Injury Report: The Eddy Punch Clock Memorial Infirmary Thread

Throwback

Sep 12, 2014
Anyone heard any details on Boeser's injury?
Nothing so far. Just the "at least one week". Most likely week-to-week. Guessing he'll manage the injury and play through it once the season starts if that's the case.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Nothing so far. Just the "at least one week". Most likely week-to-week. Guessing he'll manage the injury and play through it once the season starts if that's the case.
Come on man. 1 pre-season game the guys hurt already. I get it if it's Sutter because he doesn't make 7M or score 30~ goals.

Forget about being competitive if we got weak bones up and down the line-up. This should make people admire Horvat and anybody else who quietly stay healthy and strong throughout the season.

Throwback

Sep 12, 2014
Come on man. 1 pre-season game the guys hurt already. I get it if it's Sutter because he doesn't make 7M or score 30~ goals.

Forget about being competitive if we got weak bones up and down the line-up. This should make people admire Horvat and anybody else who quietly stay healthy and strong throughout the season.
Boeser played all 56 games last season. He's pretty damn lucky that his career wasn't over after the hit that broke his vertebrae in 2018, heck probably lucky to walk right now.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Let's be honest "out a week or so" in the pre-season is often the same as "not going to miss any time" in the regular season. For a player like Boeser there is zero point having him do pre-season or practice at even 95% right now. Sit him out, once the pre-season wraps up put him back into practices for a few days and have him ready to go game 1.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Sounds like Sutter could come back later in the season, but he's on LTIR. Out until the new year I bet.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Sutter was dragging around a piano pre covid. Guy looked exhausted coming over the boards.

What's he dragging behind him post covid? Could be his last year in the NHL with how much teams prioritize speed and youth in their bottom 6. Might be a good time to call it a career and not risk it health wise.

Reactions: mossey3535

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Sutter was dragging around a piano pre covid. Guy looked exhausted coming over the boards.

What's he dragging behind him post covid? Could be his last year in the NHL with how much teams prioritize speed and youth in their bottom 6. Might be a good time to call it a career and not risk it health wise.

The long term effects of covid hit him, he’s still feeling the aches and pains

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Not to be the evil businessman here, but how did Sutter get a contract + insurance with long COVID symptoms?
upload_2021-10-12_8-55-20.png

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Heard Tucker Poolman did NOT fly back to Vancouver with the rest of the team following last nights game in Seattle. He did get shaken up midway through the 3rd period, but finished the game. Something to keep an eye on.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Poll question.

Would you try hard, play on the edge and risk injury on a team full of Beagles, Sutters, Erikssons, Gudbransons and Myers?

Follow up question.

How likely would you play through minor injuries for such a mentor laden team?

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I doubt Sutter comes back, I had a friend with long term covid symtoms and it was mostly some damage to the lungs. I think with hockey you would get tired really quickly, and Sutter is not a very young guy anymore.

Happy to hear OEL back soon, hopefully Hamonic is not out any longer then the 2-3 weeks.

We get our big guns back at D, this team will look much better. Guys like Myers and Poolman are stepping up but it's only a matter of time until they get tired.

Reactions: mossey3535

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I doubt Sutter comes back, I had a friend with long term covid symtoms and it was mostly some damage to the lungs. I think with hockey you would get tired really quickly, and Sutter is not a very young guy anymore.

Happy to hear OEL back soon, hopefully Hamonic is not out any longer then the 2-3 weeks.

We get our big guns back at D, this team will look much better. Guys like Myers and Poolman are stepping up but it's only a matter of time until they get tired.
Sutter's legs were gone a couple of hernias ago, I don't even want to picture his footspeed now.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Was wondering what Highmore's status was and whether there was any recent news/update..
See he's listed on LTIR... But I don't remember if his injury timeline was ever disclosed...

LTIR:
Ferland, Sutter, Hamonic, Highmore, Keeper

COVID Protocol?:
Schenn, Lammikko, Hunt, Poolman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad