malhotras respect each other, but the only person I could see Malhotra reeling in would be the Singhals (Richcraft).'

This is a real estate transaction through and through. That would be the motivation of any buyer buying the sens that's where they would make their money. Claridge is buying eveything right now, I think the business is being passed to his sons and he is really looking for a legacy imprint on this city. This would be an amazing final stamp.

I hope you are right and that the Desmarais are the real money behind it and would hold a majority stake. I think the most likely scenario would be the Desmarais buying it with a builder like Malhotra/Claridge or Greenberg/Minto. You are correct there won't be a partnership with Richcraft and Claridge. However ideally it is more than one builder involved. That will result in a better end product. The dream partnership would be Desmarais (majority)/Malhotra/Greenberg them a minority stake for Alfie or Phillips to be the face of the franchise to rebuild the relationship with the fans maybe have them buy in at a small amount and deliver ghost shares based on obligations and performance.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Well, that's an interesting choice on how to start "Part 2" of this thread. The message was not either the last post from Part 1, nor the original post for Part # 1.

Yo! The way the link works is from the first on last page.

Nothing sinister.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Yo! The way the link works is from the first on last page.

Nothing sinister.
OK, thanks for the update. Was the merge of 2 separate posts (yours & Mikelbot's reply) into one post an automatic software function as well? I don't know how these mod functions work admittedly, and always thought the job was more focused on applying CoC type stuff.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
OK, thanks for the update. Was the merge of 2 separate posts (yours & Mikelbot's reply) into one post an automatic software function as well? I don't know how these mod functions work admittedly, and always thought the job was more focused on applying CoC type stuff.
Let me try

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Agreed! Exciting times ahead for all us fans.

Dare I say that we could be entering the most exciting time in Senators history. Fingers crossed for a new arena.

At the perfect time too. When our core is being established and before we need big contracts to keep them all together and not lose anyone.

The sooner we get a new owner, the better--as it will let us know of what our near future cap situation will look like.

Billy Bridges

Sep 20, 2011
Either way, I'm excited to see an ownership situation where the fans are treated as important and not an afterthought.

Not so sure about that. There aren't any other professional sports franchises that I'm aware of where the owner will go out of their way to respond to you with a compliment or insult from an anonymous twitter account.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Not so sure about that. There aren't any other professional sports franchises that I'm aware of where the owner will go out of their way to respond to you with a compliment or insult from an anonymous twitter account.
Not really looking for that, and I'm not sure why you'd assume that? I just want a sports franchise that doesn't talk down to its fanbase. I'm pretty easy to please in that way.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
When did they do that? (Besides Melnyk at the outdoor game)
It seems as though a lot of posters have made note of this along the way, in many instances, from Melnyk, numerous executive level employees like Dorion and Rutkowski, and communications through Post Media member, Bruce Garrioch.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
It seems as though a lot of posters have made note of this along the way, in many instances, from Melnyk, numerous executive level employees like Dorion and Rutkowski, and communications through Post Media member, Bruce Garrioch.

I don’t think Dorion ever talked down to the fans. What the heck did Rutkowski say?

Bruce is not the organization.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don’t think Dorion ever talked down to the fans. What the heck did Rutkowski say?

Bruce is not the organization.
It's obviously somewhat subjective and a matter of perspective, so there's not much use debating it imo. Obviously a large contingent of posters disagrees with your opinion on that and I was only serving to point that out as we read dialogue here for years about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad