TSN: The Drouin Saga Part III "Don't Tell Me What the Poets are Drouin"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
http://www.gohabsgo.com/2016/01/18/breaking-jonathan-drouin-to-the-habs/

We WILL regret trading BEAULIEU (and McCarron) if this is true - 2 of three of Beaulieu, McCarron, Scherbak! I would offer up Scherbak and Juulsen - two first rounders and if they don't like it - no deal!

That's the same site that claimed that Simmonds was headed to Montreal.

Where are they getting this:

The latest information details that two of Nathan Beaulieu, Nikita Scherbak and Michael McCarron will be needed to bring Drouin to Montreal.

Where is that "latest information" coming from? Certainly not Wilde, he's never specifically named anyone from the Habs' side.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I hope Molson has the final say before we give away so much for so little. At this point I would have more confidence in Molson's ability to GM the Habs. Why can't this organization once and for all get their manure together?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Replaced by a cost controlled winger.

Replaced by a winger who still has everything to prove with a cap hit of 3 mil... It doesn't make any sense to me, specially when you campaign for building from the back since day 1. Drouin isn't a generational talent, so what gives? Overpaying here would be a massive mistake.

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
For every one saying Drouin is unproven your 100% right, but if he was proven there's a very good chance we wouldn't even be talking about Drouin cuz he would probably be playing big minutes with Tampa and we would t have the assets to even consider it with out blowing up the core. While getting him before he shows exactly what kind of player he can be has a lot of risk it also has a chance to be a game changing move for the habs offence for years to come. The habs scouts have been scouting his games and I'm sure there gonna make a move based on what they believe he can develop in. If we get him I'd be pumped but if we didn't I'd still sleep at night

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Some risks are worth taking.

Some are not.

I feel Drouin is a risk worth taking. I think he will be a very good player in this league.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Drouin can become a number on centerman in the nhl. Theres absolutely no other way to aquire one except to suck, suck, suck and grt lucky to pick top3 overall.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Drouin can become a number on centerman in the nhl. Theres absolutely no other way to aquire one except to suck, suck, suck and grt lucky to pick top3 overall.

Except he's not, and never will be, a center in the NHL. He can become an elite playmaking winger though.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Would love to add Drouin if one of our seconds' and a prospect would do it. Maybe a bigger type of trade could be made here:

Beaulieu, Flynn, 2nd

Drouin. Paquette ??

This will do nothing but get SteveY to laugh

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Some risks are worth taking.

Some are not.

I feel Drouin is a risk worth taking. I think he will be a very good player in this league.

The risk with Drouin is more about if he can do well under Therrien. I am not convinced about it.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
The risk with Drouin is more about if he can do well under Therrien. I am not convinced about it.

You'd have to hope that a trade for Drouin would force Therrien to play him as a top 6. The slide will continue and MT should be fired in the offseason at the latest.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
oh please...they list him at 5'11 which means he is probably 5'9

and even if he is 5'11, he is still small for todays NHL

I guess Crosby the best player in the world should go to europe or the AHL to play then right? lol some of these comments on these forums are just unreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->