Friedman: The fit is not there between the Sharks and Marleau

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Won't he end up with more money this way? He was due $4.25m on the season. He got a $3m signing bonus July 1. Then he got two-thirds of the remainder in the buyout ($825K). Even at the league-minimum he comes out ahead.

Reactions: DL44

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If he opened up to other teams at the start of the summer, the Leafs may not have lost that first round pick.

Thanks for making us waste a first Marleau! You ditched the Sharks and they are returning the favor. Then you ditched the Leafs to go back and made them pay out the ass to do it.

You would still have paid a 1st to get rid of his contract.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
You would still have paid a 1st to get rid of his contract.

Not sure about that.. There were rumors LA was talking and Marleau wouldn't waive there. The first was because the Canes had to buy him out. Had it just been dead cap or had he been willing to do to a bottom feeder to mentor other kids for a year in exchange for 82 games for his streak, then the cost is likely lower.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Thanks for making us waste a first Marleau! You ditched the Sharks and they are returning the favor. Then you ditched the Leafs to go back and made them pay out the ass to do it.

Want to wish that he doesn't find a home and is forced to retire but I am not that big of a *****e.. I think. We'll see what he decides to do now.

Reality you should check in.

The leafs ditched him... Unbelievable.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Reality you should check in.

The leafs ditched him... Unbelievable.

What? No they didn't lol. Marleau asked for a trade to be with his family who moved back to SJ. He would only accept a deal to SJ. LA was in talks but he refused to waive his trade protection for them.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
What? No they didn't lol. Marleau asked for a trade to be with his family who moved back to SJ. He would only accept a deal to SJ. LA was in talks but he refused to waive his trade protection for them.

Fake news. Marleau came out and said he wanted to stay in Toronto in his exit interview.

Oilwings

Jan 23, 2006
604 Area

Want to wish that he doesn't find a home and is forced to retire but I am not that big of a *****e.. I think. We'll see what he decides to do now.

You guys wanted Marleau gone so a 1st rounder was the price to pay. You should not care what Marleau did or going to do to other teams.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Dang, sucks for him that the other Cali teams aren't really looking for win now players. Nevada is close by eh? Maybe Vegas is his best option?

TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs

Imagine being this entitled.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Dang, sucks for him that the other Cali teams aren't really looking for win now players. Nevada is close by eh? Maybe Vegas is his best option?

You’ll hear of me dancing in the streets of San Jose tonight if Marleau signs with Vegas. I’d love to see a replacement level player who will inevitably play far too many minutes and far too many games added to my team’s biggest rival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad