Post-Game Talk: The fans always believed we could do it, FLA comes back to beat COL 4-3 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Tro is on the hotseat for me as well. I haven't seen anything from him this season so far. Our center depth isnt great so he is probably safer but he needs to step way up 5 on 5.

He played pretty darn well in that Nashville game after Barkov went down and then scored the SO winner. I don't get the flack on Trocheck...Despite his debatable shortcomings at 5v5, he's still underpaid for what he brings.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
I almost think he hurts our PP at times as well because we're so focused on feeding him for the one-timer. Plus, everyone knows it's coming. If we could trade him for a top 4 D, I would definitely consider it. I just don't think Hoffman is a fit here long-term. If we're in a playoff spot, I would just keep him as an internal rental, though. He may end up walking as a UFA, but if we make the playoffs, who cares.

I've been thinking this as well about the powerplay. He is getting way too many touches while Barkov and Huberdeau stand around. Yandle needs to kick it Huberdeau's way on the other side but often times it's just Yandle and Hoffman playing catch.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I've been thinking this as well about the powerplay. He is getting way too many touches while Barkov and Huberdeau stand around. Yandle needs to kick it Huberdeau's way on the other side but often times it's just Yandle and Hoffman playing catch.

I agree...if we stop forcing it to Hoffman's side, it'll open up more options. Huberdeau's goal on the PP last night is a good example...he had lots of time to place that shot. We had an extra guy on the ice, but still.

Edit: nevermind, that wasn’t a PP. point still stand though, they need to diversify a bit.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Tro is on the hotseat for me as well. I haven't seen anything from him this season so far. Our center depth isnt great so he is probably safer but he needs to step way up 5 on 5.

Even if Tro isn't scoring, he has an insane compete level and isn't getting paid more than a third liner at this point. I don't see any comparable to Hoffman who skates in circles.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
So, if I may, how do you like me now???

Since joining the Cats fanbase, the Cats have added the best 4th line grinder (tho he plays there not), had the most points for the franchise since 1990s, AND if you had not noticed, are promptly holding Tampa to OUT OF THE WC spot by holding onto 3rd place

#GoCatsGo #TeamBoyle #IAmGoodLuck :naughty:

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
He played pretty darn well in that Nashville game after Barkov went down and then scored the SO winner. I don't get the flack on Trocheck...Despite his debatable shortcomings at 5v5, he's still underpaid for what he brings.

It feels like he has regressed rather than progressed over the past 2 years. Prior to his injury he was threat every time he was on the ice. I would like to see that again.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
If Tro is back Saturday maybe try this:

Huberdeau-Barkov-Dadonov
Hoffman-Trocheck-Malgin
Vatrano-Boyle-Connolly
Hunt-Acciari-Scevior

I notice that nobody wants to break up the 4th line right now. :laugh:

Dryden Hunt lowkey MVP in last night's game for causing Zadorov to melt down and put air in some flat tires on the bench.

Reactions: TimHortons

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
It feels like he has regressed rather than progressed over the past 2 years. Prior to his injury he was threat every time he was on the ice. I would like to see that again.

The problem is Trocheck is a very one dimensional player who more closely resembles a north-south winger when he's supposed to be a center. You need creativity on offense from guys playing in the middle and that's not what we get from Vinny, he usually just skates into the zone for a logo shot or turns it over after trying to dangle through entire teams by himself. I think the team needs to find another option at 2C if it wants a deep playoff run.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
Avs fans complaining about the officiating in that game? Hey, join the club. I feel like somebody out there has to have a clip of Acciari getting flagrantly boarded behind the net with no call.

goCatsgo4

Jul 5, 2015
Florida
Also do we have the best fourth line in hockey? Early but best in Panthers history? They do nothing but get pressure in the o zone everytime they're on the ice.
And a lot of the time they're playing against the other teams top line.... and still holding pressure in the o zone. They've been fantastic.

Reactions: Kellyr

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Avs fans complaining about the officiating in that game? Hey, join the club. I feel like somebody out there has to have a clip of Acciari getting flagrantly boarded behind the net with no call.

Was it poorly officiated game? Yes. But at least a couple of games like that are to be expected every season so I don't make a big deal out of it. The Panthers continued to play on and drew a stupid penalty from Zadorov. Your team was excellent. It happens. That's hockey. That's life. Move on.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
Was it poorly officiated game? Yes.

Yeah, exactly, and it cuts both ways. I had plenty of complaints about the officiating last night, but I couldn't have blamed the officials if the Panthers had lost the game. At least they corrected the 'icing' call when Colton Sceviour was literally the only skater in the picture frame. :laugh:

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
The problem is Trocheck is a very one dimensional player who more closely resembles a north-south winger when he's supposed to be a center. You need creativity on offense from guys playing in the middle and that's not what we get from Vinny, he usually just skates into the zone for a logo shot or turns it over after trying to dangle through entire teams by himself. I think the team needs to find another option at 2C if it wants a deep playoff run.

scandalous opinion!

and i agree.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I notice that nobody wants to break up the 4th line right now. :laugh:

Dryden Hunt lowkey MVP in last night's game for causing Zadorov to melt down and put air in some flat tires on the bench.

that was key but i also loved weegar pummeling kadri. felt like a little payback for the abuse barkov (and others) got last game.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017

Oh wow, "The Big O" is still around? I thought that after he got canned by WQAM, he went and died in a ditch somewhere. The guy looks like Baron Harkonnen and is about as endearing. Probably the worst blight I have ever heard on the AM radio dial in my entire life.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
stat of the night....

4 (FOUR) giveaways. the past few games giveaways have been down significantly. 11-12 i think in edmonton, only 5 in vancouver, which wasn't a typical slopfest loss.

i wonder if it has anything to do with a certain defenseman's heath? :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad