News Article: The Dubois Saga - Pt 3: Gloves in MTL Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Byron will have to go the other way. That's the main reason why it would be KK+decent asset. I still think losing Byron would suck because hes a stellar PKer and Perry will be gassed by playoff time.
Meh we have enough players tha can play PK

Suzuki Anderson , Armia , Toffoli , Lekhonen Danault Evans even KK can do it.

Byron would be just a minor cost for me let's be honest , you said with me a year ago you would have shipped Byron for a 2nd before his extension

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
I meant it as ..

Laine isn't what you would consider a Tortorella type player .. Why trade a guy who doesn't fit with the coach for another player who's work ethic (League wide was said) isn't the greatest?

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Anyone else think the "Complication" could Danault working on an extension with CBJ?

If he gets traded and extends right away that could be good value for them.
U are highly overrating Danault. Would need to be KK + grade A prospect + salary dump.
Doesn’t matter, sounds like MTL is out.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I meant it as ..

Laine isn't what you would consider a Tortorella type player .. Why trade a guy who doesn't fit with the coach for another player who's work ethic (League wide was said) isn't the greatest?
Why isn't he? He plays hard no matter where his coach puts him, even if he doesn't like it.

Honestly, the false narratives surrounding Laine are absolutely mental. Feel like I'm actually gonna lose my mind reading this garbage over and over again.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Oh i know but Dubois would still make this team ever better depending on the offer.

Im sure we could trade our 1st pick this year anyways , draft is shit and we cant draft for shit and we will probably draft late.
just saying' the more i watch Kotkaniemi, the more I think he will be very, very good. Something strange about the Danault contract stuff being leaked today too

Reactions: Runner77

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I have serious doubt about Laine being the trade for PLD. I don’t think JK is the kind of GM that would give 10M$ per to Laine.

just my 2 cents

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
Why isn't he? He plays hard no matter where his coach puts him, even if he doesn't like it.

Honestly, the false narratives surrounding Laine are absolutely mental. Feel like I'm actually gonna lose my mind reading this garbage over and over again.
So that's the reason Winnipeg would trade a player like Laine. Pure goalscorer but Winnipeg would want to get rid of him? makes no sense

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I can't wait for the Dubois saga to be over so we can go back to focusing on KK's development. Don't get me wrong, I was and still am ok with sending a package around KK for him because I feel like KK is still at least 2 years away before we really see him fufilling his potential and Dubois is already there, but now it seems that everything is pointing towards Winnipeg and Laine. Cool I'm not mad, I still believe in KK and I trust the process, it's just gonna take some time but once he hits that 220lbs level like PLD, he's gonna be a beast.

I want it to be over but then again, I don't. This is one of the most fascinating threads I've read and had the privilege to contribute to since I've been posting on HF.

The way this whole story has been developing, the manner in which we've had to piece together scenarios and possible permutations to implicate the Habs, has been completely engrossing. I think somewhere, we've also become more appreciative of the organization we're fans of as we learned of the pitfalls and constraints of a franchise operating in a non-hockey market and facing gripping talent turnover.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say how much I've appreciated all of you for your contributions -- you've all added a lot of food for thought and I've enjoyed every second of it. In particular, thank-you @Adam Michaels for the original thread idea and to the mods for allowing this thread to continue into its current version. At first, I thought the mods were going to simply join it with the standard trade thread. But then, it took on a life of its own and it just challenged everyone to put forth a lot of really thoughtful and well-reasoned posts. Not to mention some well-placed humor.

This is one shining example of how a forum such as this, can deliver a whole lot of quality content.

So before this whole thing is over, just a couple of words -- thank-you.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
So that's the reason Winnipeg would trade a player like Laine. Pure goalscorer but Winnipeg would want to get rid of him? makes no sense
If he does not want to be there, it does make sense. He hasn't let it affect his play though. Played best he ever has last season and had an amazing season opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia