Player Discussion: The Elvis Thread

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL

"I told her, I don't want a simple name like John or David." Breaking: Elvis hates John Davidson. :sarcasm:

Might be over thinking here, but the embrace of the psychologist is really interesting to me compared to Bob's pushback. Obviously, Bob's was simply in regards to hockey, not a death, but still, interesting to me.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
"I told her, I don't want a simple name like John or David." Breaking: Elvis hates John Davidson. :sarcasm:

Might be over thinking here, but the embrace of the psychologist is really interesting to me compared to Bob's pushback. Obviously, Bob's was simply in regards to hockey, not a death, but still, interesting to me.

Elvis was asked in private if he wanted to seek help to deal with trauma he went through. Bob was publicly told in a press conference with our GM that he should seek mental help for his playoff struggles. I wouldn’t equate the situations.

Reactions: majormajor

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Elvis was asked in private if he wanted to seek help to deal with trauma he went through. Bob was publicly told in a press conference with our GM that he should seek mental help for his playoff struggles. I wouldn’t equate the situations.

I'm not sure that's quite accurate, because a. I don't think that's the first time Bob had heard a sports psychologist suggested and b. I don't remember it being suggested so bluntly publicly. It was more like "some of the greatest athletes in the world need help with their mental game to get over the hump."

And he had a psychologist supposedly anyway.

Elvis' openness in talking about it is a good sign imo

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I was very impressed with Elvis' interview. He was open and honest. His stats to date seem to indicate he is G-1 for the future.

Reactions: Monk

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm not sure that's quite accurate, because a. I don't think that's the first time Bob had heard a sports psychologist suggested and b. I don't remember it being suggested so bluntly publicly. It was more like "some of the greatest athletes in the world need help with their mental game to get over the hump."

And he had a psychologist supposedly anyway.

Elvis' openness in talking about it is a good sign imo

There’s a difference between jarmos messaging with Elvis

“we have help available for anyone who wants it”

rather than what he said for Bob

“some of the best athletes in the world have sports psychologists. I think it would benefit him to see one.”

(these quotes are not verbatim.)

And I agree there is nothing wrong with being open about it. But I do understand why Bob would take offense to it. Some people are not that open, and that’s okay too.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
There’s a difference between jarmos messaging with Elvis

“we have help available for anyone who wants it”

rather than what he said for Bob

“some of the best athletes in the world have sports psychologists. I think it would benefit him to see one.”

(these quotes are not verbatim.)

And I agree there is nothing wrong with being open about it. But I do understand why Bob would take offense to it. Some people are not that open, and that’s okay too.

I'm just saying there's nothing wrong with juxtaposing the 2 situations and feeling positive about Elvis as a result, even though the 2 situations have clear differences.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad