The English Lower League thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Good to see Charlton back up in the 2nd tier; sadly that joy is tempered by the fact Lee Bowyer is the Addicks manager.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Well, now lovely Stewart Donald and his equally lovely minion will be able to show the world the full extent of their bottomless and totally sincere devotion to sunderland football club.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't know if it has been mentioned bu Leyton Orient is coming back into the Football League after their troubles financially and ensuing relegations

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Villa score right before the halftime whistle, header by El Ghazi.

Hopefully that will open the game up a bit, not much between the two sides before that, only one shot on target between the two teams. Lots of hard work and commitment as expected but no end product.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
2:0 Villa, weird goal, a shot from long range is deflected and looped into the six yard box but the Derby keeper wasn't strong off his line and headed in by McGinn. However in any country but England that play would have been called a foul on the keeper as the Derby keeper did have contact with the ball :D

Probably deserved, don't think Derby have even gotten 30 yards from the Villa goal this 2nd half

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Derby cut the lead with 10 minutes to go, Villa were all over the place and have simply stopped playing, momentum all on Derby's side now

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Villa promoted to the Premier League

Game was a dud for about 70 minutes and it looked like Villa would cruise to the finish but they parked the bus and Derby gained momentum, they pushed and pushed but weren't able to get the equalizer

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
UTV!

Villa back where they belong.

Especially sweeter by being the ones that knocked Leeds out.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Prince Wlliam shown celebrating promotion alongsode John Carew, David Cameron as well. Didier Drogba was also amongst the crowd, didn't see if he celebrated, though (probably not). All things considered, Villa might be actually be best off amongst the promoted clubs.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I am so f***ing stoked for Villa. They're back in the top flight where they have always belonged for 100 years now. Their absence from the EPL reminds me of that Arby's catchphrase of "A sandwich without meat isn't." And the EPL just isn't the EPL without the Lions. The only bigger mind f*** would be if we lost a team like Everton.

Dean Smith is a gem. Do not let that man go.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
UTV!

Villa back where they belong.

Especially sweeter by being the ones that knocked Leeds out.

Leeds gonna Leeds. I've always felt bad for them because of how much things fell apart after such a good run of success. Sadly their crushing loss to Derby was/is right up their alley. The only more deserving fates more par for the course is how United and Liverpool's supremacy of the EPL and Europe come at the expense of one another as it always has been. It is no coincidence that Liverpool may be Champions of Europe Saturday while United are looking for answers and yet even 20 years ago United were kings of the world while Liverpool were looking for answers. Go back to 50 years Shankly passes by Manchester in a flash. Go back further and Liverpool are in Division 2 while the Busby Babes are the greatest team on the pitch.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
I am so ****ing stoked for Villa. They're back in the top flight where they have always belonged for 100 years now.

Villa is one of the ten biggest clubs in the country, but they've been relegated six times in their history, one of which took them from the second tier into the third (and their return to the second tier took two seasons).

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Prince Wlliam shown celebrating promotion alongsode John Carew, David Cameron as well. Didier Drogba was also amongst the crowd, didn't see if he celebrated, though (probably not). All things considered, Villa might be actually be best off amongst the promoted clubs.

Did Cameron break into a chorus of 'I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles'?

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

I wonder if Drogba got happy drunk with Terry or sad drunk with Lampard afterwards

Reactions: gary69

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Villa is one of the ten biggest clubs in the country, but they've been relegated six times in their history, one of which took them from the second tier into the third (and their return to the second tier took two seasons).

When you look at the whole history, yeah they've been up and down. Just about every club has been but they've got about 130 seasons and probably 25 years at best have been spent out of the top flight. They have won little compared to wealthier rivals but their duration is at least comparable

Reactions: Stray Wasp

The Lemonheads

Peanut Gallery
Feb 2, 2010
Toronto
What the hell happened to County? I know they dropped out but...

Bolton are f*cked. Will they even have any senior players to field? Last I heard they were looking for employment elsewhere. It's been going on way too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad