The country of Qatar has paid for the dc metro to stay open for game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
DC Metro taking money from slavers, sexists and racists. This is a bad look for Washington

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
Shouldn't have taken that money. Some seriously shitty people donated it

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
You realize the US has a large military base in Qatar. And that, as mentioned upthread, they're currently at odds with the other Gulf states and are on a PR offensive. As for their human rights record, no, it is not great. None of those countries have anything to brag about in that regard. But if you're going to try to shame the Caps or DC for this, look in the mirror. Where do you think the oil for your gas comes from?

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
You realize the US has a large military base in Qatar. And that, as mentioned upthread, they're currently at odds with the other Gulf states and are on a PR offensive. As for their human rights record, no, it is not great. None of those countries have anything to brag about in that regard. But if you're going to try to shame the Caps or DC for this, look in the mirror. Where do you think the oil for your gas comes from?

The American oil companies are pos, you won't see anyone defending them. I hope no one defends the DC Metro for this either

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Suck it Canada and original 6. More proof that love of the game can thrive in warmer climates. :sarcasm:

How does this post not have hundreds of likes? I gave my gf the back story then showed her this post and even she smiled.

I cannot stop laughing!

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
This is difficult. We already have an NFL team in Jacksonville creating lots of controversy that they’re maneuvering to relocate to London.

I don’t think I can handle the upcoming Capitals to Qatar rumors.

Reactions: Jray42 and Lempo

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
This isn't a beauty pageant. You don't have to pretend America is worse than Qatar in human rights violations.
Talk to me when Qatar destablized the middle east and overthrows south-american governments.
Qatar is a shitty country too but seeing Americans act like they have some moral superiority to talk about this is disgusting

Reactions: Sticky Fingers

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Talk to me when Qatar destablized the middle east and overthrows south-american governments.
Qatar is a ****ty country too but seeing Americans act like they have some moral superiority to talk about this is disgusting

Talk to me when America becomes a hereditary monarchy. The left needs to stop blaming the US for everything. Yes, the US has its faults (who doesn't?). But that doesn't mean we can start disregarding the fact that the US respects civil rights more than the vast majority of the world. Now let's stop making this political. :)

Edit: All that said, I don't mind taking money. I highly doubt this will convince the city of Washington, DC to favour Qatar in anyway. A municipal government really has no power in being able to help foreign governments in any way. So thanks, Qatar!

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Let's be honest do we have rich posters from Qatar on HF? I don't imagine this issue is super publicized...

BuffsEnough

Oct 17, 2011
Qatar is a ****ty country too but seeing Americans act like they have some moral superiority to talk about this is disgusting

Ah yes, I will assume you are from Canada. This kind of arrogant "America sucks" and "holier than thou" attitude was pretty common to come across in the 23 years I lived there.

But hey, at least I can buy beer at 7-11 and get my. Burger done medium rare

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Ah yes, I will assume you are from Canada. This kind of arrogant "America sucks" and "holier than thou" attitude was pretty common to come across in the 23 years I lived there.

But hey, at least I can buy beer at 7-11 and get my. Burger done medium rare

I'm assuming you didn't live in Alberta, that attitude is much less common here. Which is why I'm surprised he's a Flames fan.

Reactions: Frank Drebin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad