Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hands up who never even heard of that place til this :laugh:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
What do the human rights in Qatar have to do with rooting for the Capitals? Are you implying that rooting for the Caps makes me or others a terrible person with no regards for human rights?

Washington’s captain has a photograph of himself with Vladimir Putin as his Instagram profile picture so I wouldn’t call it all that far fetched.

Reactions: NOLAPensFan

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
What do the human rights in Qatar have to do with rooting for the Capitals? Are you implying that rooting for the Caps makes me or others a terrible person with no regards for human rights?
giphy.gif

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Perhaps through beIN Sports, which is owned by the Qatari government? Qatar and Russia, once adversaries, are close now. The reason has to do with natural resources...details too complex to go into on a hockey forum.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Yeah right. I come from the country that invented the notion of human rights, so... ;)

Washington’s captain has a photograph of himself with Vladimir Putin as his Instagram profile picture so I wouldn’t call it all that far fetched.

Why would I give a shit what Ovechkin thinks about Putin? None of my business.

Reactions: saffronleaf

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Yeah, I would be 100% go Caps if not for that, but this has me extremely torn.

Then again, Brent Burns follows Trump on Twitter, so I guess these are just things that I should try to ignore when being a hockey fan.
Well, I follow a lot of people on Twitter that I don't agree with, and Burns follows around 1600 people.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Well, I follow a lot of people on Twitter that I don't agree with, and Burns follows around 1600 people.

Sorry, I actually meant Instagram, where Burns only follows 321, including Donald, Donald Jr., and Ivanka.

Yeah right. I come from the country that invented the notion of human rights, so... ;)

Why would I give a **** what Ovechkin thinks about Putin? None of my business.

Seeing as Ovechkin has publicly declared his love for Putin and created a Putin fan club, I think he wants it to be your business. This isn’t some secret political view that he keeps to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad