The exact moment a career came to an end

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
or precisely name an incident, hit, fight etc where that was the turning point in the players career or they never played again after that moment

I’ve heard some say this about Mike Richards in the playoffs getting hit or Komisarek fighting Lucic

Another one was a player that hit Gretzky back in the day badly and he never played another game again.

Let’s hear them
Suter played way too many games after this (moment #2)

In fact he played enough to do this

Reactions: phillyb and Wrath

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Joni Pitkanen. He was only 29 when this happened, 40pt d-man, he might still be playing in the NHL if not for this incident.

It's a shame it usually takes an injury for people to realize things should change, whether we are talking about sport or life in general...

Reactions: Duke749

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
2012_nhl_draft_nail_yakupov_edm.jpg

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
Pat Peake shattering his ankle beating JJ Daigneault to beat out icing in the 96(?) playoffs.

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
Joni Pitkanen. He was only 29 when this happened, 40pt d-man, he might still be playing in the NHL if not for this incident.

Thought of this immediately when saw the thread title. Can't watch the video anymore, even though usually I'm pretty okay with that kind of stuff; doesn't really matter though, because I still remember the situation vividly.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
A couple I thought of that aren't injury related.

1) Scott being voted as an all star.
2) sieloff hitting McArthur in practise (for both men)
3) Dennis Wideman couldn't get signed after that hit.
4) Hollet trying to start a players association
5) Sangster punching Burke during a meeting and getting blackballed by the league
6) Carter Ashton popping hot ended his NHL career

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad