The Curious Case of Benjamin Hutton

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Still liking his poise with the puck and willingness to try and make plays under pressure. Positioning without the puck seems to be getting better and better too.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
i missed this from a couple days ago, but its a pretty good presentation of why (tangentially) as to why i thought the comets were f***ing themselves over last year (and why i was freaking out when i thought there was a chance of not signing him). ben hutton has been a good prospect for a long f***ing time.

http://canucksarmy.com/2015/10/17/i...hutton-then-you-haven-t-been-paying-attention

Interesting.

I remember when I watched Hutton play a couple times last year. I remember him having a bunch of shots too.

I think the game was Maine vs BC broadcasted by NBCsports

Never really thought of shots as a measurement of tracking progression.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Interesting.

I remember when I watched Hutton play a couple times last year. I remember him having a bunch of shots too.

Similar thing with the AHL too when you're looking for players who stand out - guys who're dominating that level generally should be able to put up very good shot rates. That's one of the criticisms people had about Vey in his final season there.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Interesting.

That was 2 years ago I think. Point still stands though. Hutton hype has been going strong for a few years here. I don't think any of us thought his defensive game would be this solid already though. The offensive swagger is par for the course.

arsmaster*

He chose #27 and could have easily taken 3 or what not.

#27 is a nice number, I quite like it on him.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
He chose #27 and could have easily taken 3 or what not.

#27 is a nice number, I quite like it on him.

That's what I was thinking too but there's also the possibility of Hutton not wanting to take #3 so soon after Bieksa's departure, being a rookie and all. Interesting he didn't opt for #10, given that he wore it in college and his Twitter handle is @bhutt10 and all.

I'll wait until next season then I guess just to be safe.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
That's what I was thinking too but there's also the possibility of Hutton not wanting to take #3 so soon after Bieksa's departure, being a rookie and all. Interesting he didn't opt for #10, given that he wore it in college and his Twitter handle is @bhutt10 and all.

I'll wait until next season then I guess just to be safe.

I think there's some Russian fellow that might take issue with Hutton taking #10.

(I made that mistake, too.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad