Player Discussion: The Elvis Thread

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Interesting. I don't like to make assumptions but this doesn't look good for Korpi being here past the deadline. I can't see why Korpi would accept a backup gig and the CBJ ain't gonna pay him now that Elvis got paid. This may get awkward.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Very happy with this. I feel for Korpi. I hope we find him a good landing spot where he can thrive.
Me, too. I think Jarmo made the right choice. Korpi has been the proverbial good soldier who has helped this team in various roles. I like the guy but he’ll likely be traded at the deadline to a playoff contender such as Edmonton, etc with questionable G or a contender whose 1G gets injured. In the meantime, play well Korpi. I’ll be cheering for you.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Love it. He needs to stay healthy but hes just proven to be much more consistant than Korpi. I think it became and easy long term choice

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Pretty good deal. Perfect term and not too expensive.

As for Korpisalo, he's a good backup but his lows are too low imo despite the incredible highs. Elvis is far more reliable and leading up to this contract has been firmly statistically better.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I`m not sure if Elvis is a better than Korpi. But it`s good to have signed a good goalie.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
It's a good sign. I am glad they finally made a decision one way or the other. At some point they needed to name a starter. It didn't matter to me which one, just name a guy and move on.

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
I have Elvis as the slightly better goaltender currently and the one with the bigger upside going forward if given the opportunity to be "the guy". Where Elvis separates in my opinion, is in his leadership qualities. We all know goalies are weird people, kind of like test pilots. Elvis seems like one who has the ability to be a voice in the room when needed.

I LOVE this deal because it shows Elvis wants to be here and he is "the guy", it also shows the front office understands how important it is to keep our vocal leaders in the fold. This signing helps the re-build in a big way. This signing has JD written all over it.

Will Zach and Elvis hug after games now? It is their team.

Reactions: CPTN71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad