TV: The Flash (CW)

TheThrill81*

Special effects look pretty good, I'll definitely give it a watch.

[spoil]I take it Eobard Thawne (Professor Zoom) will be Barry's arch-enemy and the yellow blur that killed Barry's mom[/spoil]

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'll give it a watch.

I wonder if the acting will suck like arrow?

Things I'm fearing:

- will there be "teenage drama" as in Arrow far too frequently(in the beginning)?
- will they find suitable villains for him to fight?
- previous CW show Smallville always seemed to spend their special FX budget before the season finale, often leading to very anti-climactic final fights. Trailer suggests a very heavy use of effects, will they have to cut corners by adding simple "powerless villains" too much?

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Things I'm fearing:

- previous CW show Smallville always seemed to spend their special FX budget before the season finale, often leading to very anti-climactic final fights.

I don't understand this. Are you trying to say that the Clark vs Doomsday fight wasn't epic?

:sarcasm:

kovatroll*

Pilot for this and Gothem have been on line for awhile--they need to improve this show or it will die--got a good cast though

Gotham maybe. The Flash will be on the CW, so good quality isn't a must.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
Pilot has been leaked online.
watched it last night. Gotta say, was very impressed.
A LOT of easter eggs and theyre really staying true to the mythos of Barry Allen

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'll give it a watch.

I wonder if the acting will suck like arrow?

The acting sucked in Arrow? News to me, it was never as bad as Agents of Shield, but it wasn't some award winning acting either. It did it's job, people had a problem with Green Arrow because they don't understand the character and how he started, which is what the first few seasons of Arrow is, it's now getting to the meatier part, where he's really honing his identity...

It's been one of the better comic book to tv series adaptations in a long time.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Pilot has been leaked online.
watched it last night. Gotta say, was very impressed.
A LOT of easter eggs and theyre really staying true to the mythos of Barry Allen

you were impressed?

Smallville lite for me--good actors are being wasted--writing needs to be punched up and I think they made some acting decision based upon how certain look and not how they act

McGhostbuster

Who ya gonna call?
Apr 30, 2007
Edmonton
The acting sucked in Arrow? News to me, it was never as bad as Agents of Shield, but it wasn't some award winning acting either. It did it's job, people had a problem with Green Arrow because they don't understand the character and how he started, which is what the first few seasons of Arrow is, it's now getting to the meatier part, where he's really honing his identity...

It's a bit of bad writing and bad acting for Arrow.

The acting in Arrow may seem bad because it's written to be over-dramatic and caters to the younger audience of CW.

SHIELD just has bad acting (but has gotten better).

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012

you seriously never noticed it? the lance sisters were terrible up to the point where i stopped watching.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
you were impressed?

Smallville lite for me--good actors are being wasted--writing needs to be punched up and I think they made some acting decision based upon how certain look and not how they act

Smallville lite might be an appropriate description for this show, for positive and negative. The cheesy dialogue(not in a good way all the time), the teen soap drama. About the cast, every time Jesse L. Martin was on screen, I kept expecting to hear the DUN-DUN sound, followed by date and location. His partner that died was also a detective in Person Of Interest. I did get a laugh (in a positive way) out of seeing John Wesley Shipp playing Barry Allen's dad. :laugh: Definitely in need of tuning, though Arrow had major issues in the first half of it's first season as well but sorted out most of them. The most glaring part for me was how they suddenly jumped to a scene or did something without any proper lead up. Also the Arrow cameo came up very corny and cheesy. I don't know if they have time for re-shoots but that's one scene that needs a little in my opinion.

It's a bit of bad writing and bad acting for Arrow.

The acting in Arrow may seem bad because it's written to be over-dramatic and caters to the younger audience of CW.

SHIELD just has bad acting (but has gotten better).

Arrow's bad acting is limited mainly to certain characters or actors/actresses. Katie Cassidy and Amell won't be winning any awards for acting on Arrow, that's for sure. Caity Lotz is at least good to look at and kicked ass (that chin though) but she seemed to only have one expression in the entire show.

AoS had some iffy acting in the beginning but once the characters grew into their roles and had chemistry, plus the plot developments, it doesn't even stand out anymore. Chloe Bennett isn't nearly as irritating as Katie Cassidy.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
well some online sites have the first episode out already. it was filmed way back in march. pretty good so far.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
well some online sites have the first episode out already. it was filmed way back in march. pretty good so far.

FYI

Nearly all pilots were filmed betwee November and March for presentation to the networks in early april for them to deside if they want the show or not. That is one reason why if you see changes between episode 1 and 14 it is becuase shows usually get a front 12/13 order--which shoot up to a year before air they air and the back 10 to 12 are filmed after the show gets a complete order after it has aired--it is really fun to watch when the shows have kids. A few years ago I remember one show had to change one of male kids because he look completly different by the time the show got the full order.

and that is also why you see actors get swapped out from the Pilot to other epidoes becuase after they shot the pilot they made a change in the role

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
FYI

Nearly all pilots were filmed betwee November and March for presentation to the networks in early april for them to deside if they want the show or not. That is one reason why if you see changes between episode 1 and 14 it is becuase shows usually get a front 12/13 order--which shoot up to a year before air they air and the back 10 to 12 are filmed after the show gets a complete order after it has aired--it is really fun to watch when the shows have kids. A few years ago I remember one show had to change one of male kids because he look completly different by the time the show got the full order.

and that is also why you see actors get swapped out from the Pilot to other epidoes becuase after they shot the pilot they made a change in the role

ohh isee thanks for the heads up. i remember smallville shot a pilot epiosde and the person who played jonathan kent was different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->