Player Discussion The Eberle Factor

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
and was labelled a core player given a big contract$$$ and gifted with an A on his Jersey :shakehead

I noticed Eberle wasn't wearing a letter in the Stars game (I think that was the game I noticed that). Was it just a one game thing or was it taken away? I don't remember hearing anything about it.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
You would think all the PTSD of seeing pucks end up in your net would be enough to make him stop gliding on the backcheck, at some point.

He's got 6 million reasons to not stress over it

Wow Lowetide in full-on "cover Eberle's ass" mode on his blog this morning - slamming anyone with different opinions. I don't read that blog much anymore as it's gotten to be an echo chamber with anyone having different perspectives blocked out. Guess that's what happens when you go mainstream. Too bad - the guy did great work on this site in the early days and he brought a lot of attention to analytics - but it's way too authoritarian over there now for my taste.

I never thought Lowetide was that great. People here seem to think that his opinion was well respected but I find it to be overrated.

But I guess anyone behind a keyboard can be an expert these days:laugh:

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Wow Lowetide in full-on "cover Eberle's ass" mode on his blog this morning - slamming anyone with different opinions. I don't read that blog much anymore as it's gotten to be an echo chamber with anyone having different perspectives blocked out. Guess that's what happens when you go mainstream. Too bad - the guy did great work on this site in the early days and he brought a lot of attention to analytics - but it's way too authoritarian over there now for my taste.

He still does great work, just because you disagree with his opinion, doesn't mean it's gone down hill.
so what if he doesn't support your anti-Eberle propaganda.....you have biased eyes,and a certain agenda, he sees it from a different perspective....an unbiased one without an axe to grind.

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
You would think all the PTSD of seeing pucks end up in your net would be enough to make him stop gliding on the backcheck, at some point.

Didn't seem to worry Gagner much and he almost played himself out of the league with that kind of play - a guaranteed $6 million a year takes the sting out of that I guess. It's not like people are expecting him to win the Selke - just mark his man on a regular basis instead of giving up 5 alarm chances ever other game.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Didn't seem to worry Gagner much and he almost played himself out of the league with that kind of play - a guaranteed $6 million a year takes the sting out of that I guess. It's not like people are expecting him to win the Selke - just mark his man on a regular basis instead of giving up 5 alarm chances ever other game.

Gagner has been one of the worst forwards in the entire league for 3+ years now. Has been waived and traded for cap dumps multiple times. But hey Inguess a couple good games changes everything lol.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He still does great work, just because you disagree with his opinion, doesn't mean it's gone down hill.
so what if he doesn't support your anti-Eberle propaganda.....you have biased eyes,and a certain agenda, he sees it from a different perspective....an unbiased one without an axe to grind.

no kidding. Now supposedly everyone who defends Eberle is some kind of stooge? Please. If anything, the ones smearing Eberle are the ones drinking their own flavour of kool aid. Scoring in the league is down, and Eberle's on pace for 27 goals and 65 points. He's also been engaged defensively this year and is going to the net often even. He is not one of this team's problems. Not by a long shot.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I'm behind Eberle and his game. I'll be one of the Stooges....haven't decided which one. Which one do you do you think?

Healthywealthy.jpg

:D

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
that goal last game wasn't even his man or his fault. Yet ebs get's all the blame.

You can't honestly believe that.

He takes three strides between the red line and when the puck is on his man's stick in the slot. McDavid was caught deep. That man was his responsibility.

Maroon starts from the opposition blueline and passes him like he's standing still.

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003

I never found him that way here, that is why i didnt follow him. Sometimes I found him dead ass wrong and called him out with no reply.

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
Eberle is the oldest of the new talented kids. He started the I dont need to play defence attitude. I think getting rid of this guy would be addition by subtraction and have for years. I hoped he would clean his act up this year but it looks like he isnt interested. Do the Blues have another 3rd round pick?

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
You can't honestly believe that.

He takes three strides between the red line and when the puck is on his man's stick in the slot. McDavid was caught deep. That man was his responsibility.

Maroon starts from the opposition blueline and passes him like he's standing still.

Ebs was strides ahead of the guy that scored. He slowed down to man the blueline which was his responsibility. Maroon was the first forward back and took the middle of the zone. One dman went to Seguin and the other covered the other Star. Then Maroon, who was the first forward back and already in the middle should have covered the middle like a C would and taken McD's role,, but he didn't. He left his position to skate and double team Seguin at the point, leaving the middle open .

If Maroon would have stayed in the middle as he should have, then Seguin would not have had a play to the middle, down low or to the other point.

If Ebs actually did what you say and went with the scorer then the point pass would have been wide open and Maroon would have been in no man's land
Ebs only fault is being weak defensively and not reacting fast enough to Maroon's decision.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad