The English Lower League thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Alas, I think there probably was a memo - from the marketing departments of these clubs, hoping that the sooner their teams wore the change colours in games, the greater the likelihood of children whose parents hadn't already bought them the kit squealing to have it.
Good point...although on the basis of this weekend it would seem to be a regrettable purchase. I did not see every kit mind you.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Away kits are rarely good.

I share your annoyance in teams using them unnecessarily. It's all the worse when the club in question has home colours for which they are famous - which is the case for both Leeds and West Brom.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Stoke looked meh despite having a lot of the ball today. Leko looked for Charlton; I keep thinking this guys is going to break out one of these years, still only 20 so he has time.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Bit late but I'll go for West Brom, Fulham and Leeds to get promoted. Forest, Derby and Brentford in the playoffs.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Fulham and West Brom automatic promotion

Playoffs (in no order): Leeds, Derby, Cardiff, Sheffield Wednesday

The Lemonheads

Peanut Gallery
Feb 2, 2010
Toronto
Stoke looked meh despite having a lot of the ball today.

Meh is quite an improvement. Thanks!

At this rate, by December, we'll be FG Rovers.

Can't deny, I'm glad MK Dons won.

The outrage they get is as if they murdered puppies countrywide.

I do understand it's different across the pond but it's getting old.

Last edited:
Reactions: IceColdOx

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Jan Siewert already out at Huddersfield. Including the Premier League he had 1 win in 19 matches

According to the Telegraph he was supposed to be sacked after their loss to Lincoln in the league cup but because of the quick turnaround for the Fulham game he remained in charge but essentially knew he was getting sacked if they lost. Also seems like the players tuned him out

Interim manager will be Mark Hudson

Last edited:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Jan Siewert already out at Huddersfield. Including the Premier League he had 1 win in 19 matches

According to the Telegraph he was supposed to be sacked after their loss to Lincoln in the league cup but because of the quick turnaround for the Fulham game he remained in charge but essentially knew he was getting sacked if they lost. Also seems like the players tuned him out

Interim manager will be Mark Hudson
Team is a complete mess.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Bolton have postponed their match today so face further points reduction (started the season at -12) as it wasn't approved by the EFL and Doncaster, in fact Doncaster only learned the game was cancelled on twitter. Also in the same league, Bury hasn't played a single match yet.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Bolton have postponed their match today so face further points reduction (started the season at -12) as it wasn't approved by the EFL and Doncaster, in fact Doncaster only learned the game was cancelled on twitter. Also in the same league, Bury hasn't played a single match yet.

I wonder how they will manage come the point when they start playing. I feel for fans of the team.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Bolton have played before today but I guess they are using junior players? That was there excuse for cancelling the game: the health of their players playing 3 games in a week. How old are the players they are using?

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Managed to find their team from Saturday, a lot of 16-17 year olds on the bench with mostly 18-19 year old starting sprinkled with some experienced players

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Them and Bury are in dire. I do hope they manage to find their way. I love my Prem, but I've fallen in love with lower league football.

Would be nice for them to find their way for the stories but will be a huge blow for whom ever goes down in their place.

The Lower Leagues are so exciting, and there is so much on the line in each week/season for every club. In a weird way I miss Brighton being down just cause I followed it more....

Hmm miss may be the wrong word, the prem is pretty nice;)

Reactions: IceColdOx

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Managed to find their team from Saturday, a lot of 16-17 year olds on the bench with mostly 18-19 year old starting sprinkled with some experienced players

This is such a shame...Bolton may not have been a fancied club but they had some really good players put the shirt on and had a long run in the Premier league. I don't know what will become of the Bolton's and Bury's. Maybe others yet...

No games on DAZN today which was too bad. Champions league took priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->