GDT: The Fault in Our Stars 2 - Live at 8:00PM

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
So glad to switch over to the Sharks game and see Hiller getting pulled. At least the night can end on a positive note. I'm just going to pretend that Stars game never happened.

MetalGodAOD*

Benn fights to try to set the tone and it largely is useless. But you know, tuffness.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Benn fights to try to set the tone and it largely is useless. But you know, tuffness.

Why are you trying to have this argument again when he didn't even fight ? Literally the most pointless argument that we have on this board anyway and it's completely irrelevant to this game

MetalGodAOD*

Why are you trying to have this argument again when he didn't even fight ? Literally the most pointless argument that we have on this board anyway and it's completely irrelevant to this game

Because people said Roussel should be captain because he fought? :dunno: My point was Benn fights too and we still lose, not that fighting is useless.

Edit: NVM he was joking, carry on.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
His stupid pass is what set up the fifth goal against.

Not getting the game tonight down in Corpus but Roussel definately deserves an A on his shirt. Everyone makes mistakes but his effort and passion for this team on a nightly basis are what Captains are made of. Give him the A for now and if he continues to improve and puts in his time, sometime in the future maybe that turns into a C.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I don't think you can blame Nill all that much.

His worst move was signing Lindback, and no matter how bad you thought Lindback was coming in, you'd still be shocked by his save percentage and overall play. Nobody could have predicted Hemsky's lack of production. And I think he knew the defense was a gamble: just that Daley, Benn, Dillon, and to a lesser extent, Goligoski wouldn't regress so incredibly hard.

It's been a perfect storm of incompetence:
-regression of core defenseman.
-putrid goaltending that combined, is something like a .875 save percentage
-lack of secondary scoring again: Nuke is out, and Hemsky is being outproduced by Patrick Eaves despite Eaves playing 5 less games
-Curt Fraser
-Ruff's line blender and defensive pairings. Hemsky buried with Fiddler, Spezza getting too much time with Seguin and Benn, Eaking playing the franchise center role, 4th line grinders getting too much time in the top 6 (our most talented bottom six guys are the ones that never got broken up for whatever reason).
-Nichushkin's absence. Not a greater factor than the others, but still a loss all the same. He was an established part of our top 6, and had he been healthy, you might have seen Hemsky with Benn and Seguin sooner. At worst, Nuke is finishing chances Eaves has not been able to.
-Curt Fraser
-James Patrick: for all the hate thrown Fraser's way, Patrick has been just as bad if not more so. After a certain point, bad play becomes habit, which means they're being coached to play a way that by now is clearly beyond them. You just can't expect a bunch of defenseman this young to play such a run and gun style.
-speaking of which, I think that has been the biggest problem. This Dallas team got into the playoffs last year with an aggressive system. It seems pretty clear that teams have scouted Dallas better, and the young blueline has predictably adapted slower than the opponents' scouting.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
That was putrid.

Jordie Benn is not the answer to any question about how to help this team win.

23 shots isn't going to cut it. Neither is giving up 45.

Lindback wasn't at fault but he needs to be waived tomorrow.

Cole is absolutely awful with the puck on his stick. Away from the puck, he'll take the body but holy god he's terribad with his decision making with the puck.

Hemsky plays well the previous game and gets stuck with Fids?

That was some of the most listless hockey I've seen Dallas play in years. They mailed it in and it showed.

At least Colorado picked up two points in regulation. The tank is back on.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
****ing fire Lindy Ruff and his friends, bring in somebody who will hold these players accountable.

Only showing up to play every other night is not acceptable when you are being paid millions of dollars a year in salary.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
****ing fire Lindy Ruff and his friends, bring in somebody who will hold these players accountable.

Only showing up to play every other night is not acceptable when you are being paid millions of dollars a year in salary.

I agree with firing his assistants. But who will replace Ruff?

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
I agree with firing his assistants. But who will replace Ruff?

I don't believe for one second that Ruff is not part of the problem. If his assistants are incompetent (as it appears for all the world that they are) he should take the action to remove them from their responsibilities and address the issue. There been 0 improvement in any of the critical areas this team struggles in from day 1 they took over.

I don't care who they bring in, just get rid of the current people who are not working out. By definition anyone who is not currently employed by the Stars can not be part of the numerous problems the team faces, and therefore is potentially an improvement over our current situation.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
You build from the net out. I hope they don't expect to win on nights we put Andersieve Lindsuck between the pipes

This is pretty much where I'm at. I don't take much out of his games as far as the skaters are concerned and I have zero optimism in a win.

Ruff isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Roussel needing a letter on his jersey is pretty amusing as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad