Player Discussion: The Drama of Mark Scheifele in Two Acts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Just for fun, I'd think team Canada would probably stack up something like this. Hardest part about the lines is there are too many good players

Marchand - McDavid - Mackinnon
Tavares - Crosby - Stamkos
Hall - Scheifele - Marner
O'Reilly - Bergeron - Getzlaf

Getzlaf as a 4th line winger... that’s like my NHL 19 team :) Boy is Canada stacked, can’t beat that team. Not even on any given Sunday.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
Just for fun, I'd think team Canada would probably stack up something like this. Hardest part about the lines is there are too many good players

Marchand - McDavid - Mackinnon
Tavares - Crosby - Stamkos
Hall - Scheifele - Marner
O'Reilly - Bergeron - Getzlaf

no stone

i0ZlmS3.gif

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Guessing that, if the 2011 draft was redone today, Scheifele would be first overall?

Most people would say Kucherov.

But if the draft were today I'd take Scheifele, also if I needed an underrated centre to build around. But it's pretty much Laine/Matthews with those two if they were the top two prospects.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Most people would say Kucherov.

But if the draft were today I'd take Scheifele, also if I needed an underrated centre to build around. But it's pretty much Laine/Matthews with those two if they were the top two prospects.

Considering contracts
It's scheifele easily

Without contracts. Well everyone on hf boards knows you always draft the centre first ... :sarcasm:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
The great thing about Scheifele is that he also sets such a great example to every young player that comes onboard the Jets. His work ethic and dedication to the game is top notch, and just what you want in a leader.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
He is 3 points back of Connor McDavid. Will score 110 points on this pace. He is locked up at 8 years for 6 mil. He is the Jets best player and most important player.
If Jets win the Cup it will be thanks to Mark's skill and effort, and nearly equally thanks to the cap space we saved on him being used to surround him with talent.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Mark Scheifele is currently rated #4 NHL player and #3 C in Corsicahockey.com ratings. That's by far his highest ranking ever, beating Crosby and Kucherov and losing only to McDavid, Mackinnon and Ovechkin.

Their rating is purely stat based and very complex mix of real (scoring, both ways) and hypotethical (xg/corsi/etc.) stats. Scope is last 120 games, and recent matches are weighted more.

Next Jets on that list are currently:
#26 Laine (#4 RW)
#29 Byfuglien (#5 RD, #6 D)
#31 Wheeler (#5 RW)

#102 Connor (#18 LW)
#103 Ehlers (#19 LW)
#116 Trouba (#18 RD)
#155 Morrissey (#21 LD)

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Okay so both Mark Scheifele and the Winnipeg Jets have 48 points after 35 games. This is a 112 pace. Who ends up with more? As much as I love Scheif I would bet on the Jets, but it is a bit of a fun coincidence.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Okay so both Mark Scheifele and the Winnipeg Jets have 48 points after 35 games. This is a 112 pace. Who ends up with more? As much as I love Scheif I would bet on the Jets, but it is a bit of a fun coincidence.
Very auspicious number. In Chinese Numerology, 48 means 'determined to prosper', or simply 'prosperity'.
48 is also the points sum of:
Morrissey + Ehlers
Morrissey + Byfuglien
Little + Connor
Morrissey+Trouba+Myers+Kulikov+Schilling
Wheeler + Veslainen
The list goes on and on.....

Can you tell I finally have a few days off ...:DD

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Very auspicious number. In Chinese Numerology, 48 means 'determined to prosper', or simply 'prosperity'.
Morrissey + Ehlers
Morrissey + Byfuglien
Little + Connor
Wheeler + Veslainen

48 is also the amount of points Colorado finished with in 16-17. My gut tells me that we'll go 0-47-0 to finish the year to match that. Hughes be ours.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Morrissey + Ehlers
Morrissey + Byfuglien
Little + Connor
Wheeler + Veslainen

Good grief, Dennis
:D

Reactions: scelaton

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Morrissey + Ehlers
Morrissey + Byfuglien
Little + Connor
Wheeler + Veslainen

And the number of times Chevy says "again" in a 148-second interview.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Morrissey + Ehlers
Morrissey + Byfuglien
Little + Connor
Wheeler + Veslainen

I can tell you may be Beyak's biggest fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad