OT - NO POLITICS The Dog Days of Summer continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Been in Indiana since Friday. Visiting our daughter. Decided we’d take in the Indianapolis zoo.
Got there and at the ticket entrance the Bride slips of the curb and faceplants onto the sidewalk.
9 hours later we just left a hospital.
Broken nose.
Broken wrist .
Concussion
Lacerated knee.

Flight home tomorrow should be a pissah. Once pain meds wear off tonight.🙁

Dont let smile fool you. That was leaving and she just finished morphine drip.

View attachment 578853

well swelling finally went down….geesh….her nose hooks to left. By, like a lot. Cant tell who she resembles most. Ovechkin or John Ferguson.
Anyway reconstructive surgery tomorrow 9:00.
Rebreak and set. I’ll probably be in and out of here .
Then back next Friday to see how its doing.
Then on the 19th back to the orthopedic surgeon to see if her arms mending or if followup surgery needed.
Then just for the **** of it back to her OB Gyn Oncologist the 27th to do her 6 month post cancer surgery check.

Ill tell ya, this gal has grit. I mean real grit.

Hoping this all goes well. I went ahead and booked an Inn in North Conway for Columbus Day weekend. She hasnt been there in decades. Real nice place.
Foliage should be peak. Already reserved seats on Cog Railroad up Mt Washington . Bucket list thing.

Live life to the fullest kids. Cause you never know.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
well swelling finally went down….geesh….her nose hooks to left. By, like a lot. Cant tell who she resembles most. Ovechkin or John Ferguson.
Then on the 19th back to the orthopedic surgeon to see if her arms mending or if followup surgery needed.
Then just for the **** of it back to her OB Gyn Oncologist the 27th to do her 6 month post cancer surgery check.

Hoping this all goes well. I went ahead and booked an Inn in North Conway for Columbus Day weekend. She hasnt been there in decades. Real nice place.
Foliage should be peak. Already reserved seats on Cog Railroad up Mt Washington . Bucket list thing.

No, you never know. ...May your wife heal up quickly and well, and enjoy North Conway.

• Love
Reactions: Gee Wally

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Good luck to her tomorrow!

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

I'm betting on John Ferguson....a much tougher dude....Good Luck Blessings!!!!

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

We did the Cog railroad in June,unfortunately it was so windy,cold and cloud covered the restaurant was closed as employees couldn't drive up there,and there was no view. Experiencing the snow in June and 70 MPH winds was an experience. One hiker perished that day also.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Best wishes to you and the bride. You guys are due for some good times.

Amanda's birthday is Oct 12th, and it is usually peak. With the dry weather who knows.

I have been on the Cog twice and loved it. Bring layers as the weather at the top can be MUCH colder. Also (out of North Conway) is the Conway Scenic Rail.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Apple gave me a generous trade in so I have bought the new iPhone 14 Pro Max

1662725604202.png

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Boo. I ususally wait until a day or two after mine expires to gain an extra month.
my last truck i went 3 years without one. lol.
to my defense, I did try going a couple times when i had time, but they had no stickers.lol.
So i said F it and never got one. I dont think cops care about that crap anymore anyways.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

All the best Wally.
I suppose you heard about Joe P’s wife’s fall?
Another long recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad