News Article: The Dubois Saga - Pt 3: Gloves in MTL Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I don’t care if KK is young or when he will reach his “potential”. All I know is that I don’t want to wait and see to figure out if he can reach Pierre-Luc’s level.

We know what we are getting with PLD. Give Columbus KK and a 1st round pick to compensate the risk that they are taking with KK maybe busting.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I’d trade Price+2nd for a conditional 7th round pick.
I think our best bet (for Price) lies with Seattle! Price would definitely accept to play near his wife's hometown (and near his own hometown).

No way CBJ ever entertains anything that includes Price.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Latendresse and Lapierre from the last poche bleu clearly knows something is up.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
The prospect of having Suzuki, Duboi and Danault is very attractive. PLD may not have top notch offensive skill but I see him developing in the same mold of the Couturiers, RORs which would allow Suze to focus mainly on offense. Danault on the third line would be icing on the cake

Reactions: Archijerej

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
The prospect of having Suzuki, Duboi and Danault is very attractive. PLD may not have top notch offensive skill but I see him developing in the same mold of the Couturiers, RORs which would allow Suze to focus mainly on offense. Danault on the third line would be icing on the cake
I don't think Dano stays to play third fiddle.

HereInTheNord

Nov 20, 2016
Quebec city
I don't think Dano stays to play third fiddle.
With balanced line times as current, with quality wingers as he have right now, in a winning environment where is work is valuated, I don't see why he wouldn't. Unless he wants to strap on a bit more money and move to a losing team. No serious contenders will line up to offer him top 2 lines duty.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
A deal around KK would make more sense for CLB if they fall out of contention, which may not take that long they way this season will go. Assuming a trade could be worked out at that point:

Maybe MB should add a cheap depth centre (who can actually win a draw) now so that if we had to bridge the gap between KK and PLD we could slot someone on the fourth line (evans temp. in KK spot)?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just seen this offer from a Rangers fan on the main boards... Then another Rangers fan said... "hell no" :laugh:. I bet you the Blue Jackets fan base don't troll that offer like they would if the Habs offered something like that.

Krappo Kappo + Buchnevich for PLD

* Kakko vs Kotkaniemi
* Buchnevich vs Drouin

philipsson

Jan 12, 2014
Zegras and Glass are pretty good.....they up against the cap anyways and I believe not too many players on the roster

Zegras is with the Ducks, isn't he ? I don't really see VGK going for Dubois. Would be extremely pleased to see PLD in MTL, but at what cost ? I guess we'll have to wait and see :)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
One of the worst contracts in the league.

NOPE! He's still a top 5 goalie in the world. Not a great contract but you act like he has Bob's stats for an entire season. Price showed his ability when we need him in the playoffs. It's ok to criticize him cause he did go after the max deal but lets not go overboard with it.

Price is like $1-$2M overpaid. $8.5M looks so much better. His overpaid amount has not hurt us until this season when we were able to make moves. An extra few Million would go a long way to retain some players and we would not be so tight against the cap right now

Reactions: jaffy27

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don’t care if KK is young or when he will reach his “potential”. All I know is that I don’t want to wait and see to figure out if he can reach Pierre-Luc’s level.

We know what we are getting with PLD. Give Columbus KK and a 1st round pick to compensate the risk that they are taking with KK maybe busting.

Timing is everything. KK's value could be different at the end of the year or at the deadline.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
NOPE! He's still a top 5 goalie in the world. Not a great contract but you act like he has Bob's stats for an entire season. Price showed his ability when we need him in the playoffs. It's ok to criticize him cause he did go after the max deal but lets not go overboard with it.

Price is like $1-$2M overpaid. $8.5M looks so much better. His overpaid amount has not hurt us until this season when we were able to make moves. An extra few Million would go a long way to retain some players and we would not be so tight against the cap right now
Every time Price lets in 4+ goals he’s a loser.....with that philosophy we can call McDavid a loser every time he doesn’t put up points and the Oil lose.....heck, we can say that about any superstar player who’s paid handsomely and puts up big fat zeros in the stat line.

Reactions: Runner77 and BLONG7

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

His overpaid amount will now start to hurt us when KK and Suzuki need to get paid. MB had poor foresight thinking signing a player that plays 60-70 games a year should be your highest paid player. He got lucky with the pandemic and having cap space when the cap stayed flat. Well that flat cap is going to catch up to him because Price contract really hurts the team. Of all the players making 10M or more, I would take all of them over Price. I have always and will always be a fan of Price, but he will become a detriment to this team. I pray the Canucks take him on at some point... Having Dubois here on 5M next year would be nice if we could surround him with other star players. Not that Dubois and Tatar are on the same page, but production wise they are similar. So we lose one as a UFA to replace him with another making similar money... It's not a net gain. 5 more seasons of Price at 10.5M... Next years cap is likely falt too if the stands remain empty for the entire short regular season.

Reactions: HostileCapSpace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad