News Article: The Dubois Saga - Pt 3: Gloves in MTL Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
No respect for a player who quits on his teammates. You can hate management and you can ask for a trade, what you don't do is quit on your peers.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Isn't Hanifin really good?

No, he was drafted high but he's pretty mediocre.

I have concerns about Caufield making it in NHL and PLD is proven while KK still is not.
Having said that, I'm totally ok not making a trade like that (but if it revolves around Danault instead of KK, Bergy would enter GOD status).

You can have a center who's trending in the PLD direction and continues to play better every game, and a guy who will, at minimum, come in and help the powerplay.. both on ELC's..

and then you have to trade a player for cap.. so Byron at minimum, or Drouin.. to make the cap work, so there's value out that requires being replaced with Frolik or Perry.. then you are also cap crunching when Dubois signs an extension and you're working on Suzuki's next contract.

It's a really bad deal, all things considered.

Reactions: 417

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
im not sure they need to outbid them, Laine isnt a C and their main need is C.. trading for Laine would be idiotic on their end.. and I love Laine..
I assume roslovic is part of deal..local kid, plays C, PR optics are good...he's not PLD...but they get by with domi, texier, roslovic

Reactions: Runner77

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
No respect for a player who quits on his teammates. You can hate management and you can ask for a trade, what you don't do is quit on your peers.
oh stop with this rhetoric.. hes doing it purposely to get traded and its working.. his whole career hes been a team first guy.. could he handle it better? sure, but lets not pretend hed come to montreal and do the same shit, he specifically said he wants to play here.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Funny, don't recall saying you can't judge his character by his actions. Perhaps reading comprehension is the issue?

His contract doesn't preclude him from selecting what kind of intensity he competes with, and the only recourse his employer has is to address his concerns or limit his ice time.

He could leave the league, as some have done (Giordano comes to mind).
He could sit out, as many have done
He could "suck it up" and play out the deal hoping he stays healthy and can cash in later (like PK did)
He could mail it in

to argue that he lacks character because of his choice is a baseless and poorly formed argument, i called it out as is.

So WHATEVER he choses to do, you can't judge him by his choice of action.

Maybe you need to work on your writing instead.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
oh stop with this rhetoric.. hes doing it purposely to get traded and its working.. his whole career hes been a team first guy.. could he handle it better? sure, but lets not pretend hed come to montreal and do the same shit, he specifically said he wants to play here.

I'm sure he's good 99% of the time, I just don't see why he's doing this...now.

I mean, if this dragged on a whole year I get it but its been a few games. Seems kinda petty to pull out this tactic now.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I don't get why so many people would think Columbus would want a UFA? Why would Columbus trade for Danault?

While I agree sending a pending UFA alone won’t get it done, look at it two ways: Danault would instantly be their #1C, sheltering Domi. He is the type of player I’m sure Torts would love. From Danault’s perspective, he gets to be THE guy in Columbus, get his 3v3 OT time :sarcasm:

If Columbus offers the right money during the offseason, I can see the appeal for Danault looking at the role he’ll be given.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Why would Winnipeg trade Laine for Dubois..... We'll be doing this same Dubois dance in a year.......

Reactions: Kimota

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Not to sound like we're amazing but what can any of the canadian teams not named Toronto offer without it being a lateral move?

You trade Laine...you're trading a stud in return. You're not really improving. Maybe a better fit but not a huge upgrade.

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
I'm sure he's good 99% of the time, I just don't see why he's doing this...now.

I mean, if this dragged on a whole year I get it but its been a few games. Seems kinda petty to pull out this tactic now.
apparently is because he was told Jarmo would take his time trading him and him and torts are clearly not seeing eye to eye.. so hes throwing a tantrum, i agree it looks bad, but i wouldnt worry long term

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Why would Winnipeg trade Laine for Dubois..... We'll be doing this same Dubois dance in a year.......

Well only CLB knows the real reason he wants out. Maybe he wants a big market(as speculated). Maybe he doesn't like his teammates. Who knows.

Everyone seems to think its Torts, maybe not. He probably isn't helping but it could be something else entirely. So Winnipeg may check off some boxes for him but we have no idea what they are.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Not to sound like we're amazing but what can any of the canadian teams not named Toronto offer without it being a lateral move?

You trade Laine...you're trading a stud in return. You're not really improving. Maybe a better fit but not a huge upgrade.

Laine wants out of Winnipeg though too. Getting a very good young centre in PLD wouldn’t be a bad return for them.

Prendan Brust

Jul 31, 2003
Québec

Yeah, and given it’s been reported the BJ aren’t looking for futures, it means even if PLD is traded up north, it won’t really change the power rankings. That reassures me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad