OT - NO POLITICS The Dog Days of Summer continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
My mom dealt with a few buyers who were just ridiculous with their asks so she ended up walking from 2 offers. I wish I could have bought the house because the person who bought the house has let the yard go and it was infuriating to see a few weeks ago. Almost 40 years of blood, sweat and tears from my parents to keep it nice and that asshole has made it look like the laughing stock of the street in a year.

My family built their homes when they moved which was a completely different headache but at least they didn't have to deal with being outbid.
Totally get it. Sounds like your parents really loved the home.

The two owners of our home let the yard go completely. Everything was dead when we moved in and the irrigation has been a constant battle since we purchased. But we are slowly unwrapping the gratitude of this home and we realized the surrounding yard needs our attention continually. It was crying for our involvement. We've brought our backyard to thriving and have a massive front yard redo going in in November if the HOA stamps us (which they will). The surrounding yard should ebrace the energy of the home. Its the belly of the beast.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The Queen was a real one. RIP.

I wonder if Charles takes the regnal name King Charles III or as rumored takes on George or Edward like most of the house of Windsor has

That announcement will probably be made in the next day or two. Personally I'm betting it will be George, after his grandfather.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That announcement will probably be made in the next day or two. Personally I'm betting it will be George, after his grandfather.
Some publications are already calling him Charles III which I think is premature.

The name Charles is kind of stigmatized because it's associated with the House of Stuart and the first one had his head chopped off and the second was troubled as well.

George VII is the most likely result IMO. George VI's personal name was Albert, Edward VIII's was David, etc. Windsor men tend to just alternate George and Edward (though the last Edward made a mockery of the crown so I think that's going to be out of fashion for a while).

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
This story is awesome. Her Majesty had her warts but always seemed to know how to convey her thoughts on certain matters

OMG I love this. And yes, she was a master at making her point of view known without saying a word. :heart:

This was my favorite moment from the Platinum Jubilee. I didn't think anything could top HM & James Bond at the 2012 Olympic opening but this did:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Everything that now occurs happens on specific days. As per history and decree.

Her passing made me think of a former coworker and good friend who passed away himself just a year ago. He was a major history buff and could tell you just about anything about the royals.

:(

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
OMG I love this. And yes, she was a master at making her point of view known without saying a word. :heart:

This was my favorite moment from the Platinum Jubilee. I didn't think anything could top HM & James Bond at the 2012 Olympic opening but this did:

I loved this.

Reactions: Alicat

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
REMEMBER , THE Jubilees as well, rare glimpse into the UK Racing scene, as she was also a horse owner
and dog lover. She and Linus love their Corgis
1662664910764.png

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Some publications are already calling him Charles III which I think is premature.

The name Charles is kind of stigmatized because it's associated with the House of Stuart and the first one had his head chopped off and the second was troubled as well.

George VII is the most likely result IMO. George VI's personal name was Albert, Edward VIII's was David, etc. Windsor men tend to just alternate George and Edward (though the last Edward made a mockery of the crown so I think that's going to be out of fashion for a while).
I definitely think there will be a new name. From what I understand, Charles isn’t terribly popular in Britain, and just for the sake of a “rebrand” if you will, a new name is almost a guarantee.

George is definitely a safe bet. You never know, though. We may be surprised.

For you royal watchers and history buffs out there, I’d recommend the movie “Cromwell.” Starring Richard Harris as Oliver Cromwell and Sir Alec Guinness as King Charles I. One of my all-time favorites.

Reactions: BMC

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I definitely think there will be a new name. From what I understand, Charles isn’t terribly popular in Britain, and just for the sake of a “rebrand” if you will, a new name is almost a guarantee.

George is definitely a safe bet. You never know, though. We may be surprised.

For you royal watchers and history buffs out there, I’d recommend the movie “Cromwell.” Starring Richard Harris as Oliver Cromwell and Sir Alec Guinness as King Charles I. One of my all-time favorites.
Watch the Tudors to get a grasp on their mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad