The country of Qatar has paid for the dc metro to stay open for game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Talk to me when Qatar destablized the middle east and overthrows south-american governments.
Qatar is a ****ty country too but seeing Americans act like they have some moral superiority to talk about this is disgusting

I am just curious, do you know what is actually happening in Qatar?

Like happening right now in Qatar...

Reactions: Jray42

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Talk to me when Qatar destablized the middle east and overthrows south-american governments.
Qatar is a ****ty country too but seeing Americans act like they have some moral superiority to talk about this is disgusting

Oh sorry, was Qatar an ally of the US during the first Gulf War and the war in Libya? I think so! Wait Canada was as well? No way. That can't be right. Oh no Canada was involved in the war in Afghanistan and Iraq, and Libya too? The horror. Look at Canada destabilizing the Middle East.

We are talking about human rights violations of the citizens of the country you live in.

Does America give the most humanitarian aid around the world? Yep.
Does America imprison your wife if she disobeys you? Nope.
Does America imprison you for rape? Yep.
Does America allow torture, stoning and lashing of its citizens? Nope.
Does America allow you to marry a 7 year old? Nope.
Does America allow you to write "Donald Trump sucks" on a hockey forum? Yep.

Talk to me when Qatar gets up to speed with the above.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Oh sorry, was Qatar an ally of the US during the first Gulf War and the war in Libya? I think so! Wait Canada was as well? No way. That can't be right. Oh no Canada was involved in the war in Afghanistan and Iraq, and Libya too? The horror. Look at Canada destabilizing the Middle East.

We are talking about human rights violations of the citizens of the country you live in.

Pretty much sums it all up. Put perfectly :nod:

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

In a moral sense, I don't see how immigration status and/or area of residence materially affects the assessment of whether a human rights violation is justified. Accordingly, I see no morally compelling reason to exclude non-citizens and non-residents.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017

lol Canada is just America's puppet u think igaf about what Canada does. We are an irrelivent country on the international stage. Again im not defending Qatar, just pointing out the hypocracy. U guys even have a military base in that "human rights violating country" so u are accomplaces. Dont even get me started on Saudi Arabia. Most hypocrytical nation on earth?
Sorry for derailing the thread i know this is a hockey forum i wont be responding to this thread no more

Reactions: Sticky Fingers

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I am not defending Qatar at all. They use migrants from the middle east as slaves i dislike them a lot. Just pointing out the hypocracy

Their slaves are predominately Asian just FYI.

It just isn't a place I would think you have to take money from in DC. I guess it keeps the metro going, I am just a little disappointed is all. Others are free to have their opinions.

Reactions: flamesforcup

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
"we are your friend"-qatar

"qatar is such a nice country"- metro riders

qatar-

burns.gif

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Well in the U.K. it’s 0340, so for them, 0640. Probably just starting to wake up to a, presumably, hot sunny day.

(Also cringe at how this has become so political :facepalm:)

It's hard to avoid when it a State sponsored effort.

I try to avoid getting too political. This is really a human rights issue and that isn't libel or up for debate, we have reputable agencies putting out statistics on this stuff. Do what you want, but Qatar likely also isn't doing this for no reason, the effort is being made with political back-channeling intended.

Reactions: NOLAPensFan

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
Their slaves are predominately Asian just FYI.

It just isn't a place I would think you have to take money from in DC. I guess it keeps the metro going, I am just a little disappointed is all. Others are free to have their opinions.

well that makes it ok...... :huh:

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I am not defending Qatar at all. They use migrants from asia as slaves i dislike them a lot. Just pointing out the hypocracy

You pointed out nothing.

American citizens have nothing to do with what their leaders are doing in the middle east, almost everyone prefers they stay out. In Qatar citizens openly enslave, think of woman worse than goats and hunt down gays.

Americans citizens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Qatar citizens in human rights ainec.
American leaders >= Qatar leaders in human rights

Feel better?

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
I thought more people knew Qatar was a borderline slave state.

Unfortunate.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
No, they should be getting their slaves from Mexico and Central America like Americans do.

thats funny because these people you are calling slaves from mexico and central america are friends of mine and the ones i know all have houses and a life by now. if you want me to provide names i will and you can ask them for yourself.

its not the same and for you to compare the two is disturbing.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
thats funny because these people you are calling slaves from mexico and central america are friends of mine and most have houses and a life by now.

its not the same and for you to compare the two is disturbing.

No, for you to ignore all the ones living 20 to a house working 16 hour days for less than minimum wage in favor of the few lucky ones because it lets you shit on Qatar better is what's disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad