News Article: The Dubois Saga - Pt 3: Gloves in MTL Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
David trying too hard to plant the seeds for his post-hockey career.

Behold, the newest Habs insider, hockeychihuahua.com.
DD getting gifted these opportunities. He’ll be taking up the job from some up and coming hockey analyst from properly developing. I bet Eller would be a better commentator too, just needs to be given the opportunity.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Try telling that to CBJ fans on this site. They've been making fun of Hab fans since the trade as they claim we're trying to downgrade the player arbitrarily.

Several of our fans have posted on CBJ's site only to become laughing stocks. They're generally not a welcoming bunch, they don't care what you have to say and some of them think if you post there, it's cause you have an agenda.

Yeah, I was looking through the main boards a bit and came away with the same conclusion. A shame as I think there are several parallels that can be drawn between CBJ and MTL over the past couple of years.

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
Undervaluing him, how? By not willing to offer Suzuki or Romanov? Cause I'm betting that's what it would take to win the stakes.
No no im with you on that.. by not wanting to trade KK.. I've seen some Habs posters straight up refuse KK for PLD 1 for 1..

Reactions: Runner77

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I would do KK + Caufield begrudgingly plus salary dump as my max offer.
Not sure Bergy would do that tho.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
No no im with you on that.. by not wanting to trade KK.. I've seen some Habs posters straight up refuse KK for PLD 1 for 1..
I do think that it’s worth the discussion because kk and suzie are cost controlled and manage the cap over the next five years where as Dubois in 2 we’re paying 8m+ and losing all our depth

doesn’t mean I don’t consider it though you just need to consider cap implications

Reactions: strongcomp05

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Yeah, I was looking through the main boards a bit and came away with the same conclusion. A shame as I think there are several parallels that can be drawn between CBJ and MTL over the past couple of years.
the thing i take away from the main boards on a regular basis, is the obnoxious perception that kotkaniemi is a bust

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why the f*** the blue jackets would want Laine and get rid of Dubois .. It makes absolutely no sense player wise while keeping Tortorella.

So that each of the acquiring teams buys some time before their new player becomes disgruntled again. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Karma Police

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-1-22_21-11-38.png

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
the thing i take away from the main boards on a regular basis, is the obnoxious perception that kotkaniemi is a bust

Yeah, it's pretty sad. Not a very keen understanding of what development looks like. Can't discount the ups and downs he's had, but you can tell these posters haven't watched him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad