TSN: The Drouin Saga Part III "Don't Tell Me What the Poets are Drouin"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
TBH, I did not watch the game. Statistically speaking, he does not look impressive. I will be happy if we get him, provided we do not overpay.

Doubt Yzerman trades him to us.

Same point made by Pee Air today, thinks he's going to a western team.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
If the price is Galychenyuk we move along...
But if the price is McCarron, Beaulieu, picks or prospect and we don't get him then we are stupid.

In the situation we are in, trading Beaulieu for anyone not named [Insert Surefire top 2 prospect] would be stupid. Ie. trading Beaulieu for Drouin is stupid. Very stupid.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
In the situation we are in, trading Beaulieu for anyone not named [Insert Surefire top 2 prospect] would be stupid. Ie. trading Beaulieu for Drouin is stupid. Very stupid.
Beaulieu is unimpressive.. His decision is suspect.

I personally don't see anything special with Beaulieu.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
But if the price is McCarron, Beaulieu, picks or prospect and we don't get him then we are stupid.

I wouldn't deal McCarron. I would deal EVERY other prospect but him. Deal Lehkonen. What he's doing in Europe has to be impressive.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

What's stupid is opening a hole on LD for the next 3-4 seasons, that's what stupid. Markov is 37 yo...

Beaulieu is unimpressive.. His decision is suspect.

I personally don't see anything special with Beaulieu.

I don't see anything special with what you're bringing here, generic critic of weightlessness..

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What's stupid is opening a hole on LD for the next 3-4 seasons, that's what stupid. Markov is 37 yo.

This team has holes EVERYWHERE except goaltending....and even this....it,s all about how Price is with injuries. But mostly, the day you trade to get somebody interesting, you create a hole somewhere else.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I don't see anything special with what you're bringing here, generic critic of weightlessness..

There are so many 'faux amis/false cognates' here .... bringing here 'saying', generic 'general' , critic 'criticisms', weightlessness '?!?!?!?!?' 'inconsequential crap' ?!?!?:/

Not making fun of you, FYI, but thought you might want to improve your English.

Beaulieu is not the answer to the the question that drives us mad. I don't even know how good he will become. Hopefully he improves a lot, but he may just end up as a bottom 6. He is no Mc Donough.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
This team has holes EVERYWHERE except goaltending....and even this....it,s all about how Price is with injuries. But mostly, the day you trade to get somebody interesting, you create a hole somewhere else.

Sure, with the minor detail that the hole right now is filled with a cost controlled dman...

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010

That's a ridiculous price for Drouin. No team, anywhere is paying that.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Trolling people on Twitter with a fake account is kind of fun. Especially since it's using a name of someone who doesn't work for TSN at all, I just added "TSN" to the end of the Twitter handle..

It gets even better if you can find a way to add a blue checkmark logo, you know, for authentification purposes. :laugh:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Can we cross Lavoie off our list as a reliable source?
I've spent more than 24hrs waiting on something to break here.
Don't make me wait 2yrs like Eck did with the Montreal/Edmonton fizzle.

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Would love to add Drouin if one of our seconds' and a prospect would do it. Maybe a bigger type of trade could be made here:

Beaulieu, Flynn, 2nd

Drouin. Paquette ??

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Using the Habs to drive up the prices again.

One team will get burned ( like philly with Lecavalier ) and Tampa will come out of this as the big winner.

urgh

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The problem with sending a Beaulieu to TB for Drouin is that the Habs have stagnated several young players development to include Beaulieu, Galchenyuk.
Trading someone who can already play in the NHL for a player who has yet to prove he can is a major risk.

I still think Beaulieu as top pairing potential should the coaches start working at developing these kids and let them play. Will we ever see Pateryn on the ice again? I wonder how his confidence is doing?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So Bergevin doesn't want to overpay for established players but he'll do it for an unproven prospect?...

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
So Bergevin doesn't want to overpay for established players but he'll do it for an unproven prospect?...

He's proven at least 2 things:

-he can complain and request a trade
-he can struggle to score in the American Hockey League.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
He's proven at least 2 things:

-he can complain and request a trade
-he can struggle to score in the American Hockey League.

Just what we need! Maybe we can flip him for a 4th line grinder in a year when we find he doesn't fit in Therriens system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad