TSN: The Drouin Saga Part III "Don't Tell Me What the Poets are Drouin"

Status
Not open for further replies.

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
If the reported asking price for Drouin is truthful, the brass is crazy to trade a potential career top 3 dman in Beaulieu and let alone a McCarron/Scherbak. Montreal fans pined for years that we were too small and needed to draft a big skilled forward. Giving him away now for the local Francophone high draft pick Moosehead phenom is ludicrous. The kid can't stay up in the big league, is poor defensively, and does not seem to have any kind of urgency or consistent compete to his game.
You think trading for Alexandre Daigle part deux is going to turn this season around? Ha!
Getting players who give a **** and know how to lead is what this team needs, along with scoring talent - there is enough mystery around our prospects and potential as is. Drouin solves nothing for this team in the short term, and his long term potential appears no more promising than any of our top prospects.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Best player int he world right now is 5'11" - too small for today's NHL :laugh:

Please point out where I said he is too small for the NHL.

same size 5'11 you said anyone that is 5'11 is not made for today's NHL which includes the likes of Crosby lol

This is your comment:

"and even if he is 5'11, he is still small for todays NHL"

Again, please point out where I said he is too small for the NHL.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I said close to 50ish

The post I quoted you for was one answering this:
if we can trade for a 20 year old who consisently get us 60 points we have to jump all over it lol
Your response to this post was:
Wierd....

DD is close to that but gets dumped on by every poster and he is included in every trade offer as a cap dump....

So, as I said, DD is not close to regularly putting up 60pts. Not to mention he's not 20 and their ceilings are completely different.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I would do Beaulieu and Scherbak for Drouin. I would be very hesitant to add McCarron though, even though I think Scherbak will be a better point producer.

Beaulieu, as much as I like him, is the easiest to replace of the 3.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Kane, Gaudreau, Kucherov, Karlsson, Klingberg should all retire.
5'11 is not enough! Next Desharnais!

Desharnais is 5'7 guys.. that's like comparing a 6'0 guy with a 6'4 guy there is a huge difference.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Why has Drouin not been able to stick with the Lightning?

Why do they send him to the minors if he is such a star?

Why would you trade a proven NHL defenseman in Bealieu and monster McCarron for a guy that has proven nothing?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Why would you trade a proven NHL defenseman in Bealieu and monster McCarron for a guy that has proven nothing?

Then sent him in the minors because he asked for a trade.

You know, what people say Galchenyuk should do with MT?
Well, Drouin did exactly that with Cooper. Their production has been remarkably similar on a per 60 basis.

Besides, read the bolded again. It makes no sense.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
nope, its just small for The NHL...

Quite a few players, less gifted than Drouin I might add, because I totally expect some dimwit to bring the Crosby example, managed to carve a very decent career at 5'11.

Harry Wong

Oct 25, 2009
Does it worry anyone that Drouin has cooled off in the AHL?
He might be some time away from being able to step into a top 6 job in the NHL

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
MT ruined Galchenyuk...Cooper ruined Drouin....

When when will something be done with these coaches ruining players:shakehead

Odd that Stamkos flourished, the triplets as well, Hedman etc etc etc....

but lets blame The coach and not the players for not cutting it.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013

Why hasn't McCarron been able to stick in the NHL during his call-up if he's such a monster? Why hasn't Beaulieu been able to produce more if he's such a good young player? This is how easy it is to say the same type of ridiculous things about our prospects/young players, but, as with everything, there's context involved. Drouin has been able to stick with the club, last year he was doing terrific things playing with 4th liners and barely receiving any PP time. 32 points is nothing to scoff at for a 19 year old, especially in that situation, it's not crazy to imagine that if you gave this kid more opportunities he would produce more. So yeah, I like McCarron and Beaulieu alot, but why is it that we always see the good in our prospects and not others?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Does it worry anyone that Drouin has cooled off in the AHL?
He might be some time away from being able to step into a top 6 job in the NHL

To be honest, he probably is. Top-9 duties with spot PP time would be the most I'd give him at the moment.

MT ruined Galchenyuk...Cooper ruined Drouin....

When when will something be done with these coaches ruining players:shakehead

Odd that Stamkos flourished, the triplets as well, Hedman etc etc etc....

but lets blame The coach and not the players for not cutting it.

Well Hedman had a very rocky start, and the triplets were all older than Drouin is at the moment when they broke out, but hey, let's continue comparing pineapples to apples.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009

The guy is only 20. Pacioretty's first meaningful season came at 22.

And I can list several players that took longer than the ripe old age of 20 to breakout. But I'm not going to spend time researching names to argue.

Lets put it this way, if you are simply trying to be devil's advocate that is fine, because you have a case. If Drouin was a sure thing you are right he wouldn't be sent down. But there are aspects to his game that aren't at the professional level yet.

Are those cause for concern? Absolutely, but if you don't risk anything there will never be reward. Is he the next Daigle? Or is he the next Giroux/Pat Kane?

Time will tell, but he has the tools. According not to me, or any other internet warrior sitting at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->