LeBrun: "The Devils are getting a ton of calls on pending RFA forward Yegor Sharangovich" and Blackwood is on the trade market

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
foligno would be interesting. he might not have too many years left. he plays a hard game and i don't expect him to perform >35 ... i d welcome a try to add a player like him. it's more needed than a sharangovich type of player ...
Yeah I think he would be a great fit in NJ as well. He was phenomenal in a checking role two years ago

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
hayes could fit the devils need. the contract is a no-go. the devils risk losing meier and/or mercer by trading for the hayes contract. so there would be heavy retention needed to consider such a move.

unfortunately there is no guarantee for this era to end with a blackwood trade. the devils don't have the starter they can count on to provide above average goaltending. which can be fine in todays nhl.
Vitek won 33 games with a 2.45 gaa and a .911 sv %
He got overworked this yr, 52 gms played
He'll be fine platooning with SchmidO

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Vitek won 33 games with a 2.45 gaa and a .911 sv %
He got overworked this yr, 52 gms played
He'll be fine platooning with SchmidO
i know vv was slightly above average this season. but he was also much worse in the playoffs. we can vv and schmid are enough. but imo it is more of a 50/50 situation. could work out, could also fail.

goalies are voodoo

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
i know vv was slightly above average this season. but he was also much worse in the playoffs. we can vv and schmid are enough. but imo it is more of a 50/50 situation. could work out, could also fail.

goalies are voodoo
GPWLOTGAASV%

They overplayed him, because they had too! Platoon the two and were fine. If Schmid ends up outplaying him the starting job is his!

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
A 2nd is the dream haul for Shara. A 3rd or below is more likely. He has value, but that value is to a bad team that is completely bereft of top-6 talent and wants to put a younger guy up there to see if he gets better. You never know, Kubalik wasn't even qualified by Chicago and Shara had a comparable 3rd season to him.

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
Sharangovich for Goodrow. Rangers need a shooting threat in the top 6 who plays a reasonable defensive game. Goodrow brings a lot of grit and veteran leadership. Money is probably a wash.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Sharangovich for Goodrow. Rangers need a shooting threat in the top 6 who plays a reasonable defensive game. Goodrow brings a lot of grit and veteran leadership. Money is probably a wash.
i don't like the goodrow contract. you can keep him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad