HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The Erik Gudbranson era is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
It’s not an act and I don’t care what it looks like.
Yeah? What about him? He’s not very suited for today’s game but he’s no coward in my eyes.

If you didnt care, you wouldnt feel it important to tell you are "old school" or to let us know how "you dont care."

Dont worry we all do. Humans are social animals.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
It really isn’t.
are you supporting the claim that he's a coward then?

Context or you guys are both pathetic. And i would be glad to offer an apology if you could put a decent argument together other than he didnt attack so and so which would garner a massive suspension and fine.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
are you supporting the claim that he's a coward then?

Context or you guys are both pathetic. And i would be glad to offer an apology if you could put a decent argument together other than he didnt attack so and so which would garner a massive suspension and fine.

Im feeling a bit confrontational today so I'll play the other side of this argument.

He cares about him self and his money far more than his team and team mates. The only valuable thing he can bring to the team is his physicality and he puts the onus on his team mates having to ASK HIM to do his job.

I think 4 mil per year for a 7th Dman should cover for few grand in a fine and some games he is suspended. Bieksa said in a recent interview that when you get 200 grand every couple of weeks do you think a player cares if 10 grand is missing once?

Reactions: Canadian Club

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Coward isn't the right word.

Matheson was a coward.

Gud is... on his own team and has been on his own team from day 1.

It's his choice to be this way like it's our choice as fans to crap on him for being this way.

Gud feels zero ownership to the Vancouver Canucks and neither does Eriksson or Sutter and whomever hired them, knew this and was fine with it.

He stepped up when he should have. He put in an honest days work last night. Fine.

I'm not holding my breath this is sustainable but we'll see.

Reactions: MS

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Im feeling a bit confrontational today so I'll play the other side of this argument.

He cares about him self and his money far more than his team and team mates. The only valuable thing he can bring to the team is his physicality and he puts the onus on his team mates having to ASK HIM to do his job.

I think 4 mil per year for a 7th Dman should cover for few grand in a fine and some games he is suspended. Bieksa said in a recent interview that when you get 200 grand every couple of weeks do you think a player cares if 10 grand is missing once?
this is garbage and you know it? but i guess if you want to argue it im not gonna convince you that its not something a NHL player that cares about his reputation should be doing.

Every f***ing player should care about his self first and foremost, without any form of preservation they are not gonna have a life after hockey and absolutely Gudbranson should not have to attck Matheson or some middleweight non fighting punk to protect the honor of our stars. 100% they are gonna turtle and he's gonna get suspended fined and called out by others for being a joke tough guy beating up defenseless smaller player.....make sense?

In the moment players can attck guys and thats where it ends. If they dont want to fight Gudbranson after that its basically a Bertuzzi Steve Moore incident all over again...think about it.

People calling him a coward for not doing this are idiots

Reactions: Jimbo57

Jimbo57

Jan 28, 2018
this is garbage and you know it? but i guess if you want to argue it im not gonna convince you that its not something a NHL player that cares about his reputation should be doing.

Every ****ing player should care about his self first and foremost, without any form of preservation they are not gonna have a life after hockey and absolutely Gudbranson should not have to attck Matheson or some middleweight non fighting punk to protect the honor of our stars. 100% they are gonna turtle and he's gonna get suspended fined and called out by others for being a joke tough guy beating up defenseless smaller player.....make sense?

In the moment players can attck guys and thats where it ends. If they dont want to fight Gudbranson after that its basically a Bertuzzi Steve Moore incident all over again...think about it.

People calling him a coward for not doing this are idiots

that was an old school verbal beatdown.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
I don't want to think about how much Guddy made as a canuck before he stepped up for a teammate.

He stepped up for Stetcher and scrapped Matt Martin pretty early on in his first season in Vancouver so actually not that much

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Straight Old School stats incoming:

135 games 5 goals 14 assists Minus - 42

This is his Canuck career.

160 defensman have played 135 games in this time period, Gudbranson ranks 157th in points. Only defensman worse are as follows: Luke Schenn (AHL), McQuaid, and Borowiecki.

He ranks 152nd of 160 in plus/minus over that time, and the 8 guys behind him have played at least 50 more games and all of them at least double his point total.

People still talking about him like he's not absolutely horrible are not "old school", they're being intentionally obtuse.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Uh oh, here comes somebody providing data for all to see that this player is bad, and if he was UFA next year, he'd be like Luke Schenn....signed to a ~$1m contract and likely plying his trade in the AHL.

I only used normal counting old school stats, I could make an even better case for why he's terrible, but I know people would scoff at those, if they scoff at the rudimentary stats I've provided.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Wow. Just wow. Measuring what happens on the ice is bad.

You're going to have nobody reading your posts very soon timberman, you're not even willing to discuss the sport.

Imagine saying that stats are stupid things.
How far down into the rabbit hole do you have to sink to come to such a conclusion. You can't even have an argument with someone who rejects all data in favor for intangible data. It's like arguing with Anti-Vaxers or Flat-Earthers, they reject empirical data on the bases that they reach a conclusion they do not "believe in". Like somehow the conclusions people come to are all subjective rather than objective.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Guddy has played like **** for some time but he is tough as hell. I don't know where this "selfish, fake tough guy" narrative comes from. He is not a going, he doesn't fight every game. That was never his game. Just because he gets into it with guys on the ice doesn't mean he has to fight every game.
Why does he talk so much shit then? He’s not “tough as hell”, that’s delusional.

Reactions: Canadian Club

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Does that moog guy expect people to take him seriously with the stupid ass avatar mocking the Sedins? Dear lord.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Guddy has played like **** for some time but he is tough as hell. I don't know where this "selfish, fake tough guy" narrative comes from. He is not a going, he doesn't fight every game. That was never his game. Just because he gets into it with guys on the ice doesn't mean he has to fight every game.
I just find he picks his spots too much, and last year when he called out the team after Boeser got hurt it pissed a lot of people off. Then we have the Matheson incident and other such instances.

He's a strong guy though and can handle himself against most of the leagues tougher guys. I think the "fake tough" thing is more about the tag that he's this physical beast who makes the game hard for the opposition due to his physicality. He isn't that kind of tough stay at home player at all. Smaller guys regularly win board battles against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad