Player Discussion: The Drama of Mark Scheifele in Two Acts

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
No doubt there is a Scheifele thread buried somewhere in the HF Boards history but I thought I'd start new with a thread to discuss the player we have now. Mark has 4 goals 7 assists for 11 points in his last 4 games. He has 20 goals 23 assists and 43 points in 32 games so far this season. That equates to a 51 goal 59 assist 110 point season. He is 25 years old and has become an undisputed franchise center as he just entering his prime. On top of that he will have a selection of all star caliber wingers to play with for the foreseeable future. So what does the future hold for Mark Scheifele? What kind of personal and team success can he achieve?

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
No doubt there is a Scheifele thread buried somewhere in the HF Boards history but I thought I'd start new with a thread to discuss the player we have now. Mark has 4 goals 7 assists for 11 points in his last 4 games. He has 20 goals 23 assists and 43 points in 32 games so far this season. That equates to a 51 goal 59 assist 110 point season. He is 25 years old and has become an undisputed franchise center as he just entering his prime. On top of that he will have a selection of all star caliber wingers to play with for the foreseeable future. So what does the future hold for Mark Scheifele? What kind of personal and team success can he achieve?
Cherry just gave him serious love on coaches corner.
Mark is so underrated on the main boards
Did you know the top 4 centres in the league are all Leafs?
You’re welcome :laugh:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
No doubt there is a Scheifele thread buried somewhere in the HF Boards history but I thought I'd start new with a thread to discuss the player we have now.

And you have my utmost respect for not resurrecting a years old thread to do this. Pointed comment to some other posters. :nod:

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
A special special player.....looks like a top notch human being as well...fully embraced the city and franchise...great contract...

If I were a girl I might get pretty googly eyed...lol...

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
I think if there was a 2011 redraft today , it would be Scheifele or Kucherov going 1-2
it's actually funny how similar scheif, kuch and gaudreau are in terms of impact from that draft. any team picking #1 wouldn't have gone wrong taking any of them first.

i think besides mcdavid, there's no other C i'd rather have than scheif right now. he's that good

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
This might sound weird and maybe you have to be a parent to understand it but Scheif kinda feels like he's a firstborn. He was our (Jets 2.0's) first draft pick. He's a bright-eyed Canadian kid with a connection to Jets 1.0 via his OHL coach, Hawerchuk. He was a little slow to develop after being drafted and had to be sent back to the minors a few times. Even though he had his Bambi moments early on he has now developed into an amazing player who appears to thoroughly enjoy being here and doing what he's doing. It's like I feel proud of him even though I don't have any right to...

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I am proud to have Mark Scheifele on our team and would like to see him Captain it one day.

images

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
In a vacuum (age, contract, health) not withstanding Sheif and Matthews would be a pretty difficult choice.... people ranking Gaudreau ahead of him are criminal. If there was an olympics tomorrow he'd probably be ahead of Tavares for 3c after Mcdavid and Crosby and Bergeron as checking C

(edit forgot about Mackinnon)

Reactions: irunthepeg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad