Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
He's not coming...
He's not coming...
He's not coming to MONTREAL!

Stop dreamin'...
Stop dreamin'...
Stop dreamin' and face the FACTS!
He has more chance to land in Montreal than 90% of the teams in the league giving offers
It's pretty much useless to give an offer if the player will not re-sign there

He said a big market and that he would love to play with Habs. He actually said it.
Bergevin and Jarmo had talks.
People saying he wanted to play in NY are actually jackets reporter.
It won't happen probably but I think the habs will be in the 2-3 teams he wants to play which for a rare occasion would be true compared to other star players wanting here.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
He has more chance to land in Montreal than 90% of the teams in the league giving offers
It's pretty much useless to give an offer if the player will not re-sign there

He said a big market and that he would love to play with Habs. He actually said it.
Bergevin and Jarmo had talks.
People saying he wanted to play in NY are actually jackets reporter.
It won't happen probably but I think the habs will be in the 2-3 teams he wants to play which for a rare occasion would be true compared to other star players wanting here.
The problem is there are always teams like Ottawa (and, in other circumstances, Columbus) who don't care if a player will not re-sign there. They keep trying (see Duchene for example - who everyone knew was either Nashville or MTL-bound). CBJ isn't going to please Dubois. They're gonna trade him to whoever offers them the best return.

That said, I do see NYR making a solid push to get him. In fact, I think he will be NY-bound when all is said and done. Otherwise, there's LAK, COL, or dare I say, VGK that may be in play.

MTL would've definitely been a real possibility, had Jarmo have any interest in Kotkaniemi and Danault. He seems to want Suzuki+ which is a definite nonstarter. If the reports are wrong, and that Jarmo does have some interest in either KK or Danault, then that would be a whole different story. If the ask was Danault++ (which I sincerely doubt), Bergevin would have already done the deal. The question now remains if Jarmo would be okay with KK+(+). Me thinks: nope: he wants Suzuki+, which will be exactly why we're not going to get him.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustAHabFan

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
The problem is there are always teams like Ottawa (and, in other circumstances, Columbus) who don't care if a player will not re-sign there. They keep trying (see Duchene for example - who everyone knew was either Nashville or MTL-bound). CBJ isn't going to please Dubois. They're gonna trade him to whoever offers them the best return.

That said, I do see NYR making a solid push to get him. In fact, I think he will be NY-bound when all is said and done. Otherwise, there's LAK, COL, or dare I say, VGK that may be in play.

MTL would've definitely been a real possibility, had Jarmo have any interest in Kotkaniemi and Danault. He seems to want Suzuki+ which is a definite nonstarter. If the reports are wrong, and that Jarmo does have some interest in either KK or Danault, then that would be a whole different story. If the ask was Danault++ (which I sincerely doubt), Bergevin would have already done the deal. The question now remains if Jarmo would be okay with KK+(+). Me thinks: nope: he wants Suzuki+, which will be exactly why we're not going to get him.
Vegas has no prospects worthy of Dubois. Kings is a big market when they win , they are bad right now and rebuilding idk why Dubois would play that. Colorado have the pieces but salary will be a problem for them after this season

Yeah of course the Rangers could be in the mix once again for every f***ing players traded in the market.
They always get lucky at draft and every moron ufa goes there to never win
Oh well. We''ll see.

Maybe KK would progress if he was not stuck with Armia and maybe we could stop trading him after.

Reactions: A Loyal Hot Dog

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Vegas has no prospects worthy of Dubois. Kings is a big market when they win , they are bad right now and rebuilding idk why Dubois would play that. Colorado have the pieces but salary will be a problem for them after this season

Yeah of course the Rangers could be in the mix once again for every f***ing players traded in the market.
They always get lucky at draft and every moron ufa goes there to never win
Oh well. We''ll see.

Maybe KK would progress if he was not stuck with Armia and maybe we could stop trading him after.
Zegras and Glass are pretty good.....they up against the cap anyways and I believe not too many players on the roster

Reactions: Runner77

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Dubois is maybe the next tavares. Who know. I have no problem to sign him when he will be on ufa market, at 26/27 years old. Hes gonna be good again. There is no comparison to do wirh Kk imo. I saw him play last playoff. He is a strenght guy. He play big. He will crush dman instead to be crush. He protects the puck like no one else could do it in montreal. He is playing like a Anderson. With an offensive IQ really higher. KK is more a playmaker and will distribute some hit. But Dubois is a bull

Merci Saku

Sep 9, 2006
Longueuil, Québec

columbus is not gonna please Dubois but the longer they wait, the bigger distraction it can be.

that affect the locker room. If Dubois pull a Jacob Trouba and only wants to play in one city, then the value will be lower and all the GMs knows it.

why pay for a player that isn’t willing to come play for you. At the time, everyone thought the return for Trouba was weak. His wife was a futur doctor in NY and that was he’s only destination

Dubois already has whispers in mtl that he wants to be here and knowing the guy and his friends, its definitely where he see’s himself.

will it happen now or in the summer we don’t know, the quarantine is for sure a reason why it might take a while. In a 56 games season, you need all the help you have and losing for example a guy like KK and + for 2 weeks, might affect the wins and losses column. It’s a risk
You weaken the roster, you risk a 4-5 games losing streak, you fell down the standings etc etc

Reactions: A Loyal Hot Dog

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I'd be willing to overpay but only if it makes us better right now.

Kotkaniemi (center piece)
And 1-2 of any of our prospects and picks

Then you'd need to add some cap dumps to make it work (in order of whom I'd rather deal first) :
Weal
Armia
Byron
Kulak
Lehkonen

We're at the point where we can add a significant piece for a long time. And get that piece at the start of the season so we're firing on all cylinders come playoffs time.

However, I think Bergevin is content with his off season and likely won't want to rock the boat at this time, unfortunately.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
If Suzuki is part of the ask, I don’t see it going anywhere....but really with the potential assets we do have we have as good a shot at anyone.

One Torts benching and that could light the fuse.

Reactions: Runner77

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

I'm actually surprised that even members of the francophone media won't even entertain Suzuki for Dubois. Very promising

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
People literally offered it on the board every day for every quality player when we had price and halak prior to the halak trade

This

For a time it was even forbidden and an infraction to make a Ryder + Halak + 2nd offer on any trade proposal on this board lol

Reactions: KotkaZuki

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Unfortunately every game KK goes without points will only fuel the fire on this rumour...

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I know this isn't the subject of this thread but since it is referenced in the title : Mathias Brunet never retracted that story and still says the gloves were made. After all these years, I don't know what he has to gain by standing by his reporting. I mean, he already admitted he was wrong about other stories (e.g. Koivu's eye : he had reported there was no damage apart from the swelling).
The gloves were real, but for Marcel, not Marian, I think that's why he never retracted the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad