Post-Game Talk: The Curious Case of Benjamin Hutton -- Canucks win 1-0 (Yes we McCann.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
In what parallel universe or in what twilight zone was Sutter a faceoff ace in Pittsburgh?....the guy looks worse than Vey if that's possible....did Benning really say that they acquired him to win draws and if so, did he actually see him play?....going to a long year if he's the first guy over the boards on the penalty kill and is expected to win a faceoff to get the puck out.:help:

He was over 50% last year. :dunno: Not sure what you're so upset about.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Okay let's see...

McCann, fantastic game. Smart plays everywhere, always makes sure to get back to the defensive zone, and that nasty wrist shot shows up once again.

Hutton, smart player, and I love the way he moves up the ice.

Surprising round of applause to Luca Sbisa. Aside from like, 2 Pizzas, I liked his game. Physical, some good breakout passes, and he drew 2 penalties.

Markstrom was easily the best player in Blue and Green. Really liked his rebound control, he seems to be able to gobble up pucks well. Not to mention, his movement is far better than what I saw a year ago.

Sutter, after an invisible start, actually showed up and pleased me later on. I liked him with Kenins and Burrows.

Baertschi was pretty good. He clearly has the skillset, and I liked his shot in this game. In the 3rd period, his ability to cycle and play along the boards really impressed me.

Let's not put the Sedins with Virtanen again.

Virtanen wasn't overly impressive to me. Dumb penalty in the 1st, but other than a few plays in front of the net, and a few hits, he doesn't look like a 6th overall pick in my eyes.

Corrado has been brutal since Training Camp. Tons of turnovers, often out of position. I thought he'd be ready to make the jump but it's looking to be less and less likely that he'll earn an NHL spot barring injuries.

Vrbata and the Sedins were just meh, nothing amazing IMO, but they weren't liabilities.

Weber wasn't very good if you ask me, he made a lot of dumb pinches, and a few turnovers.

Vey had his best game IMO, still not very good, and still outclassed by McCann.

I've liked Cracknell quite a lot, he seems to be smart and strong, though his skating needs improvement. I have absolutely no problem with him as a depth forward, and I liked him with the Sedins.

Everyone else I didn't really have an opinion on. Not really noticeable.

Props to whoever made that title.

Pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

And thanks for the compliments (credit due to Art of Sedinery though for the McCann part ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad