Post-Game Talk: The Curious Case of Benjamin Hutton -- Canucks win 1-0 (Yes we McCann.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Now I know why the Leafs Assistant GM said Mccann has one of the best shots of any player not currently playing in the NHL.

:golfnana:

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
"Jared McCann played real good *eye twitch* y'know like he scored a nice goal and made some real good plays but we're not sure if he's quite ready physically like Bo was last year so, y'know because like an 82 game season is such a grind in the NHL like it's so tough playing against grown men like Linden Vey so we think he has to work on getting bigger & stronger and come back to camp with the same intensity."

Willie benched Vey so idk, give him a chance.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Have pretty much called McCann since he went toe to toe with Erie

The center depth if we move Gaunce back is ****ing stacked.

I laugh at being our "centre" depth Sedin Sutter Vey Horvat, laughed I did

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
"Jared McCann played real good *eye twitch* y'know like he scored a nice goal and made some real good plays but we're not sure if he's quite ready physically like Bo was last year so, y'know because like an 82 game season is such a grind in the NHL like it's so tough playing against grown men like Linden Vey so we think he has to work on getting bigger & stronger and come back to camp with the same intensity."

If they cut him, I know who the Canucks' speech writer is. :laugh:

I hope they don't cut him though. Really hope.

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
I didn't know anyone could outplay Dorsett's invisibility act last playoffs but Sutter has done it this pre-season.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
McCann's play reminds me of his dour mood after being picked 24th last year. Was pissed that he fell cause he knew he was better than that. And he's playing like he knows he's good enough for the NHL and has something to prove. When is the last time we had a guy with that kind of confidence? Kesler?

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
McCann has earned a 9 game cup of coffee more than any of the other bubble players through preseason, but realistically should be returned to juniors after that. He looks like he still has some filling out to do, unlike Horvat, who looked like a 35 year old lumberjack at 19.

Putting Virtanen with the Sedins is kind of setting him up to disappoint given the style of game he plays...he's just wildly out of place with their east-west cycle game...but he probably needs to go back as well. Struggles to assert himself.

Really like Hutton on the offensive side of things. I'm not sure that two of the better defensemen on Vancouver's depth chart won't be suiting up in Utica this year. It looks pretty ghoulish back there.

Markstrom was great, although Arizona isn't much of a measuring stick.

This thread's hatred of Sutter aside, I thought he was okay. Looked more engaged than most of the veterans on the team (which is to say, not very), and didn't make any egregiously boneheaded decisions with the puck, which isn't a laurel you can hang around the neck of many of his teammates.

Those notes aside, dreadful game all around. Absolutely will-sapping hockey, I was struggling to stay awake. No flow, super choppy, virtually zero sustained offensive pressure by the Canucks. Awful stuff.

KDizzle

Aug 25, 2005
Bay Area
McCann's play reminds me of his dour mood after being picked 24th last year. Was pissed that he fell cause he knew he was better than that. And he's playing like he knows he's good enough for the NHL and has something to prove. When is the last time we had a guy with that kind of confidence? Kesler?

Hodgson.

I kid... Sort of.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I didn't know anyone could outplay Dorsett's invisibility act last playoffs but Sutter has done it this pre-season.

Sutter was one of the best Canucks in the 3rd period. But agreed with you up until that point.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

Yep. He must have been PISSED last June. Man he looks great out there. It's pre-season, yes, but the guy made some plays today with Vrbata and looked like he fit right in with him.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I would have said just throw Burrows back with the Sedins, but him and Sutter played well together.

As of now, I really have no idea what happens with the lines. No idea who plays with the Sedins, who Horvat plays with.. no idea.

I think it's actually pretty clear who Horvat will play with (assuming Horvat is indeed given the 2nd line centre position): Baertschi and Vrbata.

The thing I'm actually interested in is who is going to play with the Sedins if Burrows becomes a mainstay with Sutter?

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
McCann has earned a 9 game cup of coffee more than any of the other bubble players through preseason, but realistically should be returned to juniors after that. He looks like he still has some filling out to do, unlike Horvat, who looked like a 35 year old lumberjack at 19.

No prospect can ever match Horvat that's like comparing apples to steel ingots.

McCann has shown to be highly effective, in all situations, an extremely cerebral player, he basically has more highlights in every game he's played than some of our "skilled" guy's have had their entire career.

add a deadly shot, and speed and you have a guy that doesn't belong in the OHL

That means you don't need to be 185 lbs and strong, he has the tools to play without it.

McCann just tanked the tank

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I can just see McCann's face photoshopped on Obama.

qDs6Ll1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad