OT: The Football Thread 2019-20

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The new pass interference review rule is silly. Review a PI non call, review shows PI, and then the non call stands. What’s the point of the review rule? Just another way for the refs to continue screwing up the game?

Yeah, then the Giants get called for PI when there's less there than what they didn't call earlier. So many flags are thrown it really makes me wonder why I even watch. The NFL averages 9 flags against each team per game I think. For a game that averages like 10 minutes of action that is just way too much.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Damn, was hoping for a defensive struggle tonight to win the office pick em pool this week. Ravens and 41 points. Not looking good.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Not pro, but this Alabama and Auburn game today is insane. The Iron Bowl living up to the hype. 38-37 Alabama late in the 3rd. Teams traditionally known for defense, can't play defense.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Not pro, but this Alabama and Auburn game today is insane. The Iron Bowl living up to the hype. 38-37 Alabama late in the 3rd. Teams traditionally known for defense, can't play defense.

45- 40 Alabama , still trading blows. Auburn at Alabama 16 1st down

The Real JT

In Lou We Trust: Just kidding
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
The Jets are such ***holes

Woody/Christopher Johnson = Charles Wang
Mike Maccagnon (yes I know he's gone) = Garth Snow
Adam Gase = Doug Weight

What a waste of a season and in typical Jets' fashion, they'll win enough games to save Gase's job but screw up their draft position.

What can you say? SOJ (no translation required).

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Yeah, then the Giants get called for PI when there's less there than what they didn't call earlier. So many flags are thrown it really makes me wonder why I even watch. The NFL averages 9 flags against each team per game I think. For a game that averages like 10 minutes of action that is just way too much.

Yup and each review is usually a commercial break.. NFL is a joke.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Woody/Christopher Johnson = Charles Wang
Mike Maccagnon (yes I know he's gone) = Garth Snow
Adam Gase = Doug Weight

What a waste of a season and in typical Jets' fashion, they'll win enough games to save Gase's job but screw up their draft position.

What can you say? SOJ (no translation required).

Look at what Ryan friggin' Tannehill (a WR turned QB, mind you) is doing after getting away from the so-called QB whisperer named Adam Gase.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
There was some solace about the Jets losing as it knocked out a bunch of people in my suicide pool. And then Carolina goes out and loses and I'm out anyway.

So yesterday pretty much sucked.

The Real JT

Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
There was some solace about the Jets losing as it knocked out a bunch of people in my suicide pool. And then Carolina goes out and loses and I'm out anyway.

Anyone who picked the Jets to win a December road game with their talent level and head coach deserved to get bounced from the pool.

At least your Carolina pick was defensible. Washington is really bad but as the saying goes "Any given Sunday".

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Anyone who picked the Jets to win a December road game with their talent level and head coach deserved to get bounced from the pool.

At least your Carolina pick was defensible. Washington is really bad but as the saying goes "Any given Sunday".
I thought that pick was a layup. I already chalked it up as a win when they were up 14-0. Who woulda thunk the Skins roll off 29 points in a row? With that piece of shit offense.

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT

Three left in my pool. I picked Carolina. So did the other two.

the band plays on.

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island
Typical Jets. 4-7 but thought they of all teams could walk into Cincinnati and get an easy win. Worst part is they won 3 in a row before this and ruined their chance at Andrew Thomas and then on top of that we’ll be stuck with Gase for another year. Awesome.

Reactions: The Real JT

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
The fall of TB12 is more rapid than anyone thought it would be.

The Real JT

Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Typical Jets. 4-7 but thought they of all teams could walk into Cincinnati and get an easy win. Worst part is they won 3 in a row before this and ruined their chance at Andrew Thomas and then on top of that we’ll be stuck with Gase for another year. Awesome.

Another meaningless December game for Jets' fans and another unfortunate victory. To be honest, they probably would've screwed up a high draft pick anyway.

I've always been optimistic regarding Darnold yet never sold on him as the savior. Nearly 2 seasons in, the jury is still out for me.

The rebuild continues. 50 years and counting.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
When can the Jets be competitive again?I must admit I lost interest in the gridiron well over a decade ago. I was never a die-hard but enjoyed the occasional game.

Once they start addressing the offensive line. Look at 2006 - they take back to back O lineman with their 2 picks in the 1st round (#4OA and #29OA) in D'Brick and Mangold. That was your foundation of those '09 & '10 teams that went to the AFC Championship games.

What hurts the Jets was what they gave up to get Darnold without already having a halfway decent line to protect him. They lost 2 2nd rounders, that they would have used for offensive lineman, in that trade. Mikey Macc got his QB but did not prepare to get him...now Joey D has to scramble while he still has Darnold on his rookie deal.

My fix (and I don't know more than anyone else):
- Have Joey D tell Chris Johnson to kick rocks on football decisions due to his awful track record (hardest part).
- Let Joe fire Gase and hire his OWN guy.
- My preference is Matt Rhule from Baylor who was in the mix before they hired Gase. Have Gregg Williams (or Rex Ryan :naughty:) to be the DC who can run their side of the ball mostly on their own.
- Try to trade Bell for as many picks in 2020 as possible.
- Draft the highest rated O linemen (Thomas from UGA of course, would also love Biadasz from Wisco to give Sam a good young Center, etc.)
- Deep RB draft as well to fill the hole left by Bell, but at a lot cheaper and YOUNGER.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
The Patriots just got caught videotaping the Bengals/Browns game. Hahahaha.

Report: NFL Investigating If Patriots Employee Taped Bengals' Play Calls

After Spygate, this happens again. ****ing cheaters. They didn't want to be outdone by the Astros as biggest POS and morally bankrupt sports franchise. I hope the league buries these ****ers.

After spygate where the league burned the tapes to get rid of the evidence nothing serious will happen with this. I still watch football but not nearly as much as I used to. The product is just not as good anymore and it’s only going to get worse with less kids playing.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->