The Devils are now 16-27-5 since John Hynes was given a multi-year extension on January 3rd. Only th

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
It's like people don't remember that the team was literally just Hall, Hischier and Palmieri prior to this off-season.

They may have added some good pieces on the cheap, but they're all rather flawed in their own ways.

Hughes has elite talent, but he can't consistently bring it to bear due to his physical deficiencies. Look back to the Philly game when he was getting dumped on the boards from casual contact. Gusev will probably be a decently productive player but so far he's the typical import that is a mess when he doesn't have the puck. Subban was simply not a top-pairing defenseman last year even if he's their best defenseman this year. Simmonds is a 31 year power forward whose decline at even strength was well documented by Philly fans in his last two years.

They went from one of the thinnest teams in the league that needed a Hart trophy performance to make the playoffs two years ago to an average team that's on the bubble.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dialamo

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Subban needs to pick it up...he was a non-factor against the Oilers (missed a little time in the first due an equipment problem but still)
I'll cut Hughes some slack...18 year old rookie
Hall has been unlucky but he need to produce

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
hynes

source.gif

Reactions: Devilsfan2326

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don’t think it’s all the coaches fault. There’s a severe lack of talent on that team.

Jack Hughes is going to be a total stud and Taylor Hall is still Taylor Hall but they are hurting beyond that. The defense in particular is just wooof

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Puckluck13

Sep 28, 2019
Yikes NJ is a very bad team that is being outcoached every single game. Line combinations make zero sense. Simmonds is a 4th liner.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
This is what happens when you don't have any defenseman who can actually, you know, defend.

Subban
Severson
Vatanen
Butcher
Carrick
Tennyson

is the D group we sent out tonight...

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Shero is unbelievably overrated. I mean, he "won" some trades, for sure, he acquire good talent for almost nothing but they aren't good team. They doesn't improve, not much progress in last few years. He doesn't adress some of the biggest needs (G and D).... they have one playoff appearance in Shero first 4 years (5, if you count this season). Mediocre at drafting. Hynes is the worst but Shero is not the right person for this ship.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
It's the coach. Whole system built on low percentage plays made in high risk situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad