News Article: The Dubois Saga - Pt 3: Gloves in MTL Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
DD is just salty that he wouldn't make the current team. DD as our #1C was not fun.
Yeah surely. DD always being nice to the media and Habs managment, now he starts to open his mouth a little bit. Maybe DD doesn't like PLD personality. Sometimes great hockey players are not fun to work with, they want you to play with as much drive as they have.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Unlike Laine, I’m sure Danault would have no problem signing in Columbus. Would be clearly their number one Center and would probably get the money he craves so badly. Phil “show me the money” Danault
In my opinion, Danault doesn't fill the deal if he is traded for PLD. PLD's value is much more, with all the respect I have for Danault. I don't think CLB fans will accept this.

Reactions: Runner77

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Dubois to CGY.

Monahan + Hanifin + Conditional 1st for PLD and Gavrikov

According to a quickly deleted tweet by Friedman.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I want it to be over but then again, I don't. This is one of the most fascinating threads I've read and had the privilege to contribute to since I've been posting on HF.

The way this whole story has been developing, the manner in which we've had to piece together scenarios and possible permutations to implicate the Habs, has been completely engrossing. I think somewhere, we've also become more appreciative of the organization we're fans of as we learned of the pitfalls and constraints of a franchise operating in a non-hockey market and facing gripping talent turnover.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say how much I've appreciated all of you for your contributions -- you've all added a lot of food for thought and I've enjoyed every second of it. In particular, thank-you @Adam Michaels for the original thread idea and to the mods for allowing this thread to continue into its current version. At first, I thought the mods were going to simply join it with the standard trade thread. But then, it took on a life of its own and it just challenged everyone to put forth a lot of really thoughtful and well-reasoned posts. Not to mention some well-placed humor.

This is one shining example of how a forum such as this, can deliver a whole lot of quality content.

So before this whole thing is over, just a couple of words -- thank-you.
group hug?
but i agree. And it's such a strange situation. But I don't know why or how bergevin pulls it off?
We already have a terrific thing unfolding? if we trade, we lose a C for two week and thus some momentum.
We also lose chemistry which is already being built. We lose cap space. Danault wants 5 mill+. does that mean,
bergevin will roll with suzuki, dubois and Evans next year? Not bad.
So many variables...
and yet the timing of the danault leak today, the connection bergevin has with Kekalainen and Dubois' agent,
the fact we're stacked with picks and prospects - neither of which CBJ has.
i still don't see bergevin pulling the trigger

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
if we where out it would have probably been repotted
True, but if we were in, it would also likely be reported I think. Whenever there are these big trades, the 'insiders' usually narrow it down to a team or two and looks like it is Ducks vs Jets.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I mean, if there's any team that can tell you what a bad idea it is to have Domi as your 1C, it's the Habs. Unless CBJ is rebuilding, they've got to get a center back.

Try telling that to CBJ fans on this site. They've been making fun of Hab fans since the trade as they claim we're trying to downgrade the player arbitrarily.

Several of our fans have posted on CBJ's site only to become laughing stocks. They're generally not a welcoming bunch, they don't care what you have to say and some of them think if you post there, it's cause you have an agenda.

Reactions: strongcomp05

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I'd assume the opposite in that case. I think the Habs would have leaked it if we were out.
We'll see, usually in these big name multi-team trades the Insiders call out the finalists well before the trade and haven't been hearing Habs today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad