TV: The Flash (CW)

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Amazing episode, this is my theory on the whole reverse flash issue..

[spoil]
There is not one, but two reverse flash's. One RF is Eobard Thawne (time traveling RF), the other Hunter Zolomon. For Eobard Thawne, the man in the yellow suit, there was one officer he did not touch when he attacked star labs. Detective Thawne.. The two characters must be connected in some way. The other RF, I believe is Hunter Zolomon aka Dr. Wells. In the comics, Hunter Zolomon was paralyzed by Gorilla Grood.. (remember the Grood reference early on with Dr. Wells?) Also, Hunter Zolomon wanted to make the Flash the best hero he could be in the comics. Dr. Wells also has a similar game plan. There have been instances in the comics where there have been 2 RF and 2 Flash's in one time line. Just a theory.. [/spoil]

This is my guess as well.

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
I really like the special effects in the latest episode and the fights were well done. The show doesn't have the budget of a movie obviously, but I think its effects style doesn't require it anyways. Very effective and just overall sick. Even Firestorm was extremely well done imo.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I really like the special effects in the latest episode and the fights were well done. The show doesn't have the budget of a movie obviously, but I think its effects style doesn't require it anyways. Very effective and just overall sick. Even Firestorm was extremely well done imo.

I'm just afraid they'll run into the same problems Smallville had and spend their fx budget well before the season's end.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
spoilers regarding the end of tonight's episode and some personal speculation follow:

[spoil]So we're supposed to assume Wells is the Reverse-Flash? That's... kinda weak.

Once Cisco brought up that seems likely there were 2 speedsters in the house when Barry's mom was killed (which, now that I think of it, mirrors some of the stuff around Flash and his mom that led to the New 52 reboot from what I understand), and you see Wells with a Flash costume/signet ring, I thought we would find out that Wells is actually future Barry who's stayed back in the past to prevent R-F from screwing up the timeline anymore. And they could still then have R-F be something like future Eddie Thawne or his kid or something.

What, still doesn't make sense is that if Wells is R-F, how did he basically beat himself up? Even with everything you could credibly do with superspeed, appearing to be two different people in two places who are fully interacting with one another seems like it would be a stretch.[/spoil]

[spoil]I really didn't get the whole beating myself up part either.[/spoil]

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Why put speculations in spoiler tags?

I got the impression that the "Reverse Flash" was remote controlled.

because some of it has happened in the comics in one form or another and in case the follow one thread or plot lone of the comic--people do not want to ruin it for those who have not read the comics

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
This show one of the reasons why I cant stand most television. Theres so much potential bogged down by terrible writing and weak plot lines,

First episode was really weak, didn't even finish it

Just one example is where barry allen sees the villain then later tells the detective "it was (name), yeah I know he died in a tragic plane crash 12 years ago but I know it was him"

Painful

Last edited:

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Bumping this up after the episode today.

I can't be the only one who thought the whole scuba firestorm thing was dumb. No reason to suspect it to be an acronym. :laugh:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Bumping this up after the episode today.

I can't be the only one who thought the whole scuba firestorm thing was dumb. No reason to suspect it to be an acronym. :laugh:

Yeah... It was rather dumb... One of those cringe moment you have sometimes with this show. This and the cheesiness of Cold/Heat

Jan 3, 2012
It drove me nuts that they just let barry fight those two guys in the middle of a city street and didn't just pop a couple snipers in buildings a block away and shoot them.

Last edited:

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
I don't know, I thought the same thing but I didn't really see it as a plot hole. Just more the police were shocked that some guy with super speed did exist and was challenged to a fight. I didn't feel like it was a big thing for the show to ask considering how it stages itself.

theotis77

Jul 25, 2005
I'm about 85% sure that [spoil]Harland is one of the future Flashes, probably Bart Allen/Impulse. I'm guessing he used his speed to travel back in time and, in the process, lost his connection to the Speed Force.[/spoil]

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Oh well, then... I'm rather sure Harrison is not a future Flash. Wells uses the anti speed force (Red lighting), Barry uses the speed force (Yellow lighting.). He's most certainly a future reverse flash though. I'm betting on Eddie and Iris kid or grandkid.

Most reverse flash are time travelling users, so it would fit the narrative. Why does he do all that ? Who knows. I have no theory for this one.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
This version of The Flash is sort of a hybrid of Barry Allen and Wally West based on the story from the comics. Wally's wife from the comics was paid homage to in the first episode as the reporter.

If they do bring in Wally later on, he's going to be really young. He's Iris's nephew in the comics and since her and Barry are in their early 20s, he must be like 10-11 at oldest.

Barry Allen in the comics was a little older. He was in his early 30s when the accident happened, not his early 20s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad