LeBrun: "The Devils are getting a ton of calls on pending RFA forward Yegor Sharangovich" and Blackwood is on the trade market

njdevscup30

Boom Boom
Apr 25, 2006
Blacksburg
Sharangovich still has room to thrive in NJ. He kind of fizzled late this past season but even then was still an excellent penalty killer. There is still potentially room in the top 6 since we don't know what that will look like yet. Even on the 3rd line he could be an excellent fit. We have the opportunity to play with 3 solid lines if we want, and we spread the wealth for a while last season with Meier on the 3rd line for a while.

Would he be happy with a bridge deal? A 2-3 year deal would be kind of ideal for us too with where some of our younger players are in their contracts/careers.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Sharangovich still has room to thrive in NJ. He kind of fizzled late this past season but even then was still an excellent penalty killer. There is still potentially room in the top 6 since we don't know what that will look like yet. Even on the 3rd line he could be an excellent fit. We have the opportunity to play with 3 solid lines if we want, and we spread the wealth for a while last season with Meier on the 3rd line for a while.

Would he be happy with a bridge deal? A 2-3 year deal would be kind of ideal for us too with where some of our younger players are in their contracts/careers.
Don’t see as much of a fit anymore and think we’re better off moving him. Won’t likely be in our top 6 and doesn’t impact the game enough in different ways we need in bottom 6. Not a bad depth and fill in top 6 guy to have but we can probably spend the roster spot and money on something we need more.

But in terms of the length a 2-3 year deal is probably the max term he’s getting. He’s not the kind of player getting a long-term contract. Wouldn’t even call it a bridge.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
by goal scorer do you mean he has the ability to score 25+? Or he scores an above average rate for a middle six goal scorer, just don't expect more than 20?

Red wings need a goal scorer who just wants to score goals. Honestly, I could care less about their defensive abilities, but I am sure Yzerman would want that.
Sounds like Olofsson from Buffalo is your target.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Don’t see as much of a fit anymore and think we’re better off moving him. Won’t likely be in our top 6 and doesn’t impact the game enough in different ways we need in bottom 6. Not a bad depth and fill in top 6 guy to have but we can probably spend the roster spot and money on something we need more.

But in terms of the length a 2-3 year deal is probably the max term he’s getting. He’s not the kind of player getting a long-term contract. Wouldn’t even call it a bridge.
If Holtz, Graeme and any others in Utica don't hold there own in training camp then what? I think Yegor is better than JespBo, not as fast though. We need a lil more meat on our bones if we're not adding that keep him

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
If Holtz, Graeme and any others in Utica don't hold there own in training camp then what? I think Yegor is better than JespBo, not as fast though. We need a lil more meat on our bones if we're not adding that keep him
I like Boqvist more. Sharangovich is a better scorer, Boqvist brings more in most other areas apart from PK. More speed and skill and has turned into a solid defensive forward. Will also be cheaper and fits into a bottom 6 role better IMO because of the things mentioned above.

Sharangovich isn’t a remotely physical player so he doesn’t give us that meat which is another reason he’s not a great fit. Bring in someone with a little more of that. And lastly we are gonna be at least 1 forward or 2 adding

Reactions: Zacha

amikaro

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2015
Would Minesota trade Hartman for Sharangovich or may their cap situation not allow anything more than 1.7''? I d like to see his grit next to Haula ...

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Sharangovich got a raw deal with how the roster shook out. He's a great PKer with a deadly shot. He's Zacha but at a bargain, and uses his body more. He can actually play bottom 6 unlike guys like Tatar, who he could immediately replace especially after Meier's acquisition. Don't think teams are gonna want to pay for that after the rough year he just had.

Unless Fitz wants him out for whatever reason but who knows. Rather part ways with other FAs

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Would Minesota trade Hartman for Sharangovich or may their cap situation not allow anything more than 1.7''? I d like to see his grit next to Haula ...
Foligno or Duhaime are probably more realistic targets

Reactions: amikaro

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
What's his next contract looking like?

Probably depends on what he's actually given. 2 years until ufa, so if it's a two year deal, probably a little less.

Evolving hockey has him projected at 3 x 3.5 I think, so maybe like 2.9 or 3 on a two year deal?

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I like Boqvist more. Sharangovich is a better scorer, Boqvist brings more in most other areas apart from PK. More speed and skill and has turned into a solid defensive forward. Will also be cheaper and fits into a bottom 6 role better IMO because of the things mentioned above.

Sharangovich isn’t a remotely physical player so he doesn’t give us that meat which is another reason he’s not a great fit. Bring in someone with a little more of that. And lastly we are gonna be at least 1 forward or 2 adding
The meat part was strictly not waify thin. Not necessary a thumper.
You think we're bringing in another 1-2 fwds? From Utica or outside the org?

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Sharangovich got a raw deal with how the roster shook out. He's a great PKer with a deadly shot. He's Zacha but at a bargain, and uses his body more. He can actually play bottom 6 unlike guys like Tatar, who he could immediately replace especially after Meier's acquisition. Don't think teams are gonna want to pay for that after the rough year he just had.

Unless Fitz wants him out for whatever reason but who knows. Rather part ways with other FAs
Agree, I think he has a role on this team

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Kevin Hayes for center depth?
hayes could fit the devils need. the contract is a no-go. the devils risk losing meier and/or mercer by trading for the hayes contract. so there would be heavy retention needed to consider such a move.

An era of mediocre goaltending lol
unfortunately there is no guarantee for this era to end with a blackwood trade. the devils don't have the starter they can count on to provide above average goaltending. which can be fine in todays nhl.

Reactions: HugeInTheShire

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I feel like a 2nd is the max we could get for him. No chance we’re getting a 1st for a pretty one dimensional guy who couldn’t even stay in our lineup

amikaro

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2015
Foligno or Duhaime are probably more realistic targets
foligno would be interesting. he might not have too many years left. he plays a hard game and i don't expect him to perform >35 ... i d welcome a try to add a player like him. it's more needed than a sharangovich type of player ...

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I feel like a 2nd is the max we could get for him. No chance we’re getting a 1st for a pretty one dimensional guy who couldn’t even stay in our lineup
I feel like Anaheim should be interested….

Idk that I’d move #33 for him… I’d be open to just a swap of Henrique at 50% for him.

But maybe 59 or 60 + 3rd next year.

Or something around comtois/Jones /nesterenko/regenda/Tracey/perreault/colangelo+ pick depending on piece

Unfortunately we don’t really have rhd to spare

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln