GDT: The Cory: Devils @ Rangers, 1 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This game is a win if we don't allow another goal and at least don't get shutout.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Because, frankly, your argument is sorta ridiculous. The whole 100 game argument thrown about by you and a few others is, frankly, meaningless, and beyond that totally void of intellectual honesty.

He's a butterfly goalie who had a hip injury for the past two years. That's like a pitcher with a broken arm or a wide receiver with a broken hand. It makes it near impossible to perform well in any measurable way.

He's not young, and not our goalie of the future, and no one is going to argue that he is. But all the objective evidence so far is that, after finally recovering from the injuries and surgeries, he's playing very well behind a putrid team. Not elite anymore, sure, but still very good.
He's been very good for like 5 games now, so that means he's still very good? Or do you just mean he's been very good recently?

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
The excuses will still POUR in.

''He's injured''.

''It's Hynes! He sucks''

''LOL''

Understood but will his numbers get better? I don't support him but I think a better defense in front of him will cover up his bad play. I feel the same is true for KK.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Understood but will his numbers get better? I don't support him but I think a better defense in front of him will cover up his bad play. I feel the same is true for KK.
I don't think it will get better with a better defense.

He used to be great with a poor defense.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lol Salvador shocked that Severson is playing the PK instead of Santini
Santini blows.

But I don't think Severson should play the PK either, to be fair.

Santini could be okay on the PK.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gryba needs to get out of the way there.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think we're gonna win this challenge, but nothing to lose.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
He's been very good for like 5 games now, so that means he's still very good? Or do you just mean he's been very good recently?

I mean he's been very good since getting sent down for the "abdominal injury". His stats show it and, in my opinion, the eyetest shows it as well. He's moving quicker, no backbreakingly bad goals, his glove is looking good too.

I think his faults so far are rust-related and will be minimized. His rebound control was good, historically, and it seems that that could use some work. Right now, though, I don't see his play as anything but encouraging.

I'm not saying that I think he'll be the Cory we traded for, but that was a long time ago anyway. If he keeps this up, though, I don't see why he couldn't be a decent-to-good #1/1A for a year or two after this one.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I mean he's been very good since getting sent down for the "abdominal injury". His stats show it and, in my opinion, the eyetest shows it as well. He's moving quicker, no backbreakingly bad goals, his glove is looking good too.

I think his faults so far are rust-related and will be minimized. His rebound control was good, historically, and it seems that that could use some work. Right now, though, I don't see his play as anything but encouraging.

I'm not saying that I think he'll be the Cory we traded for, but that was a long time ago anyway. If he keeps this up, though, I don't see why he couldn't be a decent-to-good #1/1A for a year or two after this one.
Fair enough, but the best I see him being is a good backup.

I think he could have one good season as a starter, where it looks like he might be better, but will probably revert back to this version the next year.

I think he looks better, but he's likely not as bad as he was to start the year and not as good as he's been since getting called back up.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Can someone please explain to me why Gryba is here?
I don't know why he's here, but I hope he sits for Carrick next game.

It will probably be Santini though, which I'm fine with.

Or Mueller, which I'd be irate with.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Nice goal, that was all Palmieri though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad