Post-Game Talk: The fans always believed we could do it, FLA comes back to beat COL 4-3 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Ha. The reffing for the last two games have been HORRIBLE against us.

As I mentioned to the friendly Avs fan who just popped in, I thought the game was poorly officiated overall. The refs let some egregious stuff slide, while also calling a couple of ticky tack things. Some of the icings that were called (and waved off) were also head scratchers. There was no consistency to any of it. It was just a poorly officiated game. All I ask is consistency in the calls.

Fans of both teams had valid complaints about the officials in that match. Rather than complaining about bias, I am going to complain about incompetence.

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
I've been thinking this as well about the powerplay. He is getting way too many touches while Barkov and Huberdeau stand around. Yandle needs to kick it Huberdeau's way on the other side but often times it's just Yandle and Hoffman playing catch.

Yeah, it's like Pirri all over again. Hoffman is a great weapon on the PP, one of the best shots around. But constantly going to him means opposing teams figure it out eventually and they have this season. Can't understand why they can't change it up, they got Yandle on the point and Dadonov on that line as well, heck even Huberdeau can snipe it! Take some shots, change it up. The other teams can't just cover Hoffman if they don't know what will happen, which will lead to more space for Hoffman and his one timer. As it is now, they know the puck goes there all the time and will keep having that extra step towards him to shut him down.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I think not having Boyle on the PP is a wasted opportunity. He should be on the top unit sitting in front of the net as our guys move the puck around. Someone will be forced to cover him and he's a big boy that can handle anyone in the NHL so nobody will move him. He's decent enough offensively to bury rebounds if required as well.

Hoffman has been a total dud this season. He kills offensive plays so often, whether its a stupid drop pass off the boards, to a poorly timed dump in. His powerplay decision making is also poor at times but his shot is very lethal and cannot be ignored.

He and Tro suffer from the same symptoms, they just kill plays and rushes. Trocheck is an incredible 3rd line center but as a second line center, if he's not scoring on all those rushes that he shoots into the goalie's chest, he's not that effective really on the offensive side.

They're two really particular types of players that can be hard to find guys to gel with. I would consider putting Boyle on the wing with Malgin and Hoffman, and then running Vatrano-Tro-Conn as a line to see how they do. I think Hoff and Malgin could play well together but they need a big body to play down low because Hoff is useless in board battles and Malgin's size limits him in some ways (although he is better than Hoffman in that aspect).

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Avs fans complaining about the officiating in that game? Hey, join the club. I feel like somebody out there has to have a clip of Acciari getting flagrantly boarded behind the net with no call.
That happened right in front of my wife and I. It was also pretty bad when they called an icing when Boyle was clearly ahead of the defender. Even Avs Fans were left scratching their heads. That was probably the fastest Boyle has ever gone on ice and it was wasted.

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
That happened right in front of my wife and I. It was also pretty bad when they called an icing when Boyle was clearly ahead of the defender. Even Avs Fans were left scratching their heads. That was probably the fastest Boyle has ever gone on ice and it was wasted.

Yeah, I commented on that in the thread:

That was a horse**** icing, in my opinion. Boyle was even with him.

It's the same problem the NFL has right now: nobody has any confidence in the officiating and the officials do nothing to try to restore it. After the NBA fixing scandal a few years ago, officials in all sports have been under increased scrutiny, but for some reason only the CFL (yes, the CFL!) has made any attempt to bring transparency and accountability to the game.

Reactions: Rahooji

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
First goal against was tough luck. The point shot hit Strals in the right thigh, then his left leg. The guy he was supposed to be covering scored. I understand how if a point shot hits you in the inner thigh it's going to get your attention. Tough try by Bob, but you got to be better there. Scve was also covering the guy earlier and let him go to the net. Got to finish your cover off.

That saved by Bob with 11:40 left in the first was probably a save that wasn't being made last year. He covered so much net there and got his glove on the puck. Yands cover just blew by him and took the puck to the net. Awful defense there.
Great tip on the goal by Scve in the first. Nice high tip skating towards the point shot. Weegs over to Ek, and takes a nice tippable shot.

I just remembered it was this goalie who put on a show in FLA. Had an insane game against us a couple weeks ago. At it again tonight I see.

Another tough goal by them before the end of the first. Point shot hits their player who goes wide on Bob, he didn't have a chance. Ek has to be tougher on his guy in front of the net though. If anyone, I would put that goal on him.

Wow is Bob weathering the storm for the team right now. Almost halfway through the second and the Colorado announcer just said shots in the second are 15 - 1 Avalanche. If we get any points in this game you can thank Bob he is our goalie.

Just over halfway through the second one of their players went wide on Strals. Stillman came over and absolutely drilled him. I would say at the eight-minute mark of the second, he has been our best defenseman this game so far.

At the start of the third the announcers for Colorado said that Florida got the last nine shots of the second. Picking it up, only down one for this last period. Very doable.

Another tough luck goal by the Avalanche. McKinnon's point shot hits Strals and basically is deflected in the net. Again, not really any chance for Bob on that one.

About halfway through the third another Breakaway save by Bob. Chalk that one up to another save not made last year. So far, 2 tonight.
Grey PPG on Florida second goal. Hoff to Yands, who puts a quick shot on net, I guess Barky tipped it in front. Either way great screen. To me it look like it hit the Avalanche Defender and in. Hopefully Barky gets credit, total monkey off your back goal there.

Huby ties it with the laser wrister through four people. Their goalie never even saw it!

Notice that Barky is taking faceoffs again. Great to see! Hopefully it was going on all game long.

Barky takes a hit to make the play to Huby and he makes a nice move to win it and OT! What a stick with a play by our captain. Great overall game. Two great games against the Avalanche this year, who looked like a really good team.

Five out of a possible eight points on the road trip. Successful I would say.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I only want to say my 5 cent to yesterdays Game. I liked how we win, i liked how Coach Q, benched Ekblad. This brings me to my 5 Cent.
Ekblad played horrible yesterday, that was far away from been a responsible 1st Line Player, far away from good.
His play alone leaded to 2 Goals against us yesterday. And his skating, he pumped little into Bobrovski and started stumple direct after it.

Is their really something in bad play have Consequences under Coach Q. I would take him into a 4 Eyes meeting or take him away from the 1st Line DPairing.
This would show the Team, bad plays really have consequences.

I loved how we get back. I liked Weegar was going after Kadri. Sorry Player of this Season current is Weegar, really has grown into a Top4 Position.

And one thing more, no matter what and no matter how much hate will face me. Jayce is no NHL Caliber, is off the Puck Game horrible, a wide open net is not enough for Jayce. I was not a big Fan of him, but lately their are player like Hunt and new signings that show me more then only speed and effort.
I mean Reider was been placed on the Waivers i heard about the Type of Game Jayce play here.

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Do you remember that Simpsons baseball episode where Ozzie Smith falls through the mystery spot and out of the dimension? I'm pretty sure that hit took Hawk there as well.
giphy.gif

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I only want to say my 5 cent to yesterdays Game. I liked how we win, i liked how Coach Q, benched Ekblad. This brings me to my 5 Cent.
Ekblad played horrible yesterday, that was far away from been a responsible 1st Line Player, far away from good.
His play alone leaded to 2 Goals against us yesterday. And his skating, he pumped little into Bobrovski and started stumple direct after it.

Is their really something in bad play have Consequences under Coach Q. I would take him into a 4 Eyes meeting or take him away from the 1st Line DPairing.
This would show the Team, bad plays really have consequences.

I loved how we get back. I liked Weegar was going after Kadri. Sorry Player of this Season current is Weegar, really has grown into a Top4 Position.

And one thing more, no matter what and no matter how much hate will face me. Jayce is no NHL Caliber, is off the Puck Game horrible, a wide open net is not enough for Jayce. I was not a big Fan of him, but lately their are player like Hunt and new signings that show me more then only speed and effort.
I mean Reider was been placed on the Waivers i heard about the Type of Game Jayce play here.
This is what I saw as well. Ekblad looked like he was coasting out there. His lazy little backhand outlet pass lead to the second Avs goal. He needs to be better than that.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Hoffman has been a total dud this season.

Holy hyperbole, Batman!

The guy is still on pace to score 37 goals/63 pts this season even tho the last few games, especially on the PP has been landslide victories to his stats line.

You can see how the other teams' coaches have put special emphasis on how they treat Hoff on the PP. The front man on the opposing team leaning too much on Hoff that the left side gets to shoot without any obstruction. just look at Hubs goal to even the score: two, three unobstructed shots in row due to opposing point man put into shadow duty to guard against Hoff.

Reactions: KW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad