Post-Game Talk: The Dwyer/Meier Comedy Revue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Not spinning anything. Im trying to figure out their rationale. Sorry, im not one make mountains of mole hills.

I'm mostly kidding :laugh:

I'm on your side of this if anything. I don't really get why Bennett has been singled out, but he does need to battle harder. That said, placing him next to Adams and benching Sill, who has been significantly better than Adams is a joke. The inconsistency is the issue here.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Mentioned this in MJ's thread but i hope whats going on is:

MJ knows this team won't win a Cup this year and is playing the long game with Beau. Work with him and develop him better than just sticking him in the lineup every night. It would be nice for him to get some reps though, still. BUT if Beau is an important player here and MJ is working with him, with the intent that he'll be an important player here when the Sill's and Adam's are long gone, then i'm totally fine with it.

Only the future will give me the answer.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I'm mostly kidding :laugh:

I'm on your side of this if anything. I don't really get why Bennett has been singled out, but he does need to battle harder. That said, placing him next to Adams and benching Sill, who has been significantly better than Adams is a joke. The inconsistency is the issue here.

As far as Sill/Adams I agree. Overall I think Adams has been better on the year but Sill better recently.

It depends if this is because they want Bennett learning LW or if they put him on the LW because they want Adams over Sill. If the first is the primary motivation I get it as Sill would likely be an abject disaster on his off wing (he barely isn't on his good wing). But if the second scenario is the primary motivator they are essentially limiting Bennett, to play Adams and that isn't kosher.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Beau will not succeed on that 4th line. He just won't. He's a playmaker and you put him w/ Adams? Yeah... ok. That's not putting him in a position to succeed.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Beau will not succeed on that 4th line. He just won't. He's a playmaker and you put him w/ Adams? Yeah... ok. That's not putting him in a position to succeed.

Agreed although maybe they don't care if he "succeeds" but rather if he battles to earn more ice time. It's flawed logic anyway since he isn't the only guy not busting his ass and winning board battles, but assuming that's why he was benched, I can understand it.

Put him on the 4th line and make him prove he will do anything for the team and then move him up once he's proven that. I don't really believe what I'm saying, but I suppose it's possible.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Waive Sill, he's useless.

He's been "meh" lately, which is just above useless and just short of Taylor Pyatt. So yes, we could definitely waive him. It's not like he's going to get claimed....

Could you imagine if he did, though? It would prove to me that he must have photos of Bettman cheating on his wife or something...

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

I guess it depends on what you mean by succeed? Put up points? Hell no.

Play more physical? Why not.

Better play without the puck? Why not, he will sure get a lot of practice with that.

Shoot more? After the first 10 times Adams screws up an opportunity, why not?

Michael8771*

He's been "meh" lately, which is just above useless and just short of Taylor Pyatt. So yes, we could definitely waive him. It's not like he's going to get claimed....

Could you imagine if he did, though? It would prove to me that he must have photos of Bettman cheating on his wife or something...
I am absolutely astounded this bum has lasted this long. This speaks more to the ineptitude of the coaching staff than anything else. Play Sill and scratch Bennett? Yeah, this new coach needs to get to steppin, back to the minors. ****ING *******!

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

He's a 4th liner. I don't know what some of you people expect of him. He's playing some good hockey for a 4th liner recently.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
The only thing I can think of is that this is part of Johnston's plan to make sure he "battles" or whatever. Since he obviously won't be able to do anything involving his skill set while on a line with Adams, the only thing he can do is try to win board battles since Adams can't.

And since the fourth line is perpetually stuck in our own zone, he will be doing his practice battle drills in-game.

I was thinking the same. Only thing that makes sense.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I was thinking the same. Only thing that makes sense.

TD, you haven't offered your thoughts on BB "compete level".

I'm interested in what you and Zen have to say about the notion of BB being a soft, perimeter player.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Beau does have to net drive more, that would be the only difficult thing to instill in him but he does have the size to be better at it. I've seen him win board battles and forecheck like a demon. That'll be easy to bring back, as long as he's healthy and plays with some confidence(ie. not just playing to not get hurt).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad