Post-Game Talk: The Dwyer/Meier Comedy Revue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Bennett could still have a lingering injury. They don't want to put him on IR, and maybe it's also so minute they'll just healthy scratch him over Bennett's will to play through it.

That doesn't make any sense. If he has been injured for a week, just put him on IR retroactive to when he was injured. It's clearly a healthy scratch situation based on everything we have heard.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I suppose that

K-C-P
Comeau-Geno-Horn
Spaling-Sutter-Downie
Bennett-Lap-Adams

is gonna be a lineup.. Bennett on the 4th line and on his off-wing. I guess that if he doesn´t produce there, Sill will be back sooner than later.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I suppose that

K-C-P
Comeau-Geno-Horn
Spaling-Sutter-Downie
Bennett-Lap-Adams

is gonna be a lineup.. Bennett on the 4th line and on his off-wing. I guess that if he doesn´t produce there, Sill will be back sooner than later.

while everyone else gets a free pass of course.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Bennett sent to the Siberia of skill line. That will learn him.

The only thing I can think of is that this is part of Johnston's plan to make sure he "battles" or whatever. Since he obviously won't be able to do anything involving his skill set while on a line with Adams, the only thing he can do is try to win board battles since Adams can't.

And since the fourth line is perpetually stuck in our own zone, he will be doing his practice battle drills in-game.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007

No mention of Arcobello so wonder if he's part of that rotating 4th line as well?

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Sill has been miles better than Adams has the past few games. At this point, I don't think I'll ever see Adams not wear a Penguins jersey. Even 30 years from now he'll still be suiting up.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Sill has been miles better than Adams has the past few games. At this point, I don't think I'll ever see Adams not wear a Penguins jersey. Even 30 years from now he'll still be suiting up.

It's not really even close how much better Sill has been than Adams since coming back from his injury.

I'll wait until the lineup is set, but we all know what is going to happen.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Yeah that's the other thing. Sure Bennett should be in the lineup, but if anyone is sitting on that 4th line it should be Adams not Sill. Who does this team have to acquire for Adams to sit?

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
The only thing I can think of is that this is part of Johnston's plan to make sure he "battles" or whatever. Since he obviously won't be able to do anything involving his skill set while on a line with Adams, the only thing he can do is try to win board battles since Adams can't.

And since the fourth line is perpetually stuck in our own zone, he will be doing his practice battle drills in-game.

Yeah, I think they want him to get playing time and for him to get comfortable playing a more physical game in that 4th line type of role. I hope the long game is that their getting him ready to swap with Spaling. BB is one of the only guys with enough skill to pull Sutter up possession wise.

One thing certain for me, is that a line with Bennett playing passively and Sutter is too soff. A Bennett playing like he did to start the season with Downie on the other side is much more palatable.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Yeah, I think they want him to get playing time and for him to get comfortable playing a more physical game in that 4th line type of role. I hope the long game is that their getting him ready to swap with Spaling. BB is one of the only guys with enough skill to pull Sutter up possession wise.

One thing certain for me, is that a line with Bennett playing passively and Sutter is too soff. A Bennett playing like he did to start the season with Downie on the other side is much more palatable.

I appreciate the effort you put into spinning this positively. It must be hard work.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yeah that's the other thing. Sure Bennett should be in the lineup, but if anyone is sitting on that 4th line it should be Adams not Sill. Who does this team have to acquire for Adams to sit?

It's just a friggin' joke at this point how Adams is always in the lineup, no matter who is acquired or who is brought up.

If JR brings in someone at the deadline, you just know it'll be Bennett who is healthy scratched to make room in the lineup for the new acquisition. Meanwhile, Adams trots out there and gets a regular shift to do absolutely jack **** all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad