OT: The Football Thread 2019-20

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I just can't understand it.
It just shows money does not take the stupid out of stupid uneducated people. Idiot gets a 5 million dollar signing bonus, but he is willing to go to jail for armed robbery over a couple of thousand dollars? There is no way to explain that level of stupid.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
And right now, you can wear a mask in public, driving, etc. and no one would think anything of it. Yet it is pretty clear these morons were identified quite easily.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005

That doesn't seem right to me. I thought Florida had a "10-20-Life" law for automatic weapons, like machine guns, when used in a felony.

I believe there might also be some proposed legislation on semi-automatic rifles and long guns, but that is still pending.

It has been reported that Baker was carrying a semi-automatic weapon, but that is rather vague.

I am not a gun expert (don't own any myself), but I believe essentially anything outside of a revolver, pump-action shotguns and such, is considered semi automatic.

Has it been disclosed what type of guns they were carrying yet?

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
That doesn't seem right to me. I thought Florida had a "10-20-Life" law for automatic weapons, like machine guns, when used in a felony.

I believe there might also be some proposed legislation on semi-automatic rifles and long guns, but that is still pending.

It has been reported that Baker was carrying a semi-automatic weapon, but that is rather vague.

I am not a gun expert (don't own any myself), but I believe essentially anything outside of a revolver, pump-action shotguns and such, is considered semi automatic.

Has it been disclosed what type of guns they were carrying yet?

Not a Giants fan and I only know what I've seen on Bleacher Report. Just crazy this kid/thug could do something so stupid. From the little that I've seen, seems like Baker was more in charge of the stupidity than the Seattle guy.

Saw another report that Baker slept through meetings last year. The G-Men don't seem to be all that concerned with character when it comes to CB's. Eli Apple was a pain in the ass too.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Not a Giants fan and I only know what I've seen on Bleacher Report. Just crazy this kid/thug could do something so stupid. From the little that I've seen, seems like Baker was more in charge of the stupidity than the Seattle guy.

Saw another report that Baker slept through meetings last year. The G-Men don't seem to be all that concerned with character when it comes to CB's. Eli Apple was a pain in the ass too.

Eli Apple was/is a mama's boy, not necessarily a character issue. Apple was so dumb he couldn't boil water to make hard-boiled eggs. If you gave him a gun, he probably would have immediately shot himself.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I am a self admitted Bills fan. Always have been since the Merv Levy days. Really looking fwd to this upcoming season. They are going to kick the Pats butts this year.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I am a self admitted Bills fan. Always have been since the Merv Levy days. Really looking fwd to this upcoming season. They are going to kick the Pats butts this year.

I hate the Pats with a passion, I lived many years in Boston dealing with their mouth breathing fans so I hope they get killed for a very long time. f*** Belicheat and his dick behavior. I hope Brady sucks ass in TB too, I now hate that team as well.

I'm a Broncos fan, kind of weird for a NY kid to like them. John Elway was a god to me when I started following football.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Eli Apple was/is a mama's boy, not necessarily a character issue. Apple was so dumb he couldn't boil water to make hard-boiled eggs. If you gave him a gun, he probably would have immediately shot himself.

The hard boiled egg reference is a good one.

For those of you who go back to the 70s there was a football quote that's still a classic.

Hollywood Henderson on the Cowboys said Terry Bradshaw was so dumb he couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted him the "c" and the "a".

Reactions: danteipp

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Unfortunately one of there better young players decided to do something really stupid. Bills finally though looks as they have turned things around although I’m not a fan of there quarterback. I do believe there will be an nfl season probably no fans though.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Unfortunately one of there better young players decided to do something really stupid. Bills finally though looks as they have turned things around although I’m not a fan of there quarterback. I do believe there will be an nfl season probably no fans though.
I would be ok with that. No fans but atleast football to follow. Strange but I think this is where we are heading with social distancing.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Wow, can't believe the Jets got 2 1st round picks for Jamal Adams. Shell out a 4th and also get a 3rd. That's an amazing haul for a safety.
Ye that is a great haul. Adams is a really good player but it’s rare one player Especially safety makes the difference in football. Deion sanders is the last player I can remember having a huge impact on a football team but that was a different era.

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Wow, can't believe the Jets got 2 1st round picks for Jamal Adams. Shell out a 4th and also get a 3rd. That's an amazing haul for a safety.

Very true, but...

The Jets essentially have charles wang as owner so doesn't matter how many picks they have.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Solves a salary cap issue moving forward, helps their talent pool issue and will make it easier on Joey D when Darnold comes off his rookie deal. The extra first and third rounders will be the "cheap" starters that Douglas will need to surround Darnold when he is expensive.

Oh and Bradley McDougald is no slouch either. He immediately fills the whole left by Adams.

Fantastic trade.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia