OT - NO POLITICS The Dog Days of Summer continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am not a fan of summer, so dog days of summer to me means dog tired of the heat and humidity. I love the Fall and it brings hockey. I need that cool, crisp air that it brings. This is also the driest summer I can remember, scary dry. Give me thunderstorms and steady rain over this heat.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I am not a fan of summer, so dog days of summer to me means dog tired of the heat and humidity. I love the Fall and it brings hockey. I need that cool, crisp air that it brings. This is also the driest summer I can remember, scary dry. Give me thunderstorms and steady rain over this heat.
Let it snow Let it snow Let it snow

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I had a nightmare a couple of days ago....Somehow all of the water (including the oceans dried up and was gone.

@Fenway ...Hot humid days. This Summer is bad. I cannot wait for Fall

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I had a nightmare a couple of days ago....Somehow all of the water (including the oceans dried up and was gone.

@Fenway ...Hot humid days. This Summer is bad. I cannot wait for Fall
Our forecast here looks bad for the next week or so, then nights start getting down into the 50s...sucks when it's 70+ at 8 AM

Bright side....going to Maine 8/8 to clear some more our on land....anyone wanna join in?

Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Well, in a few minutes we'll be able to say there is Bruins hockey (preseason but hey I'll take it) next month!

Bring on the cookies

best-sellers-cookie-tin-10-pack.2ef56c6db58944960bb36e0694740e84 (1).jpg

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

Indeed, the best time of year for me is September(I was born on the first), the arrival of crisp weather, and the putting away of the air conditioner, although our heat isn't quite as blistering as it is in Texas or the deep South. In the dog days, nothing beats the heat like Warrior.

Reactions: caz16 and BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Worked a public event last week. Got sick on Friday.
Test on Saturday was positive.

Covid again.

Here's a blessing I think we all could use:

View attachment 573934

hope you feel better quickly.

The Bride and I attended our first large closed in gathering since it all started. A wedding in a sweltering barn this weekend with 200 people. Handshakes - hugs etc..

We're hoping for the best.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
hope you feel better quickly.

The Bride and I attended our first large closed in gathering since it all started. A wedding in a sweltering barn this weekend with 200 people. Handshakes - hugs etc..

We're hoping for the best.
I’ve been saying “I’m not hugging” with mixed results. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Was sooooo amped 87 stops today. CAKE

Now I see these next 13 are in apartments. Looking at my itinerary one dude has 9 packages on floor 3

Gonna just knock these out fast……..i hope

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I think it is better they remain anonymous until they have everything set up to handle their new wealth & notoriety and for the reasons the article mentions.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I think it is better they remain anonymous until they have everything set up to handle their new wealth & notoriety and for the reasons the article mentions.

Yup, they give you 6 months to claim it, use that time wisely. Hire lawyers and accountants, gets your trusts and investment plan set up and be legally protected. Then go get the $

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad