GDT: The Cory: Devils @ Rangers, 1 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cory wasn't terrible, but that third goal looked worse during the intermission than it did when it happened. I don't think I'd nail him on that one, but it was pretty borderline.

He should be back in on Monday, but I almost expect to go back to Kinkaid. If Cory is gonna be here next year, we need a longer look at him and none of this 50/50 split until somebody wins a game BS.

With Lovejoy gone and Johansson probably gone by next game, Kinkaid is currently tied with Stafford for the most low priority player on the team, as we know he won't be back next year. We have no value in playing him anymore. I'm not factoring players like Gryba, Gabriel and Rooney into this, as they aren't full time and didn't start the season with the team. I'm not saying he shouldn't play again, but it shouldn't be right now unless it's a back to back. There's really no use and he has no future here.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hynes already said in the pregame Kinkaid was playing Monday.
Meh

I don't understand why this rotation.

Maybe they do plan to throw Cory out in the trash after this year, but we're never gonna know if he's good enough to play in the NHL next year if he only plays 10 more games this season and 25 in total, with 9 of them coming before his second injury, where he just looked unplayable. And he's already announcing before games even happen (in non-back to backs) the starter for the next game?

I don't understand how Keith hasn't played himself out of regular starts with his last 3 starts. They've been 2018 Cory bad.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They didn't want to play Cory three games in five days again clearly. He's still working back into a regular rotation. I'd imagine if this was like an October type schedule Cory would be playing every game atm.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I don't understand why people get mad when Hynes doesn't praise him or whatever happened in the post game the other night.

I think Carrick will be an upgrade to him, but Gryba will still be in the lineup, which sucks.

your santinin and gryb, bring about the same ... gryb brings a bit more jam so what not jus play him

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Just saw the score
And finished how I expected

Dogshyte lineup will lose most games

Rags held players out but had more real NHL talent in.

A great day though by shedding Hatejoy and getting a decent return.

Won't even watch it, just the low-lights.

Assume Cory wasnt good

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Just saw the score

Assume Cory wasnt good

ya, i passed on the game also….. cant get up for another stupid 1 pm game when its nice out and i can enjoy the weather, let chickens run around the yard for the first time in a while and work on stuff in the wood shop

gonna catch the "low-lights" later

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just saw the score

Assume Cory wasnt good
He just wasn't as good as Rags steal Georgiev!:sarcasm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We were out-goaltended today
The only goal I really had a problem with was that third goal.

It looks worse on replay than it did in real time. He had too much trouble covering that one up, much more than he should have. I'd have to look at it again to get a better look at how that came loose. He even acknowledged he needed to do better on loose pucks. He did the same thing on the first goal, but he was on his belly and not in a great position to cover up. That wasn't the case on the third goal.

Even Bryce commented on it during the 1st intermission, but also said it was a ''Bad bounce''.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
For the hundredth time: NO PERSONAL ATTACKS ON THE BOARD! You got a problem with someone else, take it to conversation messages or ignore them.

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
For the hundredth time: NO PERSONAL ATTACKS ON THE BOARD! You got a problem with someone else, take it to conversation messages or ignore them.
Is the constant attacks of the Devils management, coaches, players and prospects allowed? Some fans take offence to it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Is the constant attacks of the Devils management, coaches, players and prospects allowed? Some fans take offence to it.

Attacking the team and players (as long as it's not libel type stuff) is a little different than attacking posters personally. As much as sometimes people roll their eyes at the negativity the board wouldn't exist if you weren't allowed to criticize the team and players. However, no personal attacks against posters is literally the first board rule

1) Flaming: Critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks against members are not permitted. Report flaming, do not respond to it. Counter-flaming is also prohibited.

Terms of Service and Rules | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League

Any other questions or critiques of board policy ask a mod off the board.

Last edited:

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
Attacking the team and players (as long as it's not libel type stuff) is a little different than attacking posters personally. As much as sometimes people roll their eyes at the negativity the board wouldn't exist if you weren't allowed to criticize the team and players. However, no personal attacks against posters is literally the first board rule

1) Flaming: Critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks against members are not permitted. Report flaming, do not respond to it. Counter-flaming is also prohibited.

Terms of Service and Rules | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League

Any other questions or critiques of board policy ask a mod off the board.
Ok thanks for the clarification. The constant attacks on the Team by some posters is offensive to True Devils fans and counter productive to the rebuild. Productive criticism is a whole lot different to constantly attacking the Team IMO

Reactions: Billdo

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Meh

I don't understand why this rotation.

Maybe they do plan to throw Cory out in the trash after this year, but we're never gonna know if he's good enough to play in the NHL next year if he only plays 10 more games this season and 25 in total, with 9 of them coming before his second injury, where he just looked unplayable. And he's already announcing before games even happen (in non-back to backs) the starter for the next game?

I don't understand how Keith hasn't played himself out of regular starts with his last 3 starts. They've been 2018 Cory bad.
a)Cory is going to be back next year.

b)Can't play Cory every game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
a)Cory is going to be back next year.

b)Can't play Cory every game.
We can play him most games though.

No need to see KK anymore, unless it's a back to back or Cory allows goals on the first 2 or 3 shots again.

And I'm not 100% convinced yet that Cory will be here next year, but we can discuss that in the other thread.

Cory should play 15-17 of the last 20 games, if he's healthy.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
We can play him most games though.

No need to see KK anymore, unless it's a back to back or Cory allows goals on the first 2 or 3 shots again.

And I'm not 100% convinced yet that Cory will be here next year, but we can discuss that in the other thread.

Cory should play 15-17 of the last 20 games, if he's healthy.
Cory has struggled mightily, both on the ice and with injury the past 2 years and you want to play him 17 out of 20 games for a team battling for a high draft pick? because of a 6 game stretch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->